Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Huddlestone, Livermore, Dawson, Mason.... how far we have come and how ungrateful some you moany fuckers are
Huddlestone and Dawson at their best were excellent players, the other two were always second string.
and your post completely ignores the fact that we currently have Sissoko, N'Koudou, Carroll, Davies, and Onomah in the first team squad. Hardly a major step up in the gene pool

Decent win but surely I can't be the only one who thought we were far from convincing?
Although we played some decent stuff and deserved the win, we were not very good in attack, very predictable with the square side to side stuff because lack of taking too long/ nomovement in behind.The times we did make runs from deep/midfield we got in behind we scored, should have got a free kick and really should have scored.
We also gave the ball away far too many times gifting them opportunities.We don't seem to have learned from the many times we have lost it fucking about with it, or with the sloppy passing. They also carved out a couple of really decent ones for themselves. Better opponents may have made us pay.
Not trying to be buzz killington just objective.
Winks changed us a bit.
Sissoko had a decent game.
Hugo saved us a couple of times
Eriksen was much better
But it's nearly half way through the season and we can do much better. I hope we click into gear soon.
It has to be a positive that, we'd all probably admit, that we haven't been at our best but are still in an and about.

Not sure what people want really......I thought we were excellent. Its a 3-0 win (and a 5-0 v Swansea) and despite those teams being crap, our usual procedure is to go out and drop points in these games.

We have slaughtered both, and our defence, while there have been lapses, have stood firm and kept clean sheets. Some better teams have made us pay......that much is obvious no?
We have taken the points we should be taking recently (9 from West Ham, Swansea and Hull) scoring 11 and conceding 2.

We are still adjusting. Yesterday was an all round excellent performance and a convincing win....any team can nit pick any performance, but we are not Ajax in the early 70s.
There will always be moments where the oppo get at us, and there will always be wasted chances.

When we score 3 tho, and dont concede, I dont see the point in complaining about how in some other game we might have been made to pay.

Heh I never bet, find it too stressful.

Always think "My word why did I not put everything I have on Brexit/Trump winning/us losing 5:1 to Newcastle? It was so clear it was going to happen and I'd be rich now. Rich, I tells you!" though.

It's really not stressful at all to put £10 on a Woolwich win and expect you're never going to see that £10 again
:levylol:

Just what the Doctor ordered after our no show at Old Trafford..

Was not as easy a ride as Swansea because Hull looked quite threatening at 1-0. I was praying for us to get that 2nd goal, it felt like an equaliser was possible.
We have easily the best 2 fullbacks in the league, they were absolutely excellent again last night.
It's so good to see Eriksen back on his game.

Shame other results didn't go in our favour a bit more but as long as we win Sunday one or two will be dropping points.
The big losers from this weeks matches were Woolwich, which is one big crying shame..

"Your problems with Dier and Hugo... go fuck yourself".

I think you are misreading my specific point about a few occasions to suggest I am digging out both players overall. NOT the case at all. Their were three occasions that they collectively chipped the ball to each other nearly causing a goal, that's what was the concern. Especially after United. They were overplaying it. Both played well. But after Man U they should have cut that shit out a bit. That's alll. Surprised you did not see it if you were at the game. If not perhaps MOTD did not show the occurances.

"......Winks is the next best but Dier has barely played and Poch may think his hands are tied... so go fuck yourself again"

Again I am not overly criticing Dier. He played well. We play better overall with him and he would always be a first pick. He's played lots of football this year ( despite the Times lazy article claims) again it was the specific occasions which were the problem, not the overall performance. Which was good actually.

"No striker on the bench, Vincent is injured go fuck yourself."

? Sorry what's that got to do with me ? - I don't buy the players, but Son is no striker and actually having more than 1/2 strikers at a whole club is actually allowed.

Lastly your point about the ref in unison with Tommy Hudd, I will personally call the FA tomorrow and question if his lack of pace is equal to throwing a game - although to be honest, I'd rather short sighted cunts like you disappear compared to the FA. Yeah, exactly.

Did you see the shove on Eriksen. Did you see the first half handball ? As for me poking fun at big Tom, so fucking what, think again you were unable to actually interpret the sentiment behind the remarks I made. I don't see any conspiracy or need to call the FA :leaveityeah:. That was not even suggested.

By stating i didnt think we would play 3 at the back and getting it wrong?
Anyway it seems poch thinks hes getting enough game time for the time being so i'll go with him over Mick Cooper from thefightingcock who claims he should be starting every game thanks.
I apologise for having an opinion. I hadn't realised that it was only you that were allowed them.
And no, I didn't think that you saying confidently that we wouldn't play a back 3 exposed your knowledge base. Pretty much all of your posts about players and tactics do that.

WBA challenging for Europa league:dawsonlol:

Unbenannt_1.png

Makes you wonder why they rolled over against the Chavs
:bmj:

I apologise for having an opinion. I hadn't realised that it was only you that were allowed them.
And no, I didn't think that you saying confidently that we wouldn't play a back 3 exposed your knowledge base. Pretty much all of your posts about players and tactics do that.
Your initial "hahhhaha you got it it wrong" reaction to me stating that Poch is handling Winks very well was childish enough but this takes the cake. Quit taking it so personally (i believe when a poster starts drifting away from the topic at hand and starts making it personal they are being too emotional btw). I simply disagreed with your statement that Winks should start every game and it seems others did too. Quit making it personal jeez.

Your initial "hahhhaha you got it it wrong" reaction to me stating that Poch is handling Winks very well was childish enough but this takes the cake. Quit taking it so personally (i believe when a poster starts drifting away from the topic at hand and starts making it personal they are being too emotional btw). I simply disagreed with your statement that Winks should start every game and it seems others did too. Quit making it personal jeez.
I'm not making anything personal, neither did I take childish glee in your incorrect assessment of Pochs tactics, I simply pointed out that your track record of second guessing the guy wasn't good. Neither am I putting myself up as an adviser to him, I know what he likes in his teams, and filling it with small stature people isn't one of them.
But I'm pretty sure that its ok for me to say that I would like to see Winks start games - because it's my belief that he is big enough, mature enough and skilful enough to do so, and advance the team play. It's my belief that his inclusion will lead to more opportunities being created.
Nothing you post makes me emotional, trust me - it just doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom