January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I repeat, you're coming across as a tit. STFU for once.
giphy.gif

He is a closet Man U supporter!

I'm wondering wether if this Chinese thing escalates cunts like Abramovich decide enough is enough and fuck off out of football. The day he pulls the plug on Chelsea and they start their slippery slide back to their natural place in footballs food chain will be a day of massive celebration for me
I would fucking love it if that happens. At this point, I don't know. It is hilarious to see Chelsea getting Chelsea'd, but Roman's response to this new development will be interesting. The Chelsea project becomes very tricky if they're no longer able to be the market maker on overpaying for talent.

Still think our biggest problem right now is lacking creative passing. Eriksen's stepped it up recently, but if anything happens to him, we're pretty fucked. If Lamela was fit, that wouldn't be a worry, but as it stands...

Yunus Malli is no longer an option, but Vincenzo Grifo and Bruno Fernandes are still out there. And the latter looks very much like an Eriksen back-up:
Shopping With Stats In the Transfer Market

Still think our biggest problem right now is lacking creative passing ...

Sorry, but did you watch the WBA game?
I've havent seen such a masterfully creative passing team for ages. And not just that game either, we've been delightful all season.

Unless, of course, you're the bloke behind me who shouts "Get it forward!", "Quicker!" and "Fucking hell this is so slooow!!" every 5mins. I doubt he's been happy since Dawson was pinging fifty-yarders to Crouch 20 times a game.

Sorry, but did you watch the WBA game?
I've havent seen such a masterfully creative passing team for ages. And not just that game either, we've been delightful all season.

Unless, of course, you're the bloke behind me who shouts "Get it forward!", "Quicker!" and "Fucking hell this is so slooow!!" every 5mins. I doubt he's been happy since Dawson was pinging fifty-yarders to Crouch 20 times a game.
I loved the WBA game, but we haven't been like that all season. We've actually frequently struggled to do that at points this year. And as I said, without Eriksen, we have very little ability to do that. If he gets hurt, we're pretty fucked. Thus far at Spurs, he's essentially been bulletproof, but I don't like the idea of having our whole season hinge on his fitness. We need a back-up to do that role.

"ITK" from grey fox on SC...

:levyeyes:

Who: Grey Fox
When: 17th January
Where: SC

Poch wants two specific players who would be "first teamers" and if we can't get them this window we will go after them again in the summer. Wasn't given names this time , but suspect Isco is one of them based on previous conversations. The £4.5m being quoted is what Swansea offered initially, it will probably be closer to £6.5m plus add ons coming to £8m .(Note from A&C, I suspect this is Carroll)

Davies not going anywhere this window. We have put out some feelers re a number of younger players on a buy now and loan back basis, but nothing concrete yet. A couple of our youth will go on loan. Poch is extremely happy with the feeling around the club, the togetherness, the growing maturity and winning mentality.

We won't be buying anyone from Jorge Mendes stable, Levy has given a dictate not to deal with him again.

Still think our biggest problem right now is lacking creative passing. Eriksen's stepped it up recently, but if anything happens to him, we're pretty fucked. If Lamela was fit, that wouldn't be a worry, but as it stands...

Yunus Malli is no longer an option, but Vincenzo Grifo and Bruno Fernandes are still out there. And the latter looks very much like an Eriksen back-up:
Shopping With Stats In the Transfer Market

I think our biggest problem is the lack of an explosive AM who can play between the lines and beat people in tight spaces, we don't have a Sanchez or Hazard type the type of player who would make all our possession we have extra dangerous. Edwards is the closest and he is a kid.

I think our biggest problem is the lack of an explosive AM who can play between the lines and beat people in tight spaces, we don't have a Sanchez or Hazard type the type of player who would make all our possession we have extra dangerous. Edwards is the closest and he is a kid.
It's hard to find someone who can though, and who isn't already somewhere we can't buy from. Ousmane Dembele was that guy last year, but Dortmund moved first and the kid is fucking magic.

As it stands, Dele, Son and Sissoko are all pretty good at moving the ball forward, but none are quite what you mean.

I kind of feel that a backup for Rose is needed. Davies is good, but he's not as good in the offence as I would like for a Rose backup. Probably more suited to play the Vertongen position. Sure he and Wimmer will have a fight about it. My money is on Wimmer.

It's hard to find someone who can though, and who isn't already somewhere we can't buy from. Ousmane Dembele was that guy last year, but Dortmund moved first and the kid is fucking magic.

As it stands, Dele, Son and Sissoko are all pretty good at moving the ball forward, but none are quite what you mean.

Isco has certain elements of that in term of a power close control game changer, he is somewhere between an Eriksen and Sanchez type but that probably won't happen for us. You right about Ousmane Dembele would have been a monster signing.

For me it's the missing piece but we don't have that option. It's a shame, I really feel if we had bought Isco and had been using the 352 formation from the start of the season we would be right level or above Chavs.

Bolasie has certainly been talking lots recently, since when did he become such an expert? He talked about Costa moving to China, now Zaha potentially being the new Neymar.
He was on 5 live with JJ last week on the night of the Costa bust up so a lot of the quotes come from that.

"ITK" from grey fox on SC...

:levyeyes:

Who: Grey Fox
When: 17th January
Where: SC

Poch wants two specific players who would be "first teamers" and if we can't get them this window we will go after them again in the summer. Wasn't given names this time , but suspect Isco is one of them based on previous conversations. The £4.5m being quoted is what Swansea offered initially, it will probably be closer to £6.5m plus add ons coming to £8m .(Note from A&C, I suspect this is Carroll)

Davies not going anywhere this window. We have put out some feelers re a number of younger players on a buy now and loan back basis, but nothing concrete yet. A couple of our youth will go on loan. Poch is extremely happy with the feeling around the club, the togetherness, the growing maturity and winning mentality.

We won't be buying anyone from Jorge Mendes stable, Levy has given a dictate not to deal with him again.
Who have we bought from Mendes's stable in the past then?
Someone refresh my memory.

Isco has certain elements of that in term of a power close control game changer, he is somewhere between an Eriksen and Sanchez type but that probably won't happen for us. You right about Ousmane Dembele would have been a monster signing.

For me it's the missing piece but we don't have that option. It's a shame, I really feel if we had bought Isco and had been using the 352 formation from the start of the season we would be right level or above Chavs.

We've been playing fantastically but we can't get too carried away.

Wasn't long ago we had pages of people going "this is worse than AVB/Poch out".

There will be more times when the whole team isn't clicking and an individually brilliant player can be the difference between 0 and 3 points

Back
Top Bottom