Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rumours mean nada and looking at our first 3 games I think it is clear what we need.

I say a 3rd striker and an experienced one who would not expect to play too much. Kane looks a bit jaded and Janssen will need time. Neither comcern me but a 3rd would be ideal.

We need an Eriksen option and as long as N'Koudou provides some pace and quality of crossing then that should be enough.

But 3 games in we are doing okay.

Lol, lol. I gave you an extensive response two times as to why you were talking complete sh!t on the Bentaleb thing. The first time you were not even responding to my answer but tried to shift the blame, the second time you didn't even comment on that. Which is actually worse than a disagree rating since that at least shows I disagree. Why should I be bothered to explain myself now if all you can do is make it personal and not acrually look at the content.

No, you've gone around pressing "disagree" on posts with, it seems, no actual reason (seemingly because you can't seem to accept the reality that we've loaned out a young lad who has yet to show consistency or live up to hype). It gives the impression that you can't accept other opinions, as they're not strong statements.

Fact is, you said "Siggy never really showed much for us" and constructed the comparison to Bentaleb. Sigurdsson won points for us with his goals, so it's a ridiculous thing to say. He never played at his potential, but you've got a short memory if you think he wasn't a good player (as you call him 'mediocre').

Bentaleb may do well for Shalke, but I don't think we'll miss him as Wanyama/Dier are much better in that position.

No, you said "We don't win things because we don't pay the money. ".

That's not the reason why we don't win things, as per the fact that smaller teams who pay their players even less win things.

The reason why we haven't won anything, aside from luck, is just down to the mentality of the players. We've been in 2 league cup finals, 2 FA Cup Semi-Finals, a CL Quarter Final and two EL QF's... all in the last 7 years. The problem is, during that time, we've been infested by players who only want to pick up a pay cheque, and don't have the do-or-die mentality we needed, bar a few (like King, Parker, Bale and Friedel etc.). They don't get to the finals and have a drive to win things, which is why players like Adebayor will have an empty cabinet in their spare room.

We're actually in a good place right now, as Kane and Dier keep saying, in terms of team togetherness - that's what made Fergie so successful, not signing 5 players every window who only come for £££ .
Are you never wrong about anything? Whatever you think, we don't win things. What's Ferguson got to do with it? I don't mind, I love Spurs, but we don't win things.

Be funny if all these rumours are down to a typo.

I can imagine the text from an insider -
"Transfers happening: NKoudou is coming, Son to Hamburg"...

One misplaced space turns it into...

"Transfers happening: Nkoudou Isco, Ming Son to Hamburg"

:kanewtf:

Are you never wrong about anything? Whatever you think, we don't win things. What's Ferguson got to do with it? I don't mind, I love Spurs, but we don't win things.

Yes. Do you always need someone to argue with, it's something I've noticed you do? I think you contribute a lot to the forum when you're not being passive aggressive, so I don't want to ignore your posts.

Ferguson, you'll recall, has had some sort of mentoring relationship with Pochettino, and it wouldn't surprise me if he's passed on some wisdom. United's success in the 90s was strongly related to the group of young players and a tight-knit squad. It's no coincidence, imo, that we're following that same model.

What if these players weren't financially motivated?

What if they were more keen on working in a team that gets along like family, for a manager that can improve them, in a team that aims to play attractive attacking football, word class facilities that can offer them state of the art training and physio, that allows them to live in London, play first team football in the CL... (you get the picture)
Then they would be crap at football.

I am trying to work out the squad.
Is Nkoudou u21 if o have we only got 19 senior players?

Rose, Walker, Kane, tripper, Carroll & Davies - HG have I missed anyone?
So we can have a maximum of 23 if we only have 6.

The worlds 10 most valuable clubs + PSG
Barca, Real, Man United (Non CL), Bayen Munich, Woolwich, Man City, Chelsea (Non CL), Liverpool (Non CL), Juventus, Tottenham Hotspur.

Bayern and Barca wouldn't want them - PSG probably would although they're blessed with some brilliant players in attacking midfield, Di Maria, Lucas Moura.

That just leaves the other Premier League clubs and Juve. City and Woolwich maybe, De Bruyne, Sterling..... they could probably do with one. Woolwich don't need any more attacking midfields, considering Wenger seems reluctant to purchase players he needs, let alone players he doesn't.

Juve don't play with attacking midfielders the way the other clubs on the list do, they've already bought in Pjanic, having also spunked the Pogba money on Higuain.

Obviously I'm not saying we'll get either of them, I would however point out that we have a better chance then you would perhaps expect.
Still don't think levy would stump up what's needed.
Hope you are right & we have a decent shot.

Yes. Do you always need someone to argue with, it's something I've noticed you do? I think you contribute a lot to the forum when you're not being passive aggressive, so I don't want to ignore your posts.

Ferguson, you'll recall, has had some sort of mentoring relationship with Pochettino, and it wouldn't surprise me if he's passed on some wisdom. United's success in the 90s was strongly related to the group of young players and a tight-knit squad. It's no coincidence, imo, that we're following that same model.
It's the Barca model, catalonian, and inbred from his time there (Espanyol). It keeps the clubs identity.
Supplement your HG players with decent buys.

With respect, what has that got to do with anything? I'm not arguing with you, I think you come over as a know it all. We don't win things. There's literally nothing you can say to counter that. I really couldn't give a fuck whether you ignore me or not. I hate arguing.

Back
Top Bottom