Southampton (A) - 28th Dec

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought it was a red as last man although the actual foul was probably more outside the box so a free kick rather than pen. Academic now though.
Despite Jamie Redknapp's best efforts on behalf of his Dad to get both the pen and the result chalked off... I actually thought it was a RED but not necessarily a Pen, as the original offence (the one that put them both off balance, which inadvertently led to the second offence) happened outside the box... but Redmond clearly made no attempt to play the ball... only to stop Dele. A RED!

C0yoxpCXEAALeVk.jpg
s2_laz.jpg

Something else I noticed about all 4 goals last night;
The 2 headers (Dele & Kane's) were both in the top corner to Forster's left...
The other two (Son & Dele's 2nd) we're low shots across goal to Forster's... left...
I reckon someone's done their homework!!

...and whilst spending so much time on that, we clearly neglected working on 'Set-Pieces' in training!

Something else I noticed about all 4 goals last night;
The 2 headers (Dele & Kane's) were both in the top corner to Forster's left...
The other two (Son & Dele's 2nd) we're low shots across goal to Forster's... left...
I reckon someone's done their homework!!

...and whilst spending so much time on that, we clearly neglected working on 'Set-Pieces' in training!

I've read the match posts on a saints forum and they really
Don't rate Forster, they want a replacement in Jan.

Also I noticed that they were quite complimentary toward us which surprised me..Only a handful harped on about the pen and red card whilst many claimed the ref got it right..Was quite surprised to be honest..

Fantastic away support from our lot. I don't think I've ever heard home fans so out-sung, esp with songs they sing.

It was a red card. Dogso with a pull back and no attempt at the ball. That's 2 reasons according to the book, and you only need one.

And it was a pen too. Barging into the back of his legs.

Sissoko improving a lot. I wish he'd been given more games early on. Looks very good now.

Wanyama upsets the balance of MF. Always in the wrong place regarding our back 2; and Dembele forced out into silly wide places. In the space of 2 mins he was at LB, then at RB. Eh? Please - can we have the Dier Dembele combo again if Toby fit for Watford and Chavski.

Fonte should have got red for the 2 footed tackle/lunge. It's automatic, why are refs ignoring it? Maybe Dean would have given red if he hadn't already done Redmond.

Hugo - FFS can we do some distribution on the training pitch? At 2-1 up v 10 men, he was acting like he'd got a 10 match draw accumulator.

Rose - another great game. I'll try and forget the silly yellow v Spam which suspended him for Chavs.

Jan - did you have hols arranged at the weekend? I can't think of any other reason to get a booking 2 mins from time and 4-1 up.

Wish I'd been there, my only visit to St Mary's was the 0-4 FA cup battering Glenda's 1st season.

I see the world's trash media have decided to run stories about how Mike Dean shook Dembele's after he'd given the penalty.

They've mostly ignored the 25 mins that were between those incidents, though.

I actually said 5-1, but didn't take into account Kane would miss the penalty. A win was always the obvious result, but unfortunately I predict we won't get anything from the Watford game

Back
Top Bottom