Your first Spurs game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

have alook here fella loads of old photo's & archive video you wont have seen anywhere else!..feck the opus!!...wonderful site

http://www.ohwhenthespurs.co.uk/

at the top are little icons,..click on "fans". when the page loads scroll down to thebottom past all the trouble on the terraces video's (come backto them later!!)&click on the enter icon right at the bottom & another page will load!..scroll & on right hand side are icons "white hart lane 60's & 80's click onthe 60's icon & a video will come of fans inthe60's...it starts with a steam train arriving at whl station...wonderful stuff that unashamedly brings tears to my eyes,

enjoy lads& ladies

Absolutely awesome stuff. Thank you! Now this is history that means something to me.

As a student from Czech Republic I finally made my first trip to WHL last season against Stoke. I went to Bricklayers before the match and was blown away. Sang my heart out and forgot there two shirts i bought in a Spurs shop before.:avbfacepalm: Luckily i put the other shirt and jacket I bought on. It was a good game. We ran around a bit. Bale hit a bar than they obviously scored shitty goal but Rafa saved the day in the 93rd minute. :rafaaaa: I also spent almost all the money that day and did't have anything to eat the next two days till my plane flew back. :gomes:

Still best day(s) of my life.

I was a late developer on football but I got my debut standing on the shelf, Spurs 4-3 Coventry a hat trick for Gordon Durie and the other for Lineker, it was the 91/92 season.

I consider myself very lucky to have got the chance to stand on the shelf.

Tottenham v Forest 1990/1

Was a league game, considered a dress rehearsal for the Cup Final a week or 2 later

Stood in the East Stand. Remember the roar when it was announced that an injured :gazza2: would be playing instead of Paul Stewart.

1-1 Final Score. For Spurs... NAYIM :adegrin:

Michael Dawson......TIME TRAVELER!!!!!!!

Uq2P0.png

Have I not posted in this thread yet? Appears not.

My first game was a 2-1 home defeat to Woolwich. Nico Claesen scored in the first minute but despite being the live game on ITV that day, they missed it because we kicked off early.

According to this link, Shaun Close started for us - can't say I remember much about his contribution: http://www.11v11.com/matches/tottenham-hotspur-v-Woolwich-18-october-1987-88675/

first game was against Forest in March 70 4-1 Chivers scored 2 as did Alan Gilzean. I was part of a big group of 10-11 year olds allowed out on our own. A few months later big chiv came to our school to coach us a couple of days but failed to spot my enormous potential

first game was against Forest in March 70 4-1 Chivers scored 2 as did Alan Gilzean. I was part of a big group of 10-11 year olds allowed out on our own. A few months later big chiv came to our school to coach us a couple of days but failed to spot my enormous potential
how the fuck do you do paragraphs on these computer thingies

I thought my first game was against Middlesbrough in 97 at the lane. That's the one i can remember the most. But the other day i was shown a picture of me at Vicarage Road with my dad and brother for a friendly, which we drew 1-1... also it was Klinsmann's debut. :avbdamn:

September 1st 1978 a 4-0 League Cup win over Wimbledon, a John Duncan hat-trick and the other scored by flaxen haired Rik Wakeman look a like Chris Jones. I stood at the front of the old West Stand, using my dad's briefcase as a step to see over the wall. I thought it would be like that every week, sadly reality bit with my next game a 2-0 home defeat to Newcastle.

Not sure if it was 1991 or '92 but it was Everton at home I think. Was on shelf side standing with the old man and my Brother (who got me into Spurs) and had a hard time seeing anything being a wee lad and all that. We were 3-0 up at half time and drew 3-3 in the end. It was here I knew this was the pain and disappointment I wanted to endure for the rest of my life. :baletroll:

This was my first game as well!
Was in the Paxton with my old man, I was about 6 years old, my dad told me to stand on the wooden seat in order to see better but I kept falling off. I said to him at half time "surely we'll win now?" and he said "not necessarily, this is Spurs..."

I thought my first game was against Middlesbrough in 97 at the lane. That's the one i can remember the most. But the other day i was shown a picture of me at Vicarage Road with my dad and brother for a friendly, which we drew 1-1... also it was Klinsmann's debut. :avbdamn:
I was at that game, atmosphere was electric at Vicarage road.Gazza was watching the game from the "concrete" corner with Glenn Roeder, Gazza was up to his normal tricks mucking about and having banter with us Spurs fans. I remember that so many Yids turned up, Watford ended up giving us two whole stands, the west stand and the south stand, although there was some glory hornet boys in there aswell there was no trouble, it really was a friendly , most of the Watford fans had come to get a glimpse of Klinsmann aswell.

Home to Oldham, 18/9/93, we won 5-0. Teddy (2), Sedgley, Durie, Dozzell. I'd be lying to say I remember the match as I was 4, but my dad kept the programme and ticket stub for me, which I now have proudly framed.

As for the starting line-up:
Thorstvedt, Austin, Sedgley, Mabbutt, Calderwood, Campbell, Dozzell, Anderton, Samways, Sheringham, Durie!

have alook here fella loads of old photo's & archive video you wont have seen anywhere else!..feck the opus!!...wonderful site

http://www.ohwhenthespurs.co.uk/

at the top are little icons,..click on "fans". when the page loads scroll down to thebottom past all the trouble on the terraces video's (come backto them later!!)&click on the enter icon right at the bottom & another page will load!..scroll & on right hand side are icons "white hart lane 60's & 80's click onthe 60's icon & a video will come of fans inthe60's...it starts with a steam train arriving at whl station...wonderful stuff that unashamedly brings tears to my eyes,

enjoy lads& ladies

I absolutely love seeing these old videos. It's great to be able to make a connection to the way the club was before my time, and see how it has (and hasn't) changed.

By the way, the two videos at the bottom of the 'fans' page (http://www.ohwhenthespurs.co.uk/#/the-fans/4535291868) are utterly superb viewing.

Back
Top Bottom