Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No, you've gone around pressing "disagree" on posts with, it seems, no actual reason

Is it really so hard to accept that someone might actually disagree with your opinions? That is what the disagree button is for, is it not? That is also the reason why I use that button, because I disagree with a post... when I disagreed with you on the previous page there were 3 others who shared that opinion. Maybe it's not just my fault then? Maybe not everyone on here automatically agrees with what you post?

(seemingly because you can't seem to accept the reality that we've loaned out a young lad who has yet to show consistency or live up to hype)

I can accept it well enough, Bentaleb has been gone from this club since last year as far as I'm concerned, we haven't used him for a while. Doesn't mean that makes him worse than Siggy, who btw has been gone from the club as well.

It gives the impression that you can't accept other opinions, as they're not strong statements.

I'm not going to respond extensively to posts all the time, which is why I use that button. When people then ask me to elaborate my view, I'm happy to do that, but when you then just ignore/avoid the answer I give you, what's the point?

Fact is, you said "Siggy never really showed much for us" and constructed the comparison to Bentaleb. Sigurdsson won points for us with his goals, so it's a ridiculous thing to say.

His goals... 13 goals in all competitions in two years time... sorry that wasn't good enough, nowhere near.

He never played at his potential, but you've got a short memory if you think he wasn't a good player (as you call him 'mediocre').

If he was such a good player for us why did he struggle so much with getting a starting spot? Why did he went back to a weaker team in Swansea after just two years? And don't just blame AVB like you originally did, because Siggy didn't particularly shine under Sherwood either. He was and is a good player for Swansea, came up short for us though.

Bentaleb may do well for Shalke, but I don't think we'll miss him as Wanyama/Dier are much better in that position.
Not sure, I think Bentaleb would've provided much more creativity going forward than the Dier-Wanyama pairing is currently doing.

With respect, what has that got to do with anything? I'm not arguing with you, I think you come over as a know it all. We don't win things. There's literally nothing you can say to counter that. I really couldn't give a fuck whether you ignore me or not.

I didn't say you were arguing, you pick away. I get several alerts where you quote and it's something that seems like you're trying to get a reaction i.e. "Are you never wrong", "I think you come across as a know it all". It's not something new, and I usually ignore it, I just am curious as to whether there's a purpose behind it.

I come on here to share opinion and discuss all sorts of pointless bollocks related to the club - having an opinion doesn't make me a know-it-all, and questioning odd opinions doesn't either - so I'm interest to see why you're going for the personal attack on this - just because I'm not into slagging off the way the club is run?

I could counter "We don't win things" by pointing out we're like the 5th most decorated club in English Football?

Yeah, Nkoudou is "U21" for this season. Our current 'recognised' (but not registed yet) PL squad is here, which has 26 players listed:
Tottenham Hotspur Squad Information | Premier League
Thats not correct it lists u21's and Mason ( if he goes).
We have 19 senior players and all the rest ( including Nkoudou) will be u21. We don't have to name the U21's in the squad..
So, we have 6 HG, if I am correct.
That means we can have 4 more players (non English, non HG & over 21) in our squad of 23. ( unless we bring in another over 21 HG player)
I was just wondering if 19 is our squad number are 6 of them HG all the rest U21's. ( 7 if Mason stays)
Because if we make one more signing in Nkoudou we will have a named squad list of 19.

Leicester managed to win things....and Wigan, who beat a team who very much pay the money in a final. Both Swansea and Birmingham have won the League Cup since we last did.

There's loads of examples that disprove the 'money = success' paradigm.
Leicester winning the league is a very rare thing.
Your nuts if you think they or a similar team will win it this season or regularly.

The truth is the rich clubs easily end up winning the most things.
We don't spend enough to win titles.

It's the Barca model, catalonian, and inbred from his time there (Espanyol). It keeps the clubs identity.
Supplement your HG players with decent buys.

