Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think that problem will be solved by Mason understanding that he needs to go elsewhere. He's received some good experience but he needs to go out and forge his own path if he wants a career in management.
He’s about as inspiring as Alan Partridge. Could be a good coach but zero gravitas

A lot of Celtic fans have now turned on Ange, which I realy don't understand.

We were in a mess when Eddie Howe left us in the lurch. Ange came in and brought a very exciting brand of football, and came close to wining all 6 of the domestic trophies he contested.

He was poor in Europe and I would have liked him to stay for another go at the CL. But there's no way he could turn down Spurs.

Spurs are obviously a bigger club in a much bigger league but I have every confidence he'll do a good job.

My one concern would be players coming in. Ange brought some great players to Celtic, but pretty much all of them came in his first foray into the transfer market. Since then his only real success was Alisair Johnstone who came in Jan.

It will be different at Spurs with a much bigger budget and a much better proposition for prospective signings, but I had a slight concern that he did lots of homework on his first signings, but then not so much after that.

I agree. 100%

NotThatTedHughes NotThatTedHughes . Hopefully you agree too?

We should get behind Ange and if things turn to shite aim our anger at Levy & Co.
Support Ange and the team. 👊 ...Not Levy and the board.
Sorry, I don’t get alerts for mentions.
100%.
Behind the team and anyone who wears the shirt.

I don’t care about Levy or the board. I’d replace them tomorrow if I could — but not with dodgy United fans (Sir Jim) or any 12th century nation’s sovereign wealth fund or offshoots of it.

Appreciate every point of view and perspective has been covered but still...

Whether Postecoglou can turn us around - clear out, rebuild, deal with Levy is yet to be answered, of course.

A bit simplistic (it's just too much writing otherwise) but after having 2 of our last 3 coaches being part of a lot of what isn't good about football - me, me, me, win at all costs, and just being bigger than the club and not about the team - there's a lot to be said by having a decent human being as coach, who is thoughtful about everything connected with the club.

I want to love my club again and it starts with Postecoglou.
Very well said!

At last Mr Levy has , mentioned about fast attacking football, in keeping with our DNA I guess.
Not sure how this is going to go, but, he has quite a bit of work to do, clear out what is not needed, and bring a few in.
I hope he gets what he needs, I'm sure he will 😊👍

Back
Top Bottom