Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's Iscos end product like?

Just watched a couple of YouTube vids and he looks like a bit of a show pony to me? Skilful, no question. But seems to want to dribble unnecessarily and ends up in worse situations than when he received the ball some of the time. Not sure he'd get away with that in the Prem.

That's just me, I'm not a big watcher of Spanish football so don't know much about him.
End product is all he knows

Seems we have little chance of any deals going through as lovable Levy spotted sleeping overnight outside Oxford Street BHS 75% take it or leave it last day closing down bonanza .
His mate "Sir Phill "greedy " 3 yacht tubby Green " fucked that one up so a good chance to get those cushions , smoothie maker , a nice set of coasters , cuddly toy which will keep the
little lady at home very happy . Get in her good books and maybe a little how's your father might
be on the cards , instead having to pay for a night at Weatherspoon's two for a tenner ruby Murray and pint meal deal , after a vindaloo she's anyones .
Fuck Pouch and any half decent players .

What a weird post :kanewtf:

What's Iscos end product like?

Just watched a couple of YouTube vids and he looks like a bit of a show pony to me? Skilful, no question. But seems to want to dribble unnecessarily and ends up in worse situations than when he received the ball some of the time. Not sure he'd get away with that in the Prem.

That's just me, I'm not a big watcher of Spanish football so don't know much about him.

Seen him mostly playing for Malaga, was very much like a David Silva type, very strong on the ball, great close control, brilliant short passing and link play.

A better ball player in my opinion than any of our current AM's, the type of player who can play and work tight spaces. In my view only Lamela of our AM's has this.

Although I have heard that at Real Madrid he was moaned at for being a little greedy but that has also been the criticism of Dembele over the years. Put it this way he came he would get in our first team IMO, not sure if Eriksen or Alli would make way though.

I've heard pretty strong rumours we are in for Jay Rodriquez.

If we end the window with bringing in N'Kouduo, Lopez and Rodriquez I'd be happy. Isco would be phenomenal but I can't see Levy paying a massive amount. A loan is a possibility, only time will tell.

If it's a loan with an option to buy then it would not break our spending, also even if we did buy looks like we have deals for Bentaleb and Chadli going the other way to balance.

Still don't think it will happen but Isco is a top top player, only at somewhere like Madrid would he not be a first choice player.
It would make sense considering the way we've structured our deals this season. Bentaleb loan with option to buy, Chadli on loan, we'd have the money next summer

If we end the window with bringing in N'Kouduo, Lopez and Rodriquez I'd be happy. Isco would be phenomenal but I can't see Levy paying a massive amount. A loan is a possibility, only time will tell.
I'd love Jay R but that is based on me wanting him when Poch first joined. Shame about the injury problems he's had and have no idea if he's still the same player. Would be worth the gamble tho.

Isco would be very exciting.

Seen him mostly playing for Malaga, was very much like a David Silva type, very strong on the ball, great close control, brilliant short passing and link play.

A better ball player in my opinion than any of our current AM's, the type of player who can play and work tight spaces. In my view only Lamela of our AM's has this.

Although I have heard that at Real Madrid he was moaned at for being a little greedy but that has also been the criticism of Dembele over the years. Put it this way he came he would get in our first team IMO, not sure if Eriksen or Alli would make way though.
I think Alli should be moved down to cm. He's wasted as an attacking midfielder, he doesn't have the attributes to play there

I mean, apparently West Ham wanted Rodriguez so we might as well go for a punt.

With the Bentaleb and the Fazio deals and the Mason one looking to happen we're already in the black yet have more than enough to invest in player assets. Even if we were able to get James and Isco on a loan it would bring a level of excitement superior to that of 2013.

Lloris

Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose

Dier - Dembele

James - Isco - Alli

Kane

Subs: Vorm, Wimmer, Davies, Wanyama, Eriksen, Lamela, Janssen.
No, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Both would get better financial offers from better regular CL Teams.
We can't really compete unless we push the boat out financially.
That is obviously is not the sort of thing levy would do.

Interested to hear peoples opinions of these players being linked with moves to other premiership rivals.
& if they would be worth us going for?

Pulisic, Coric & Brozovic

Interested to hear peoples opinions of these players being linked with moves to other premiership rivals.

What if these players weren't financially motivated?

What if they were more keen on working in a team that gets along like family, for a manager that can improve them, in a team that aims to play attractive attacking football, word class facilities that can offer them state of the art training and physio, that allows them to live in London, play first team football in the CL... (you get the picture)

I think Isco is a possibility. If he's looking at it and being realistic, he knows he gets in the team before dele just now, he'd probably be ahead of eriksen too. It would be a great signing for us

The worlds 10 most valuable clubs + PSG
Barca, Real, Man United (Non CL), Bayen Munich, Woolwich, Man City, Chelsea (Non CL), Liverpool (Non CL), Juventus, Tottenham Hotspur.

Bayern and Barca wouldn't want them - PSG probably would although they're blessed with some brilliant players in attacking midfield, Di Maria, Lucas Moura.

That just leaves the other Premier League clubs and Juve. City and Woolwich maybe, De Bruyne, Sterling..... they could probably do with one. Woolwich don't need any more attacking midfields, considering Wenger seems reluctant to purchase players he needs, let alone players he doesn't.

Juve don't play with attacking midfielders the way the other clubs on the list do, they've already bought in Pjanic, having also spunked the Pogba money on Higuain.

Obviously I'm not saying we'll get either of them, I would however point out that we have a better chance then you would perhaps expect.

Last edited:
What if these players weren't financially motivated?

What if they were more keen on working in a team that gets along like family, for a manager that can improve them, in a team that aims to play attractive attacking football, word class facilities that can offer them state of the art training and physio, that allows them to live in London, play first team football in the CL... (you get the picture)
Nearly everyone is financially motivated. If nobody was there would be no point to money. I get what you're saying, but most players wouldn't. It's a short career, and the vast majority are in it for the money - and while I don't like it, I don't blame them.

Nearly everyone is financially motivated. If nobody was there would be no point to money. I get what you're saying, but most players wouldn't. It's a short career, and the vast majority are in it for the money - and while I don't like it, I don't blame them.

If that were true, surely we'd have no players. After all, they could all earn more elsewhere...?

They are still financially motivated. Come on, don't be naive. We don't win things because we don't pay the money. It's pretty obvious.

Leicester managed to win things....and Wigan, who beat a team who very much pay the money in a final. Both Swansea and Birmingham have won the League Cup since we last did.

There's loads of examples that disprove the 'money = success' paradigm.

Back
Top Bottom