Is it fixed ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

John Thomas

Go-Kartz 🏎 Cinemas🎬 Property 🏠Hotels 🏤 Golf⛳
I know peoplt will jump on this as a wild conspiracy theory. But is it possible there has been some agreement between various parties that ensures Woolwich must finish above Spurs each season. It does seem quite bizaar that 2 clubs of similar size and stature forever finish up in the same order. There is no comparison between other major rivals in football. Liverpool/Everton, Utd /City, Real/atletico. The list is endless. But most intriguing are the circumstances that seem to unfold season after season. Lasagnagate, the players go down with food poisoning in the last day. We lose Woolwich win. A few years later we get Fulopgate. We need to better there result. Inexplicably Roy Dodgson hands Martin Fulop his first appearance of the season. He then proceeds to effectively throw three in the net as Woolwich squeak through 3-2. A couple of years later we face Sunderland at home while they go to Newcastle. Again we need to better their result. Every decision goes against us until news filters through that Woolwich have scored. Bale scores a screamer at the end but its to no avail. Yesterday, as it starts to look like we could get the result we need, the referee gives the most shocking penalty decision of the season and our fate is sealed once again. Of course it may just be bad luck and Spursy. But in some ways that seems even more outlandish than it being somehow fixed against us. I'm the last person to be fooled by wild conspiracy theories, but somehow this don't sit right with me

Lasagne will never just be 'one of those things' as far as I'm concerned.

We've heard SO many times after defeats "oh, it's football, it happens"

THAT wasn't 'football' ... THAT doesn't just 'happen'

Yesterday was more an acceptance of the reality, that until someone rids the World of Arseanal... this will always be our fate.

Lasagne
Bayern-gate
One point difference in AVB's first year.
One point difference under Harry
Fulop
This

I'd be a liar if I said the thought didn't cross my mind yesterday, and it feels less about is always having to finish behind the scum, but more about is always having to be the nearly men.

Of course, in reality we're back in the CL so we haven't really been kept away from the top table. But sometimes it does feel as if the world of football conspires against us.

Levy must be pulling his hair out.

Oh....wait.....:levyeyes:

Nope. We were shite yesterday. We were also shite against Southampton.

Unless the theory includes our own players playing like spastics, I'm not having it.

And getting food poisoning from dodgy lasagne is precisely "one of those things". Happens to folk all the time, just shit luck it happened to us.

We're authors of our own fate - the whole bollocks of getting some kid out on the pitch at half time against Southampton sums up our mindset.

Getting photos with the subs and then guess what.....we gift them the game because we're in 'charity' mode.

We need to decide if we are a football team or a community centre - the two don't go hand in hand.

Before everyone pipes up I'm fully aware this is a cuntish view, I'm fucking hungover and fed up of us being nice, I don't want us to be nice - I want to win.

This season CAN'T have been fixed (unless OUR players were in on it as well...!!!)

Whilst this season shows hiw far we've come, the shocking result yesterday when we ONLY HAD TO AVOID DEFEAT against an already relegated team down to 10 men shows just how far we have to go...
Maybe the players should take a good long read (IF they CAN read) of various media outlets REVELLING in our misery, to truly understand what THEY have inflicted on THEIR OWN FANS...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...yers-celebrate-shock-st-totteringhams-day-tr/

I feel sick to my cunting stomach.
Hats off to ANYONE who DOESN'T hit a Snug Gloating Gooner today...

No, it's not a fix. I'll take comfort in the fact that even though Woolwich far outspend us every season it's getting later in the year every time they finish above us. It's the first time (that I can recall) that we've been ahead on the final day. I've also spent the majority of the season being pleased with my team and the football they're producing - in contrast to every Woolwich fan I know, who have spent most of the year being miserable and moaning about Wenger.

There's no denying that we have an ever extending list of inexplicable circumstances that always seem to conspire against us.

You missed the Mendes goal off the list which would have made the difference in us finishing top 4 that season.

I had started to think this season was a sign of change which makes it all the more gutting that the same old shit happened to us again.

I don't believe there is a conspiracy (with the exception of lasagne gate which I do genuinely believe was a fix) ....actually come to think of it even more so considering there was no way we could postpone that game yet utds has been moved due to them being too retarded to remove training equipment from their stadium!

I know peoplt will jump on this as a wild conspiracy theory. But is it possible there has been some agreement between various parties that ensures Woolwich must finish above Spurs each season. It does seem quite bizaar that 2 clubs of similar size and stature forever finish up in the same order. There is no comparison between other major rivals in football. Liverpool/Everton, Utd /City, Real/atletico. The list is endless. But most intriguing are the circumstances that seem to unfold season after season. Lasagnagate, the players go down with food poisoning in the last day. We lose Woolwich win. A few years later we get Fulopgate. We need to better there result. Inexplicably Roy Dodgson hands Martin Fulop his first appearance of the season. He then proceeds to effectively throw three in the net as Woolwich squeak through 3-2. A couple of years later we face Sunderland at home while they go to Newcastle. Again we need to better their result. Every decision goes against us until news filters through that Woolwich have scored. Bale scores a screamer at the end but its to no avail. Yesterday, as it starts to look like we could get the result we need, the referee gives the most shocking penalty decision of the season and our fate is sealed once again. Of course it may just be bad luck and Spursy. But in some ways that seems even more outlandish than it being somehow fixed against us. I'm the last person to be fooled by wild conspiracy theories, but somehow this don't sit right with me
Oh dear . . .

Lasagnegate was the only option for me. That on the other hand had glaring sympthoms of corruption about it:
  • Food poisoning effectively hitting an entire team: never before, never since in league history. Ever.
  • Timing: Would have lifted the at the time fittest non-top-4 team into the top 4 and broken the "SKY 4" monopoly on CL revenue, at a time where it was decisive for succes (TV revenues relatively smaller).
  • Timing, part deux: Would have hit a leading "SKY 4" team extremely hard, at a time where they were to move into a new ground and pay off the deficits - and where key players were peaking, plateauing og slightly descending even.
  • Formalities: The decision to not delay the game was effectively taken in the ground of the team, which would benefit so very much by the very decision.
  • Narrative: The entire media treated the event with utter ridicule, studio pundits glossing it over with "typical spurs" suggestions and outright denying, that any foul play could possibly be in motion; even if it was just a lone wolf employee at the hotel with no participation in any conspiracy. Afterwards there was a blank, complete lack of public debate regarding the formalities. It wasn't even a bias. It was a consensus.

As much as I don't think we have always been unlucky, straight off the top of my head, that have at Watford we won last minute with an offside goal. I think it's easy to say we're unlucky but I think it's more unlikely we remember those for a longer period of time.

The end of the season wasn't luck, AberdeenYid rightly points out the Southampton game and I would probably add the West Brom game to that analogy too. We were hit hard after the chelsea game.

I think we have also seen how we lack guile without Alli and Dembele. Also just how our attitude toward the last 3 games wasn't right.

At the start of this season it might have been overly ambitious but 4 weeks ago, it wasn't unreasonable to expect us to finish above Woolwich.

We got 2 first 11 players showing a lack of discipline and I feel we didn't have the depth and collectively ran out of steam, add in complacency when playing a relegated team and you have a perfect shit storm, mainly of our own making..

As much as I don't think we have always been unlucky, straight off the top of my head, that have at Watford we won last minute with an offside goal. I think it's easy to say we're unlucky but I think it's more unlikely we remember those for a longer period of time.

The end of the season wasn't luck, AberdeenYid rightly points out the Southampton game and I would probably add the West Brom game to that analogy too. We were hit hard after the chelsea game.

I think we have also seen how we lack guile without Alli and Dembele. Also just how our attitude toward the last 3 games wasn't right.

At the start of this season it might have been overly ambitious but 4 weeks ago, it wasn't unreasonable to expect us to finish above Woolwich.

We got 2 first 11 players showing a lack of discipline and I feel we didn't have the depth and collectively ran out of steam, add in complacency when playing a relegated team and you have a perfect shit storm, mainly of our own making..
But Flabby from the pod loves our players doing stupid things and getting red cards.

I don't buy any conspiracy stuff what-so-ever but just on the penalty that shouldn't have been yesterday; not only was the game lost well and truly before then (aye maybe we could have got back in the game but we didn't deserve to) but we've had a lot of those sorts of decisions going in our favour this season (Dier offside goal against City for e.g)

Back
Top Bottom