Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What is this myth that Dier hasnt played by the way? Commentator was doing my nut in last night....he must have read the tabloids about how "unhappy" Dier is with "lack of game time"......kept banging on about how Wanyama has taken his place etc

Dier has played 14 PL games out of the 16. He's been at CB, not on the bench. He was filling in for Toby.....how can they let people talk so much shit during a game??

Thoroughly enjoyed the game last night, the full backs were amazing and I though Kane and Eriksen look to be getting back to prime level.
The only thing I'd like to raise is the appalling performance by Son, I don't think I've seen such a rubbish display by a subbed on player.It was a great opportunity for him to inflict more pain on the despondent defenders of hull, instead he gave the ball back to them at every opportunity. What a bell end.

Just finished watching the game...(from Ozzieland and because I'm a big nerd I had to watch Star Wars at midnight AEST time)
Which means 4 hours max sleep before kickoff and then work all day

Disclaimer: I could be drunk, #rant-start
Only read the last 4 pages... Seriously I was expecting to come on here to find a happy place. Some people find way too many reason to complain these days. I know it was probably naive of me to think there could be a happy forum, but we just won 3-0.
Not a loss, not a draw, not a 3-2 win. But a 3-0.
Maybe as I'm from a non football nation I just don't get it; but to me a 1-0 is a win, a 2-0 is a decent/good win, 3-0 is good/great. And then more the merrier.

As a whole I think we played well. I only shat myself twice (but it wasn't even that bad that I was forced to change underwear).
We had almost 30 shots, with a third on target. Even though too many were from outside the box it was still entertaining.

Rose & Walker were beautiful today; probably a result of the 3 center backs + Wanyama holding.
Eriksen scored two goals (almost 3) but even without them he looked great on the ball.
Tobi (and Vertonghen) was a perfect studded rubber protecting the goal.
And Lloris was the perfect morning after pill just in case.
Sissoko was good enough and Alli not bad.

As for the subs Winks was good.
Son wasn't great. After his first strike (when he was in the right to take the shot on) Walker yelled at him to pass, and from then on it seems that he was always trying to play him in. However most people that say he's useless seem to forget how many points we have won as a direct result of him
They use what if someone else was there we could have won more. Which really is just fantastical hindsight.

#rant-over (out of beer)

#extra-time(penalty talk)
Did you see the first half handball ?
Sorry Mr Lee. But IMHO that was no handball (only seen the replay once or twice though). Even though his arm may have moved 2cm closer to the ball its still not hand-to-ball, there was no time to react. At the super slow-mo speed that the replays are shown everything looks bad.
Eg. makes Dembele look like he's trying to rip out Costa's eye when all he was doing was flicking a fly off his cheek.

bout the "deadest team" *kisses teeth....

The pengest pass:

PortlyIdleDavidstiger.gif

What is this myth that Dier hasnt played by the way? Commentator was doing my nut in last night....he must have read the tabloids about how "unhappy" Dier is with "lack of game time"......kept banging on about how Wanyama has taken his place etc

Dier has played 14 PL games out of the 16. He's been at CB, not on the bench. He was filling in for Toby.....how can they let people talk so much shit during a game??

I'm sure Dier said earlier in the season that he's happy to play any position he's selected in as well.

In one way, Dier's versatility could be his undoing. If he's played wherever there's a gap to fill, he could become a perennial jack of all trades. His position is in the midfield where he was showing signs of becoming a master. I'm sure Poch has this all in hand, but I'd hate to think he misses out on his true potential by being played all over the place. As a DM I think he could easily become one of the very best around. I'd like to see him starting in his best position more often. As good as Victor has been, I still rate Dier more highly in that role. Absolutely love him as a player & his sense of humour is brilliant.

Dier is our future skipper anyone can see that!

I'm sure Dier said earlier in the season that he's happy to play any position he's selected in as well.

No, no apparently he's off to Chelsea now because he hasnt played the entire season..
and it must be true because its from the same papers that said Wimmer was leaving......due to the fact Dier was playing for Toby
:pochlol:

Walker as well. Could have sworn it was Toby. Doubt he'll complete a pass like that again in his lifetime.
At one point, Walker stormed down the wing & whipped in an absolute beauty of a cross. It was vicious & in a very dangerous area...nobody got to it & it harmlessly went out the opposite side for a throw in...but was so unlucky because it had everything you could expect-apart from a head on the end of it.

after trying to break half of them in half last season, i somehow don't think going to chelsea is anywhere near on top of diers list. he's better off waiting and finishing off the job when they visit the lane in the new year

Back
Top Bottom