January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Big teams have now gotten smart about January. Only entertainment left is badly run clubs, idiot owners and the Chinese pulling a Chelsea on Chelsea. The smart clubs are just lining up their summer moves now. Like Bayern did over the weekend. Fuck, they're terrifying.

Sule is an incredible player, Hoffenheim keeps producing the goods.

Sule is an incredible player, Hoffenheim keeps producing the goods.
They're a well-run club with a very promising young manager, but are facing the same glass ceiling of every German club. Anything too good gets stolen by Bayern. It's pretty depressing, but I do have to admire the inventiveness of those clubs trying to do it anyway.

If more English clubs were run this way then the PL would be much, much better. But change is very slowly happening, and I do wonder how much Brexit will hurt the process.

Mauricio Pochettino: Tottenham players would not take China's 'crazy' money
Costa was last week involved in a row with a Chelsea fitness coach and head coach Antonio Conte, having received a £30 million-a-year offer from China.

Pochettino has no such problems and is not worried about Harry Kane, who netted a hat-trick in this victory, or any of his other stars being distracted by the riches on offer in the Chinese Super League. Pochettino said: “It’s crazy money, it looks like they broke the market. If it’s true, it’s unbelievable but we will see what happens.”

Pochettino insisted he did not know of any Chinese offers for key players such as Kane, Dele Alli and Christian Eriksen, who also scored with a deflected strike on Saturday, but claimed Tottenham have developed a bond that would be tough to break with any amount of money.

“To be together and every player happy and part of our Tottenham family, I think we have a very good atmosphere around the club,” said Pochettino. “Our supporters are amazing and I think this is a very good mix between the club, the supporters, the players, the staff.

“I think it’s amazing day by day how we feel, how we live on the training ground. That is important in the end to try to win big things, to fight.”

Spurs are certainly fighting for big things again, even if Pochettino jokes that the only big change has been to his waistline. When he was asked if he is different for last season’s experience of missing out on the title, Pochettino replied: “No, I am the same, maybe a little bit fatter than last season!"
Mauricio Pochettino: Tottenham players would not take China's 'crazy' money

:llorishuh:

Unless we spend at least £80m this window, we're fucked. Shit teams like Burnley and Bournemouth will be overtaking us come February. Fucking joke of a club.

Maximus Tainio? More like Maximus Tinycock! Amirite??

:troll:

I wonder if we are bringing Nabil back in the summer, if not could we try to make them take up the option now, just in case of anything going pear shaped.

He is out injured for 10 months plus. Also been tweeting alot...

Mmmm, I wonder what lady Brady has to say about that.

Btw he's either eats and drinks at right cheap gaffs, is a tight cunt or Everton are paying him peanuts .
Notice the hotel is the most expensive outlay. Says it all about his priorities :)
And taxi my arse, hell drink and drive like any proper Footballer :unsure:

Last edited:
Big teams have now gotten smart about January. Only entertainment left is badly run clubs, idiot owners and the Chinese pulling a Chelsea on Chelsea.
I'm wondering wether if this Chinese thing escalates cunts like Abramovich decide enough is enough and fuck off out of football. The day he pulls the plug on Chelsea and they start their slippery slide back to their natural place in footballs food chain will be a day of massive celebration for me

I still think signing a striker this window would be a bonus. We were stung before when we signed Saha and then fell off..

I know we have Janssen, but I just don't think he's ready for the pressure he'll have off the game yet. Son is good, but is not a striker.

The only problem we have is who is available or good enough? It's probably harder than ever to sign a top draw striker nowadays.

For the 5 months remaining then someone like Defoe would be ideal, but for what relegation is worth Sunderland would want £25m+ for him.

I think that another striker will be needed to make us competitive all all fronts and competitions. But the question is who can that be? Defoe will be too much, the only player I can think of is Jese, who is out of favour at PSG, a loan to buy option for him would be a great shout. Or maybe Mark Uth?
A levy wheeler dealer deal like Saha a few years ago wouldnt be too bad.

Back
Top Bottom