Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good performance overall. Particular mention to the back four, Sissoko and Eriksen. I don't know if we needed that much beef in the midfield, but without our fullbacks we would have seriously lacked some creativity. Great to see Dawson back at WHL getting a good reception. Ever the professional, he didn't milk it but have one quick clap in recognition. We were a bit sloppy at times and I still don't see the complete, professional winning mentality in our team yet. But perhaps the opposition dictated some if that. They were fucking shit. Good kebab and beer beforehand. Fuck Wembley.

Alderweireld was superb . Having him back, Its like, when you were young children playing football and your friend s older brother turns up and plays on your team, you just know your going to win.

Diers pass for the second goal was more constructive than any pass Wanyama has made all season.

Decent win but surely I can't be the only one who thought we were far from convincing?
Although we played some decent stuff and deserved the win, we were not very good in attack, very predictable with the square side to side stuff because lack of taking too long/ nomovement in behind.The times we did make runs from deep/midfield we got in behind we scored, should have got a free kick and really should have scored.
We also gave the ball away far too many times gifting them opportunities.We don't seem to have learned from the many times we have lost it fucking about with it, or with the sloppy passing. They also carved out a couple of really decent ones for themselves. Better opponents may have made us pay.
Not trying to be buzz killington just objective.
Winks changed us a bit.
Sissoko had a decent game.
Hugo saved us a couple of times
Eriksen was much better
But it's nearly half way through the season and we can do much better. I hope we click into gear soon.
It has to be a positive that, we'd all probably admit, that we haven't been at our best but are still in an and about.

If I'd put a grand on every bet I'd made, I'd probably have a credit file like the UK Deficit, unfortunately.

I do it for fun, which is just as well, as I'm shit at it. That's why I bet on teams to win that I don't want to win - fate would rather screw woolwich out of 3 points than see me win a quid.

Heh I never bet, find it too stressful.

Always think "My word why did I not put everything I have on Brexit/Trump winning/us losing 5:1 to Newcastle? It was so clear it was going to happen and I'd be rich now. Rich, I tells you!" though.

Alderweireld was superb . Having him back, Its like, when you were young children playing football and your friend s older brother turns up and plays on your team, you just know your going to win.

Diers pass for the second goal was more constructive than any pass Wanyam has made all season.

Vertonghens pass for the opener was pretty damn nice too. Nice to see our two spare centre halves finding our wing backs like that and then both getting assists. It's a crucial part of our game.

Good result, job done. Eriksen was great tonight, more of the same please. Other positives for me was Wanyama, won nearly every contestable ball tonight, I can see why Poch has him in for each match and our full backs were on top form.

Something that really stood out tonight was the amount of times Danny Rose was fouled......seems to be a recurring theme and I am not saying he needs more protection from the ref but it gets on my nerves, fair play to Danny as he just gets on with it.

Like others I don't understand how Onamah is developing by getting the odd cameo appearance and I really don't see what he brings, he could benefit with games at a championship club which would allow us to see more of nkoudou

Decent win but surely I can't be the only one who thought we were far from convincing?
Although we played some decent stuff and deserved the win, we were not very good in attack, very predictable with the square side to side stuff because lack of taking too long/ nomovement in behind.The times we did make runs from deep/midfield we got in behind we scored, should have got a free kick and really should have scored.
We also gave the ball away far too many times gifting them opportunities.We don't seem to have learned from the many times we have lost it fucking about with it, or with the sloppy passing. They also carved out a couple of really decent ones for themselves. Better opponents may have made us pay.
Not trying to be buzz killington just objective.
Winks changed us a bit.
Sissoko had a decent game.
Hugo saved us a couple of times
Eriksen was much better
But it's nearly half way through the season and we can do much better. I hope we click into gear soon.
It has to be a positive that, we'd all probably admit, that we haven't been at our best but are still in an and about.

Granted, but an unconvincing 3-0 win isn't bad when you think about it.

Apart from the City game I don't think we've fully clicked all season, if and when we do I feel sorry for the opposition.

i hope with stick with 3412 it means Walker and Rose can be further forward and the width it gives us really helps. It also gives Eriksen more options with wingers to the side of him and when Kane and Son are up top two attackers to play into.

Not that I dislike 4231 but I don't feel the 3 behind Kane have the right balance for me. 3412 just suits what we have, wasn't our best game today but we weren't bad in spells.

Hey Oracle Oracle I only just saw now the save from Courtois on the last minute... you totally jinxed it.

And Ighalo failed massively 2 minutes before the 2-0 from Shity.. fuck.

Yeah ok, I haven't seen it myself but if it helps you sleep better tonight I'll accept the blame!

I go to a few Watford games and know a lot of their fans, they were offered £26,000,000 for him from China last Jan when in form and they accepted.

He said no and since then has done a grand total of fuck all. If you're a Pozzo I bet you'd be distraught.

I can report with surprise, shock and awe, that I have actually won a bet for once...

709ee6d1-b263-4d4d-ad18-97346c11653b
N2YqLlW.png
Lucky, I won 7p on a 5 of 9 Acca tonight. Chuffed.

Back
Top Bottom