Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure what people want really......I thought we were excellent. Its a 3-0 win (and a 5-0 v Swansea) and despite those teams being crap, our usual procedure is to go out and drop points in these games.

We have slaughtered both, and our defence, while there have been lapses, have stood firm and kept clean sheets. Some better teams have made us pay......that much is obvious no?
We have taken the points we should be taking recently (9 from West Ham, Swansea and Hull) scoring 11 and conceding 2.

We are still adjusting. Yesterday was an all round excellent performance and a convincing win....any team can nit pick any performance, but we are not Ajax in the early 70s.
There will always be moments where the oppo get at us, and there will always be wasted chances.

When we score 3 tho, and dont concede, I dont see the point in complaining about how in some other game we might have been made to pay.
Ok. But the sloppy passing, fucking about with the ball and starting lackadaisical to halfs has to sorted. Mistakes have cost us at home to Leicester away to Chelsea and WBA and on Sunday off the top of my head. We were at it again last night, but it didn't cost us.

The comparison is the thing I was drawing attention to, Dier has played DM once this season and Wanyama hasn't played CB. If Wanyama was playing CB I think you would have seen him play (attempt to play) the same balls as the other 3 CB's as it was a key part of our plan. (Play out from the back but only when we have drawn 3 or 4 oppo players towards the CB's) more so last night than in other games we have seen this season.
You are right. Overall there was an emphasis to get the ball forward, moving it quicker from the Cbs and Wanyama at DM played his part. Im a fan of Dier and feel he was so important for us last season-having lost him at DM, as a team we have lost that creative spark which we saw a little last night, from him at CB.

Sorry Mr Lee. But IMHO that was no handball (only seen the replay once or twice though). Even though his arm may have moved 2cm closer to the ball its still not hand-to-ball, there was no time to react. At the super slow-mo speed that the replays are shown everything looks bad.
Eg. makes Dembele look like he's trying to rip out Costa's eye when all he was doing was flicking a fly off his cheek.

Happy to be corrected mate. I only saw it once, in real time and had Spurs glasses on. Thanks for the honest opinion.

Alderweireld was superb . Having him back, Its like, when you were young children playing football and your friend s older brother turns up and plays on your team, you just know your going to win.

Diers pass for the second goal was more constructive than any pass Wanyama has made all season.
They had a dangerous break in the first half ... at least it could have been dangerous. Toby just moved the guy out to the touchline, no fuss no bother, problem solved.

Well- very good result!
Formation seemed a bit defensive, but, we found great offense from our defense. Both Jan and Eric with pseudo-assists is amazing- just shows how good our defensive spine is. Between Toby and them both, we have CBs with fantastic offensive skills. Jan nearly had his own with his excellent run forward.

Sissoko seemed to do well also- on the right side of a midfield 3- as some of us on here had been saying! Very glad to see him start a game in which we ended up winning- can only be good for him.

Hull are very poor though and I have no idea how they can beat relegation this season. As with Swansea, we should probably not read too much into the result. Still, we needed 3 points and took all 3 points, so credit to the team.

I feel like the 5-3-1-1 / 3-4-3 is working really well for us right now. With this particular squad of players, it might be a better 1st choice tactic than the 4-2-3-1 we are used to seeing from last season. I'm interested to see how Poch handles it going forward.

Good performance & effort.
I am liking poch being more experimental with his tactics & formations. He is still young, learning & improving.

Love lloris, the belgian CBs & english FBs.
Such a good back 5 to have.
Give lloris a pay rise & sign him up for much longer! Another crucial save for him.

Sissoko put in a good shift & winks looks very promising (tom who?).

That's the eriksen we know & love.
Players like him will have quiet periods unfortunately. Ozil has been poor for about 10 games. But usually they find their form again.
So we need to keep the faith in players like eriksen. We haven't got any one better anyway!

Also remember he plays for a defensive team. So it is a lot harder for him than an ozil at Woolwich or coutinho at liverpool.
He is expected to do (& does) a lot more defensive work than either of those 2.

Back
Top Bottom