Leicester (H) 29-Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The original quote was only we struggle against teams that park the bus and I'm saying that all the teams above us have stumbled on games where the other team defend with everyone behind the ball.

True, Leicester took this to the next level though, breaking up the play with there dirty tactics, it was frustrating to watch, so must have been even more frustrating to play against.
I'm confident this is our slump, and we can end it with a win against Woolich, most teams have a slump during the season and get beat a few times, so for us to just draw could be seen as a positive come may....
:avbpray:

Just try to remember they stopped Woolwich winning the title. Hope that helps a bit!
That's actually a really great point. I don't really get this Leicester hate. What they achieved was incredible. It's obvious a few of their fans are gonna get mouthy and above themselves. Who can blame them. Think I'd rather reserve my hatred for the likes of Woolwich, Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester Utd etc....Not clubs like Little Leicester City.

The way they celebrated that draw yesterday, I thought they'd won it again.

Reminded me of Chelski last season, when getting a draw against us was like them winning the CL or something. The thing is Leicester season will be over come come the knock out rounds of the CL, but guess they will have there cup final again when we play them away, lets just hope we absolutely smash them, that way we can take there clappy things and shove me where the sun don't shine!
:dembelefingers:

Because we got more points than u lot. SIMPLE MATHS

And you also stopped Woolich from winning it, for that my friend I am eternally grateful, please take a bowl, I promise I will never eat any other crisps now except for walkers to show my gratitude to you. Thank you, I mean it seriously as to have a club with no history and no rilvary win doesn't bother me, but to have Woolich win the league?
:adewtf:
No I just can't even think about that....
So I mean it, thanks!
:dierpochhug:
Now do us all a favour and shut the door on the way out!
:dembelefingers:

Funny thing is, people bang on about how much they hate Leicester, then ridicule the idea of them being rivals. Surely the two go hand in hand. Hating them so much makes them rivals by definition. As it happens, I don't hate them, and I don't count them as rivals

Funny thing is, people bang on about how much they hate Leicester, then ridicule the idea of them being rivals. Surely the two go hand in hand. Hating them so much makes them rivals by definition. As it happens, I don't hate them, and I don't count them as rivals

I dislike them coming on here to crow after a draw. It's so desperate.

After our penalty was awarded seeing Huth protest that his manhandling of Jansen was merely a light touch in the shoulder !
Since Rugby Union rules have left Leicester & Stoke with one arm tied behind their backs, we now see them become ordinary again .

I think tractors have roofs on them these days. I don't want to say anymore in case I am suspected of being an expert.

Yeah but we are talking about Leicester, who are about 60 years behind the rest of the world...
Tractor-in-snow-rain.jpg

For me Eriksen has Italian football written all over him - very technical, slower tempo, lower expectations, less worldwide exposure - he can merge into mediocrity amongst his fellow technical players and never have to take responsibility for dragging his team to victory.

He'll love it and he'll be there in a season or two
This is what I have been trying to tell the Eriksen fan boys here.
He is quite simply NOT SUITED to the EPL. But their ignorance is firmly entrenched.

I hate LC more than ever. How did they ever win the PL?
Surely we are glad they won the league rather then man city/it's or Chelsea who would just buy the title or scum for obvious reasons.

Why hate them? Game was ours for the taking and we didn't so it's our own fault. That's the way they play and we knew that just as we did against wba and Bournemouth. So why don't we practice a way around this in training. Maybe we are but just not bringing it to match days.

Surely we are glad they won the league rather then man city/it's or Chelsea who would just buy the title or scum for obvious reasons.

Why hate them? Game was ours for the taking and we didn't so it's our own fault. That's the way they play and we knew that just as we did against wba and Bournemouth. So why don't we practice a way around this in training. Maybe we are but just not bringing it to match days.

Fair enough, but he's wondering how their brand of football was good enough to win it.

Just try to remember they stopped Woolwich winning the title. Hope that helps a bit!
Disagree. Our players were on the beach the last two games of the season. I'm sure if we had needed a point against a relegated Newcastle side to win the league, even with the scum's curse over us, our players would have mustered the energy for it. They clearly could not be arsed in that game, and barely against Southampton either.

This is what I have been trying to tell the Eriksen fan boys here.
He is quite simply NOT SUITED to the EPL. But their ignorance is firmly entrenched.

Our build up play is slow as well so surely he suits us. His issue is a lack of consistency. He either had an amazing game or a really bad one. Never anything in between and for as long as I can remember it is the latter.

Joe Clash Joe Clash ..it seems like you are are a bit of a celebrity..

Joe Clash proper lost it on their match thread last night
default_laugh.png

Mind you, there was at least four Leicester posters on there winding him up and talking shite. If we had four Spurs WUM's high jacking this thread we'd probably say they were obsessed with us too.

Disagree. Our players were on the beach the last two games of the season. I'm sure if we had needed a point against a relegated Newcastle side to win the league, even with the scum's curse over us, our players would have mustered the energy for it. They clearly could not be arsed in that game, and barely against Southampton either.
They couldn't muster the energy to finish above our huge rivals? I still hope that wasn't the case, otherwise we'd be as well giving up. Anyone who doesn't understand the need to beat them in any way needs to fuck off asap.

Joe Clash Joe Clash ..it seems like our are a bit of a celebrity..

Joe Clash proper lost it on their match thread last night
default_laugh.png

Mind you, there was at least four Leicester posters on there winding him up and talking shite. If we had four Spurs WUM's high jacking this thread

Ha ha, I didn't come close to losing it. I was going for laffs (mainly).

These people are creepily obsessed.

They couldn't muster the energy to finish above our huge rivals? I still hope that wasn't the case, otherwise we'd be as well giving up. Anyone who doesn't understand the need to beat them in any way needs to fuck off asap.
The players didn't give a shit after Chelsea. It was a disgrace, and completely unprofessional.

Back
Top Bottom