Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Basically it was a load of bollox thought up at the last minute to try and appease fans

Or AVB refused to entertain the idea of playing loaned RM players. Could be a number of reasons, but at the end of the day it was what it was.

Be decent if it got us Isco somehow though, due to some sort of mates-rates with Florentino and Danny boy

We can't ask Chadders, Mason, Carroll and Njie to fuck off without bringing anyone in.

This exodus looks like Poch overplaying his hand and forcing everyone out. Fucking stupid when he doesn't trust anyone on the bench besides Janssen to come on before 80 minutes.

If we play this wrong, this could well be a massive disaster.

the spaniard Van Der Vaart. but younger and not injury prone. Please happen
Like James is going to turn down the chance to earn 200k per week with Chelsea/PSG/Juventus so he can earn 80k per week (at most) with Spurs......

EDIT:
Isco. If only

We can't even tap up Zaha with any degree of success.

I wonder if Real would do the deal with Spurs due to the (phantom) special agreement ?
It's definitely possible
:roseunsure:

"Hey Isco, we know that you're the first choice backup for Kroos/Modric, you're getting plenty of playing time, your manager really likes you, and you'll probably be a starter for Real Madrid in a year or two, but how would you like to take a paycut to come play for Tottenham?"

Last edited:
I liked Sigurdsson a lot when he was here. Too bad he never got a chance to play under Poch, perhaps he would have fit in and be good competition for Eriksen when he was having an off day.

:chadliwtf:

Is it just me, or is the spectre of Berahino raising its head again at the end of another transfer window? Chadli goes to WBA on loan & we pick up Berahino on the cheap cos he's in the last year of his contract.

Has Levy written all over it :levyeyes:, & we know Poch is/was an admirer. :pochohshit:

• 200w_d.gif

Could you imagine if we actually signed Isco lol

You'd still get people complaining.

We tend to end every transfer window in the positive.

At the minute, we're still making a loss. No way we're going to recoup all the money it would cost - hence it isn't happening.

We can't ask Chadders, Mason, Carroll and Njie to fuck off without bringing anyone in.

This exodus looks like Poch overplaying his hand and forcing everyone out. Fucking stupid when he doesn't trust anyone on the bench besides Janssen to come on before 80 minutes.

If we play this wrong, this could well be a massive disaster.
Do you really think that would happen?

So desperate for the Isco rumour to be true. Exactly what we need but fear it's just one of those Transfer Window teases that sounds plausible enough to convince urself it could happen....then it doesn't.

We tend to end every transfer window in the positive.

At the minute, we're still making a loss. No way we're going to recoup all the money it would cost - hence it isn't happening.

Who knows. With Pritchard, Townsend and Yedlin's transfers, were about £8m in the spends at the mo. Mason should even that out, perhaps even put us in the black.

Then I guess it depends if Son goes. If he does....

If it's a loan with an option to buy then it would not break our spending, also even if we did buy looks like we have deals for Bentaleb and Chadli going the other way to balance.

Still don't think it will happen but Isco is a top top player, only at somewhere like Madrid would he not be a first choice player.

What's Iscos end product like?

Just watched a couple of YouTube vids and he looks like a bit of a show pony to me? Skilful, no question. But seems to want to dribble unnecessarily and ends up in worse situations than when he received the ball some of the time. Not sure he'd get away with that in the Prem.

That's just me, I'm not a big watcher of Spanish football so don't know much about him.

Seems we have little chance of any deals going through as lovable Levy spotted sleeping overnight outside Oxford Street BHS 75% take it or leave it last day closing down bonanza .
His mate "Sir Phill "greedy " 3 yacht tubby Green " fucked that one up so a good chance to get those cushions , smoothie maker , a nice set of coasters , cuddly toy which will keep the
little lady at home very happy . Get in her good books and maybe a little how's your father might
be on the cards , instead having to pay for a night at Weatherspoon's two for a tenner ruby Murray and pint meal deal , after a vindaloo she's anyones .
Fuck Poch and any half decent players .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom