Southampton (A) - 28th Dec

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Very very happy with that second half performance. Not the greatest starts with van Dijk scoring after a few minutes but after that, we pretty much bossed them. I still feel we aren't playing anywhere near as good as we can do and to be where we are in the league, playing how we are and just one point off 4th place, three points off 3rd whilst continuing to stay ahead of Man Utd despite their form is a great place to be in. Getting a win against Watford in the next game week is crucial, especially as it would be a fourth straight win with the momentum strong heading into the home game against Chelsea but no matter what we'll be making up points of Man City/Liverpool as they play each other.

Kyle Walker and Jan Vertonghen both miss the next game though, will both be big losses. Trippier will come in for Walker and I hope Alderweireld is back for that game, I feel a lot more comfortable with him in the side and I don't know if I'd be able to handle a Dier/Wimmer centre half pairing, though I would give Wimmer a start as Vertonghen replacement if Alderweireld is back.

1-4 away at Southampton is a damn good result though. Before today they had conceded 5 goals at home in the league ALL season and the last time they conceded at home before today was on the 30th October. I'm glad Kane got a goal after a mini drought, happy for Alli to make it 3 goals in his last 2 games and 6 in the league this season. Son showing he's a great option off the bench too. Danny Rose seems to be involved in a goal every single week, lovely assist for the fourth goal.

Worried about victor. Also one booking from missing one. Need him for Chelsea.

C0y2BHJW8AMcIbp.jpg:large

Ed Sheeran trying to grab some Rose batty

...after 70 seconds!

To be fair we had just given away a needless freekick then let someone who's never scored out jump 5 people to score in that 70 seconds....!

Early days smirly days......The two shittest times to concede is first and last minute.

First minute is just a total cunt, despite having the whole game left imo

To be fair we had just given away a needless freekick then let someone who's never scored out jump 5 people to score in that 70 seconds....!

Early days smirly days......The two shittest times to concede is first and last minute.

First minute is just a total cunt, despite having the whole game left imo

Honestly not worried at all at one down

I even said to a mate it's better this way as usually we try and be cerebral and sometimes are flat first half

This way we had to go forward from the off which I much prefer and then bury them second half

We should let loose against these non physical hipster sides, they don't know or mostly even bother to tackle we should murder them

Honestly not worried at all at one down

I even said to a mate it's better this way as usually we try and be cerebral and sometimes are flat first half

This way we had to go forward from the off which I much prefer and then bury them second half

We should let loose against these non physical hipster sides, they don't know or mostly even bother to tackle we should murder them

So no one has scored against these at home for 5 hours.... then we go and score 4! I'm sorry buy that is so un-spursy!!!:levywhoa::dierno::allitongue:

The first 10 minutes aside, we were the better team and deserved the win.

Before they went down to 10 men we were ahead and looking to extend our lead. The ref made some poor decisions but the sending off was correct as their player made no attempt to get to the ball.

Danny Rose was my man of the match but they were all excellent tonight, the spurs of a few seasons ago may not have come back after conceding early or might have contrived to draw the game late on!

Good result. Still don't feel like we are clicking properly, which could be a good thing assuming we do actually start at some point soon.

Feel that we are keeping pace by the skin of our teeth at the mo with all those above us looking a lot more assured in their performances.

But if they all have dips with us still due to hit a peak who knows what might happen.

The first 10 minutes aside, we were the better team and deserved the win.

Before they went down to 10 men we were ahead and looking to extend our lead. The ref made some poor decisions but the sending off was correct as their player made no attempt to get to the ball.

Danny Rose was my man of the match but they were all excellent tonight, the spurs of a few seasons ago may not have come back after conceding early or might have contrived to draw the game late on!

Thought it was a red as last man although the actual foul was probably more outside the box so a free kick rather than pen. Academic now though.

Back
Top Bottom