Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

By the way I know in my head Isco won't happen but it would be even better than VDV. At Malaga he was insane, even done well in his apperences with RM, only that they have Bale, Ronado, Kroos, Modric, James etc keeping him from regular game time.

Ability wise similar to David Silva or KDB. He's the type of player we don't have, links well, great in tight spaces, plays between the lines, basically a David Silva younger copy in many ways. Most likely someone bigger will jump in and get him but it would be a huge coup. Up there with Mkytarian at United or Sanchez at Woolwich.

Really it just depends who you get/buy. I like our first 11, I like some of the kids coming through, Winks and Edwards in particular, I like us getting rid of players like Chadli, Mason who are not good enough for a CL team, I just feel we need 2-3 more quality players who can get into or push the first 11. If we can get these players for nothing, great, if they cost 20 million we need to bite the bullet.

Isco for example is an amazing player and it's one or two signings like that going along with what we already have that could make the difference between top 4/winning a cup or 6th and no cup success.

Well yes, we need to get the right players to compliment those we have.

I agree that we get the players we need, for the cost we need to. But if all they care about is wages, they're not going to be the right players for the team.

This isn't about whether we can afford Isco, but it seems like a bunch of people are acting like we don't win things because we don't pay our currently players enough. WTF....

Well yes, we need to get the right players to compliment those we have.

I agree that we get the players we need, for the cost we need to. But if all they care about is wages, they're not going to be the right players for the team.

This isn't about whether we can afford Isco, but it seems like a bunch of people are acting like we don't win things because we don't pay our currently players enough. WTF....

Depends on the player, Coric apparently turned down City because he thought City (correctly) wanted to just stock pile players so it's clear he cares about his development.

Other players demand huge sums of money and make that a priority. If it comes to transfer fees personally in today's market I feel it is better to pay an extra 5 million and get your top target then get a second rate player.

For us with the sales and also bringing through our kids we only have to concentrate on one or two quality first teamer signings so one or two players costing £20 million should not be beyond us.

When it comes down to it really it's about give Poch the team he actually wants.

Now we're in it, the same people say we can't afford top players. There's always an excuse.

Said no one...

However, if you start buying 1 player at £150k a week, it causes a knock on effect with Kane, wanting more, Lamela wanting more, Eriksen wanting parity, Hugo, Jan and Toby going "hey, we should be getting more" etc.

You can't do that under FFP rules; if your wages are over £60m per annum, the max you can increase this per season is £4m (~£77k per week).

We can afford to buy top players, but you have to either flog useless high earners or build slowly.

So, if Kane/Lamela were on £100k a week, and just those two players had parity with highest earner clauses/demands, and someone like Isco came in on £150k a week, you'd suddenly have an £8m per year increase in wages.

If you want to have an intelligent discussion about what any club can 'afford', and how this affects us, I'd be happy to engage. If you just want to be like Gascoigne8 and just click disagree on anything that doesn't sound like how you'd do it in a computer game, then there's no reason to even humour that kind of thing.

Depends on the player, Coric apparently turned down City because he thought City (correctly) wanted to just stock pile players so it's clear he cares about his development.

Other players demand huge sums of money and make that a priority. If it comes to transfer fees personally in today's market I feel it is better to pay an extra 5 million and get your top target then get a second rate player.

For us with the sales and also bringing through our kids we only have to concentrate on one or two quality first teamer signings so one or two players costing £20 million should not be beyond us.

When it comes down to it really it's about give Poch the team he actually wants.

I agree - and it's clear Poch doesn't want the kind of players who just want to come for money, he seems to want them to buy in to his philosophy.

There's so much contradiction though - people whinge about Zaha, guess what Eriksen gets paid, and moan about Bentaleb being shifted - all of which pay no thought to what the manager wants, what the player wants, and what their attitude is...?

We have to replace those that have gone lets hope Levy has a nice expensive surprise for us in the next couple of days!

Mason - Winks
Fazio - Carter-Vickers
Yedlin - Trippier/Walker-Peters
Chadli - Onomah
Carroll - Edwards
Nije - Nkoudou
Bentaleb - ?

Most have been replaced, hardly any where first teamers and it looks like the kids will be back up. It's more about buying players to challenge the first team players now.

Mason - Winks
Fazio - Carter-Vickers
Yedlin - Trippier/Walker-Peters
Chadli - Onomah
Carroll - Edwards
Nije - Nkoudou
Bentaleb - Wanyama

Most have been replaced, hardly any where first teamers and it looks like the kids will be back up. It's more about buying players to challenge the first team players now.

Just added in Wanyama. As suggested elsewhere, Fazio, Yedlin and Bentaleb weren't really involved at all last season, so any replacement for them is a positive.

If you want to have an intelligent discussion about what any club can 'afford', and how this affects us, I'd be happy to engage. If you just want to be like Gascoigne8 and just click disagree on anything that doesn't sound like how you'd do it in a computer game, then there's no reason to even humour that kind of thing.

Lol, lol. I gave you an extensive response two times as to why you were talking complete sh!t on the Bentaleb thing. The first time you were not even responding to my answer but tried to shift the blame, the second time you didn't even comment on that. Which is actually worse than a disagree rating since that at least shows I disagree. Why should I be bothered to explain myself now if all you can do is make it personal and not acrually look at the content.

Back
Top Bottom