Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Both Walker and Rose have improved their crossing so much too.
Have thought this for a while now. Walker in particular. No more headless chicken balls. Real purpose & intent when they bomb forwards. That's the benefit of the 2 holding MF's to slot in. Worked a treat tonight. I know it's only Hull etc etc but we looked menacing down the flanks which was lovely to see.

They stand out so much, even on our flat performances they are our most creative players as well as helping the back remain solid, a credit to the club

Credit to Poch, he loves coaching a full back.

At Southampton he oversaw the improvement of:

Clyne £20,000,000
Shaw £32,000,000

Unusual feeling tonight. 3-0 at home should always be good. However, the way our season has gone it needed to be 3-0 to keep any pace with others. That's essentially the problem with our poor run. It's put the pressure on every other game and a defeat / draw will ultimately hurt us that bit more. But credit where it's due a win is a win and everyone will be happy enough, so we should be.

Some ( negative ) observations

Some horrifically sloppy play at times again tonight. Chipping balls out from Lloris to Dier especially concerning, they will get picked off doing that against better teams.

The changes from the Bench expose our biggest problem this season. There is no quality in depth in the key positions. While Winks was terrific, Son and Bambi were absolutely SHIT ( although one of them two only had about 10 minutes to fuck up ) Son's scored some good goals for us but how anyone judged this guy as a 20+ million investment i'll never ever know.....

GKN has been no more used than Njie would have been and that's a huge concern. Remember the weeks that dragged by with this guy in a hotel room and we were desperate to get him....Why? He never starts ! What on earth was our plan for this chap ?

No striker on the bench, two fall backs, a keeper and Josh does not make for a title chasing squad, investment is necessary in January !

pS. Ref was a liability tonight. Two pens turned down that looked like Pens to me & seeing Tom Huddlestone chase back early doors to win a tackle was humorous to see.

Unusual feeling tonight. 3-0 at home should always be good. However, the way our season has gone it needed to be 3-0 to keep any pace with others. That's essentially the problem with our poor run. It's put the pressure on every other game and a defeat / draw will ultimately hurt us that bit more. But credit where it's due a win is a win and everyone will be happy enough, so we should be.

Some ( negative ) observations

Some horrifically sloppy play at times again tonight. Chipping balls out from Lloris to Dier especially concerning, they will get picked off doing that against better teams.

The changes from the Bench expose our biggest problem this season. There is no quality in depth in the key positions. While Winks was terrific, Son and Bambi were absolutely SHIT ( although one of them two only had about 10 minutes to fuck up ) Son's scored some good goals for us but how anyone judged this guy as a 20+ million investment i'll never ever know.....

GKN has been no more used than Njie would have been and that's a huge concern. Remember the weeks that dragged by with this guy in a hotel room and we were desperate to get him....Why? He never starts ! What on earth was our plan for this chap ?

No striker on the bench, two fall backs, a keeper and Josh does not make for a title chasing squad, investment is necessary in January !

pS. Ref was a liability tonight. Two pens turned down that looked like Pens to me & seeing Tom Huddlestone chase back early doors to win a tackle was humorous to see.

Minus your point about GKN which is granted in my opinion, he may not be the answer long term but he may have something to offer and he still has 0 premier league starts which is a worry.

Moving on...

Your problems with Dier and Hugo... go fuck yourself.

Winks should have started let alone be considered a weak bench, we have two CM spots one is to tackle and we have Wanyama and Dier so we are spoilt, the other Dembele and.... Winks is the next best but Dier has barely played and Poch may think his hands are tied... so go fuck yourself again.

No striker on the bench, Vincent is injured go fuck yourself.

Lastly your point about the ref in unison with Tommy Hudd, I will personally call the FA tomorrow and question if his lack of pace is equal to throwing a game - although to be honest, I'd rather short sighted cunts like you disappear compared to the FA. Yeah, exactly.

Diers pass for the second goal was more constructive than any pass Wanyama has made all season.
It was nice but ultimately a routine ball over the top. Vertonghen & Alderwierld also making the same passes all night as it was in our game plan. Wanyama was playing DM a different position, fulfilling a different role/function.

It was nice but ultimately a routine ball over the top. Vertonghen & Alderwierld also making the same passes all night as it was in our game plan. Wanyama was playing DM a different position, fulfilling a different role/function.

I didn't view Diers pass like that at all. I thought it was an excellent ball and had a great touch on it. This could be an area where we're spoiled though because Toby seems to hit these great passes regularly.

Hey chaps I just got home from doing a gig is there anywhere online I can watch the game - anyone know? I'd love to see us actually fucking decisively winning something! Cheers, Mitts x

I get that and understand Wanyamas game. I was trying to highlight how creative Dier is compared to Wanyama which is something we have been missing this season in that DM position (its not only defensive , distruct). Saying that, I thought overall things were better, there was a strong will to get forward, passes were played in front of players rather than square or behind. Sissoko made some great runs through the middle and if he could finish, would be a very good player. A lot to build on and hopefully Lamela gets back soon, i feel we miss him.

Hey chaps I just got home from doing a gig is there anywhere online I can watch the game - anyone know? I'd love to see us actually fucking decisively winning something! Cheers, Mitts x

Tottenham Hotspur vs Hull City – Match Highlight : Update Latest Clip Videos Soccer Highlights, Football Highlights , National Basketball Association, NBA, NBA Regular Season, National Football League, NFL, Full Highlights& Full Matches Download. and Other Sports on the World.

Tottenham Hotspur vs Hull City Highlights & Full Match Video Goals

One of these should work annoying ads but all good. Don't sign up for anything those are just like ads

I get that and understand Wanyamas game. I was trying to highlight how creative Dier is compared to Wanyama which is something we have been missing this season in that DM position (its not only defensive , distruct). Saying that, I thought overall things were better, there was a strong will to get forward, passes were played in front of players rather than square or behind. Sissoko made some great runs through the middle and if he could finish, would be a very good player. A lot to build on and hopefully Lamela gets back soon, i feel we miss him.
The comparison is the thing I was drawing attention to, Dier has played DM once this season and Wanyama hasn't played CB. If Wanyama was playing CB I think you would have seen him play (attempt to play) the same balls as the other 3 CB's as it was a key part of our plan. (Play out from the back but only when we have drawn 3 or 4 oppo players towards the CB's) more so last night than in other games we have seen this season.

i hope with stick with 3412 it means Walker and Rose can be further forward and the width it gives us really helps. It also gives Eriksen more options with wingers to the side of him and when Kane and Son are up top two attackers to play into.

Not that I dislike 4231 but I don't feel the 3 behind Kane have the right balance for me. 3412 just suits what we have, wasn't our best game today but we weren't bad in spells.

I felt the opposite, at least for patches of the game. 3 centre backs and Wanyama is just one too few offensive players, we struggled for an out ball at times. It also leaves us with one less players pressing up the pitch.

I'd go 4132 next game with Dier and Winks centre mid, Wanyama's touch looked off today, every pass was a yard behind where he wanted it to be. We can't afford others being sloppy in possession with players like Sissoko and Son in the team who always seem to struggle to pass to a team mate - maybe why Winks always seems like a breath of fresh air at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom