Is it fixed ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know it makes me sound like a conspiracy theorist nut-job... but even 10 years on I still cannot shake the nagging doubt that something stank to high hell about Lasagne gate... (and not just the away team dressing room toilets!)

Even if it WAS norovirus... we had to have got it from somewhere!!

...and if it WAS, it takes up to 48 hours to get out of the system, so even a 24hr postponement would'nt have been of much use... whoever was responsible, would've KNOWN THAT!

I've been reading up, see?
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Norovirus/Pages/Introduction.aspx#transmission

Really hope we dont get lots of monday night sky games next season or else we could end up in a relegation battle.
Sky & the FA just want us relegated. its so unfair!
No way should we take any responsibility for our performances on a monday.

I know it makes me sound like a conspiracy theorist nut-job... but even 10 years on I still cannot shake the nagging doubt that something stank to high hell about Lasagne gate... (and not just the away team dressing room toilets!)

...and if it WAS, it takes up to 48 hours to get out of the system, so even a 24hr postponement would'nt have been of much use... whoever was responsible, would've KNOWN THAT!

I reckon if Levy had more time to think he'd have refused to play the game until all our players were fit again - the PL could have tried to dock us points for failing to to play the match, but we could have threatened to get legal on them......we would have had nothing to lose and potentially a financial gain of c. £50m from CL football.

Anyone else remember the 'great' Gordon Banks getting nobbled with food poisoning just before the quarter final against West Germany!
We had to put that chav Bonetti in goal and got knocked out!

Every other country, including Brazil, were relieved as I'm convinced we would have won it.

Still haven't got over that game and I was 16 then!
Getting wound up even thinking about it

:angryscouser:

I reckon if Levy had more time to think he'd have refused to play the game until all our players were fit again - the PL could have tried to dock us points for failing to to play the match, but we could have threatened to get legal on them......we would have had nothing to lose and potentially a financial gain of c. £50m from CL football.

Yes the run of form we were on it was so unreal losing away

What is the policy these days with sickness etc? Is there a neutral medical professional who decides whether they can play or too sick?
How many need to be sick?

What is the policy these days with sickness etc? Is there a neutral medical professional who decides whether they can play or too sick?

If it's ArseAnal/Man Utd/Man City/Chelsea; just the 1 would be enough...
When it was us; the entire squad and staff plus half the fans probably wouldn't be enough!

Don't think there was any rule when it happened to us......but like a lot of these things once we've been fucked over in a completely unbelievable set of circumstances they create a rule after so it never happens again.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's a "no team can play on three consecutive Monday nights rule" in place for next season.

If it's ArseAnal/Man Utd/Man City/Chelsea; just the 1 would be enough...
When it was us; the entire squad and staff plus half the fans probably wouldn't be enough!
Sorry, levy isnt sick. Game goes ahead.

footballsite - some of the record-breaking, unusual and bizarre football stories.

Some fixtures are jinxed. The Division 1 match between Spurs and eventual champions Everton at White Hart Lane in 1969/70 was one of them. The match was originally scheduled for Saturday 29th November 1969 but a heavy fall of snow just before kick off time forced a postponement. The re-scheduled date was Wednesday 17th December and the match started but only lasted 30 minutes before being abandoned when a fault at a sub-station caused floodlight failure. Wednesday 7th January 1970 was the next date pencilled in for the fixture but that one didn't happen either when Spurs had to play an FA Cup replay that evening. The match was finally played on Wednesday 11th March and after a near three month wait and three different programmes being printed Spurs lost one-nil! Ironically Spurs' next match was three days later and was the return fixture against Everton at Goodison. That went ahead at the first attempt and Spurs lost that one as well, 3-2.
Its not illness but a Spurs moment....Maybe God had it in for us?

Where indeed?

Some events stick in the memory but this remains!

Poor Sir Alf!
1990, Paul Gascoigne booking in Semi for an innocuous tackle. Best player in tournament would have missed out in the final. It all seems so convenient at times.
I feel England are disliked more than Tottenham or am I just being paranoid and every club or country has a bad day.

1990, Paul Gascoigne booking in Semi for an innocuous tackle. Best player in tournament would have missed out in the final. It all seems so convenient at times.
I feel England are disliked more than Tottenham or am I just being paranoid and every club or country has a bad day.

You're spot on. England are hated all around the world :)

I don't think that you are being paranoid.

I forgot about that one!

Go further back to the European Championship of 1968 when Alan Mullery was sent off against Yugoslavia for retaliation after receiving a horrendous challenge.
We were favourites for that tournament.

Bloody foreigners!
:disdain:

bollocks. England cheated their way to a win in 1966.
The bought refs allowed Pele to be hacked to fuck and the italians to get done by Korea
then the greasy corrupt cunt in the final allowed a goal when the ball hadn't crossed the line and a goal to be scored when horrible english hooligans had spilled onto the pitch. It was only the hard, fair work of the Germans in the face of such adversity that took the game to extra time.
4 years later and despite allowing the thief bobby moore to play, england moaned when the germans knocked them out fair and square, refusing to acknowledge that they'd lost to a better side and instead blamed it on the only player in their team with a slightly foreign name. Ealrier they got hammered 1-0 by Brazil - but instead of praising the genius in that brazil side all that any england fan, or the english media go on about is a tackle by the light-fingered bobby moore.
I could go on if anyone is interested...

Back
Top Bottom