January 2017 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Regarding Eriksen he's one of those players you miss when injured. Just something to accept.

You cant just have another one on the bench. A replacement, on Eriksens level, will play every week somewhere else.

The key is not always to sign players, as back up. Its to utilise your squad, and play in a way that brings the best out the guy who comes in, be it Sissoko, Winks, playing two up top....whatever.

We lost Modric twice and more than coped with Huddlestone as we changed our system to suit.

Is Aaron Lennon injured? Seems to be out of favour if not.
They have an awful lot of players at Everton.
Besic
McCarthy
Davies
Schneiderlin
Guyeye
Barry
Lennon
Bolasie
Mirralas
Barkley
Delofeou
Lookman
Lukaku
Valencia
Calvert lewin
All fit, That's 13 midfield forward players competing for 7 places

Is Aaron Lennon injured? Seems to be out of favour if not.
They have an awful lot of players at Everton.
Besic
McCarthy
Davies
Schneiderlin
Guyeye
Barry
Lennon
Bolasie
Mirralas
Barkley
Delofeou
Lookman
Lukaku
Valencia
Calvert lewin
All fit, That's 13 midfield forward players competing for 7 places

7 + 6 reserves.... Not so much when you think about it.

Outside of our starting XI, we still have Son, Sissoko, Lamella, GKN, Jansen, Winks, Onomah, Edwards + N'Jie & Bentaleb on loan.

Edit: That list is 15 players!

...And assumes the idea of GK + 3 defenders.

Revised = 15 players, 6 spots = 9 subs..... Still one behind us! lol

Last edited:
If the manager wants a player, we can get aplayer that wants to come, and is the right player then we'll buy him.
I can't see Poch bringing anyone into the first team set up unless they will fit.
More important is we don't upset the atmosphere at the club with some wrong un.
I can't see us buying for the sake of buying, because we need, or may need.
Anyway, who's out there and, more importantly, available that will dramatically improve us?
Even more relevant who fits that criteria who will 100% slot seamlessly into the team and improve us?

7 + 6 reserves.... Not so much when you think about it.

Outside of our starting XI, we still have Son, Sissoko, Lamella, GKN, Jansen, Winks, Onomah, Edwards + N'Jie & Bentaleb on loan.

Edit: That list is 15 players!

...And assumes the idea of GK + 3 defenders.

Revised = 15 players, 6 spots = 9 subs..... Still one behind us! lol
mirallas, McCarthy, besic, Lennon, delefoue , guyeye, cannot be compared to winks, onomah and Edwards.
These players are experienced.

I mean is that some of those players are going to be unhappy not even being on the bench.
Only one of our experienced AM players will be missing from the bench at any time.
The others are making their way up.
Davies and lookman may not mind being excluded.
Depends on the player, but even andros got pissed being overlooked for a kid

Who was the last person we signed in January and came in January'?

We signed Tracey last year, Dele and loaned him back.
We have bought £123m and sold £54m in Jan windows since 03/04 a net £69m. One of the PL top Jan spenders. most of that wa down to swapping managers , Jol for Santini, Ramos for Jol, HR for Ramos, and I think Ramos and HR did a chunk of that.
I think it's quite time since we bought a player in January that joined in January.

I think it was Fryers and Holtby, in 12/13 under AVB and Holtby was supposed to join in the summer.
£5m wasn't it for those two
Sherwood didn't even make any in Jan after Boas,

I doubt we will be spending big.

Back
Top Bottom