Your Expected Lineup Come September

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris
Walker, Chriches, Vert, Davies
Capoue Bentaleb,
Schniderlin Eriksen Lamala
Ade

With Capoue and Bentaleb in front of the back 4, Walker will bomb on ans supply the width on the right. Schniderlin, Lamala picking up knock downs from Ade and linking up, over lapping him when he drops and holds the ball up, as he dose so well. Lamala, the width from the left. Bentaleb covering the space left by him when he go's. When attacking through the middle. The very impressive diamond of........

.....................................................................Ade
..................................................Lamala........................Schniderlin
...................................................................Eriksen

COYS!

Lamala:

RG0RsvX.jpg

.......................Lloris

Walker....Veljkovic ..Vertonghen ...Davis
Schneiderlin......Capoue..... Bentaleb
............Lamela.........Erikson
.......................Soldado

Where has all this recent Bentaleb love in come from? He can do a job but a starter? Not over Dembele, Paulinho, Sandro. Also guys, spelling for our players' names, Eriksen, Lamela, c'mon!

If we sign Musacchio then I'll be happy if that is our business concluded. So come September we line up:
[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Musaccho, Vertonghen, Davies, Capoue, Paulinho, Lennon, Eriksen, Lamela, Adebayor][/formation]

His playing history there is below average at best - even so, he's not even naturally left-footed

His career at Twente was not "below average at best". I would rather play him on the left than waste someone like Eriksen on the left. But since you're insisting that he isn't suited to the left wing, what position is he suited to? And who would you play on the left out of our current options?

His career at Twente was not "below average at best". I would rather play him on the left than waste someone like Eriksen on the left. But since you're insisting that he isn't suited to the left wing, what position is he suited to? And who would you play on the left out of our current options?
I don't care about his Twente career - what he does at Spurs is far more important and so far he's been largely forgettable. To expect a massive transformation under Poch while playing him in the same position is somewhat bizarre, imv

He's not a natural left-sided player and never will be simply due to his 'make-up'. I think behind the striker as the #10 role would be far more suited to his overall characteristics. Eriksen could play out-wide much like Modric did for us back under 'Arry in 2009/10 - but my original point was around buy a natural left-winger instead of pushing unsitable players out wide and compromising our game

think our first X1 is pretty settled presuming Musacchio is done and Lamela is given a chance:

Lloris, Walker, Musaccio, Vertonghen, Davies
Sandro, Dembele,
Lamela, Eriksen,Paulinho
Ade

What's more interesting is how much we can see from Soldado to displace Ade, Capoue and possibly Bentaleb to rival Sandro/Dembele and Townsend or Lennon for Lamela. If Rose can improve he could challenge Davies but I don't really see it, too unnatural a defender.

All the others are largely reserves (or surplus to requirements), find it hilarious some on here expecting to see Holtby and Chadli to become world beaters because we have a new manager.
However, that's the team which I'm sure will start.

think our first X1 is pretty settled presuming Musacchio is done and Lamela is given a chance:

Lloris, Walker, Musaccio, Vertonghen, Davies
Sandro, Dembele,
Lamela, Eriksen,Paulinho
Ade

What's more interesting is how much we can see from Soldado to displace Ade, Capoue and possibly Bentaleb to rival Sandro/Dembele and Townsend or Lennon for Lamela. If Rose can improve he could challenge Davies but I don't really see it, too unnatural a defender.

All the others are largely reserves (or surplus to requirements), find it hilarious some on here expecting to see Holtby and Chadli to become world beaters because we have a new manager.
However, that's the team which I'm sure will start.

Have you watched any pre season games? If be very surprised to see paulinho starting in the left sided role based on what we've been doing. Lennon has been doing well so I think he will be playing there from the off until form or injury dictates he'll lose the spot.

This new centre back Musacchio seems good but it's always concerning to think 50% of our back four will have just joined the club and therefore they don't all have the experience and understanding of playing together.

In a perfect world...

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Mateo, Verts, Davies, Schneiderlin/Holtby, Capoue/Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Depay, Bony][/formation]

What I actually think..

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Mateo, Verts, Davies, Holtby, Capoue, Lamela, Eriksen, Lennon, Adebayor][/formation]

By end of September....

Lloris

Walker
Vert
Moustachioed
Davies

Capoue
Schneiderlin

Dembele
Eriksen
Lamela

Soldado

Actually looks a very good side on paper.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Mateo, Verts, Davies, Holtby, Capoue, Lamela, Eriksen, Lennon, Adebayor][/formation]

This is the closest to what I think we'll put out. It's hard to say for sure because we have a big squad and transfers are still ongoing and we haven't seen Poch pick a first eleven before. How much does he adapt to the opposition with his selections? Anyone paid that much attention while he was at Southampton?
Personally I'd feel happier with a bit more muscle in the top half of midfield against West Ham. I expect us to sell one or two decent players before the window closes and if Schederlin comes in I'd expect him to play.

Have you watched any pre season games? If be very surprised to see paulinho starting in the left sided role based on what we've been doing. Lennon has been doing well so I think he will be playing there from the off until form or injury dictates he'll lose the spot.

Interesting, I've not watched the friendlies, thanks. Hope you're right as I'm a Lennon fan and he is more versatile than given credit for though lack of goals has always been an issue. I really hope to see more from Paulinho too though.

Why have so many got Soldado starting ahead of Ade is that just as he's been playing more in friendlies or is he seen as fitting in better with Poch?

Winger? Where has that been mentioned? Box-to- box Mf. Absolutely!

With all due respect, you have him here listed as your right winger/attacking mid my friend. :thumbup:

Lloris
Walker, Chriches, Vert, Davies
Capoue Bentaleb,
Schniderlin Eriksen Lamala
Ade

.....................................................................Ade
..................................................Lamala........................Schniderlin
...................................................................Eriksen

The box to box midfielder is listed as one of the two just ahead of the back line in a 4-2-3-1, with the wingers on either side of the CAM (Eriksen in this case).

Back
Top Bottom