January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Honestly, this is the first time I can remember where I can't name even one position where we really need to buy for. If anything, I could say that we need another striker just with Janssen struggling to perform, but I'm not giving up on him yet and we have other options for people who can play up top.

Honestly, this is the first time I can remember where I can't name even one position where we really need to buy for. If anything, I could say that we need another striker just with Janssen struggling to perform, but I'm not giving up on him yet and we have other options for people who can play up top.

You're buying for depth, if you wish to go far in the CL next season. And domestic cup runs.

You're buying for depth, if you wish to go far in the CL next season. And domestic cup runs.

And there is apparently this thing called injury and lack of form.

It matters not a jot how good our first 11 is because nothing is ever fixed in stone.

We still need another 2/3 better players in the squad challenging any slip in standards or injury concerns.

Chief among them for me is another striker. Absolutely crucial.

No chance of Isco. We're not going to drop Eriksen or Dele, and he wouldn't come unless he was guaranteed to be pretty much first name on the team sheet (and maybe not even then).

Fuck Isco anyway, we don't need him.

Sebastian Driussi has been spotted on his way to the airport.

images

No chance of Isco. We're not going to drop Eriksen or Dele, and he wouldn't come unless he was guaranteed to be pretty much first name on the team sheet (and maybe not even then).

Fuck Isco anyway, we don't need him.

Wasn't long ago Eriksen was being touted as lazy and not good enough, would only take a few poor games for that to begin again. Isco would certainly improve us and to say otherwise is naive

:dembelefingers:
Wasn't long ago Eriksen was being touted as lazy and not good enough, would only take a few poor games for that to begin again. Isco would certainly improve us and to say otherwise is naive

The only naive thing is to think he'd come to us. You're wrong if you think so, and there really is no telling if Isco would fit in or not so shove your naivety comment up your arse you stupid homosapian

Even before Jan got injured i thought we should look at another quality young cb; especially now that we are often playing with 3 at the back. Davis can do a job but he isnt a cb that can win aerial duels against forwards on the larger side like the girouds and carrols.
I would love us go for mauricio Lemos from las palmas

:dembelefingers:

The only naive thing is to think he'd come to us. You're wrong if you think so, and there really is no telling if Isco would fit in or not so shove your naivety comment up your arse you stupid homosapian

I didn't even comment on whether he would come. using that logic would you suggest we never buy any highly rated and demonstrably good players?

Even before Jan got injured i thought we should look at another quality young cb; especially now that we are often playing with 3 at the back. Davis can do a job but he isnt a cb that can win aerial duels against forwards on the larger side like the girouds and carrols.
I would love us go for mauricio Lemos from las palmas
You honestly thought we needed another Cb before Jan got injured??
We have Wimmer, CCV and Davies that can cover.

Well Dier plays in the 3. I assume that is how we want to play.
We have loads of options, all tried and tested. Some better suited than others and also will depend on the Oppo.

(options without Vertonghen)
If we opt for 3 at the back then Dier, Toby & Davies are the best suited to it.
If we opt for 4 at the back then Toby and Wimmer are the best CB options.
The above are based on Rose & Walker as FB's in both formations, but might be some games where Poch might consider Trippier and Davies as FB's which might also have a baring on if we play 3 or 4.

Back
Top Bottom