I agree, it's the way Poch has always worked and it is his 'style'. It's not a bad thing at all, to build a squad and then compliment it with quality in small amounts to perfect the team 'ingredients'. I'm just not sure why the fan base can't get on board with it. I'd hate to buy loads of players every 2 years to try and constantly buy success, as it's blatantly a short term fix as per City and Chelsea's yo-yo seasons.

If we can keep the core of the team, the manager and coaching staff, we'll hopefully build up to being a worse case top 4 team soon, whilst having a pop at some honours.

Ok. I thought your examples were terrible. And they only watered down your point IMO. I get it CJJ, you won't hear a bad word about Spurs, we are doing all the right things without actually winning anything. That's fine mate.
I was just about to reply to him that it would be quicker & easier if he just posted "Spurs can do no wrong" to any post criticising our club.
Hard to debate with someone who is so single minded.

Is it really so hard to accept that someone might actually disagree with your opinions? That is what the disagree button is for, is it not? That is also the reason why I use that button, because I disagree with a post... when I disagreed with you on the previous page there were 3 others who shared that opinion. Maybe it's not just my fault then? Maybe not everyone on here automatically agrees with what you post?

Not at all, but you've come across as "anything that's not my opinion is wrong" kind of thing. I apologise if you have taken anything personally, but as you'll see on here, the disagree button tends to be used as an antagonistic tool. I don't use it, if rarely, as it doesn't really achieve anything.

I'm sure we all come on here to see a range of opinions, and it's best we agree to disagree on whatever it is that you disagree with. I don't particularly want you to think there's anything personal, as all I wanted to point out is that it's unfair to devalue the great moments Gylfi provided us with during that period of crap.

Not at all, but you've come across as "anything that's not my opinion is wrong" kind of thing. I apologise if you have taken anything personally, but as you'll see on here, the disagree button tends to be used as an antagonistic tool. I don't use it, if rarely, as it doesn't really achieve anything.

I'm sure we all come on here to see a range of opinions, and it's best we agree to disagree on whatever it is that you disagree with. I don't particularly want you to think there's anything personal, as all I wanted to point out is that it's unfair to devalue the great moments Gylfi provided us with during that period of crap.
Fair enough.

I was just about to reply to him that it would be quicker & easier if he just posted "Spurs can do no wrong" to any post criticising our club.
Hard to debate with someone who is so single minded.

It's what I perceive as the difference between being a supporter and a fan.

As long as there's logic behind what we're doing, I'll support the way the club is run. It'd be different if we were being run like Blackpool, Blackburn, or even West Ham. I'm just thankful that we're not one of them.

I wouldn't say that the pessimistic view is superior, so it's not really fair to take such a strong judgemental view about the affection I have for the club. I'm happy we're not scraping around mid table any more, and I'm happy we're looking to be actually performing near the hallowed Redknapp era again.

Both would get better financial offers from better regular CL Teams.
We can't really compete unless we push the boat out financially.
That is obviously is not the sort of thing levy would do.

Interested to hear peoples opinions of these players being linked with moves to other premiership rivals.
& if they would be worth us going for?

Pulisic, Coric & Brozovic

I'd be completely on board with Pulisic. Patriotism aside, you don't get playing time with this Dortmund team at the age of 17 unless you have some potential at least. As long as the price isn't too crazy (lower than 15 imo), I think it would be worth a shot.

Do you always need someone to argue with
Mate, you did. I'm not trying to get a reaction, I'm saying that you consider yourself to be above lowly judgement. I get it, you're a bit of a control freak. You have never admitted when you have been wrong in all the time I've been on here. I like your stuff, some of it makes me laugh, but you do come over as a self righteous prig at times. We don't win things under ENIC - I don't care how far we've come, we don't win things. Apart from that, everything is fine. Why do you have to argue every tiny point into the ground? I think you have a bloody cheek suggesting that I'm the serial arguer. Do you not realise when you counter a point that you're arguing?

Back
Top Bottom