Your Expected Lineup Come September

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lamala:

RG0RsvX.jpg

Bear in mind i was born in 1991.. my memory of sheringham and Klinsman may not be great. But yeah, i feel if we had Adebayor and Soldado at their peaks they'd certainly be at a similar level if not better to Sheringham and Klinsman. Controversial i know, sue me.

Being young is no excuse for being stupid. Eriksen has potential but Adebayor isn't fit to lace teddy or klinsmans boots.

No I mean the full story is Dawson is my sisters fav player she wanted to meet him, we didnt talk to others, its just he looks like a loser, like if you are gunning for champions league, trophies etc and you look round the dressing room and see him, you know you are already handicapped, its such a shame as he has the ability, his attitude stinks, everyone sees it

I backed him to do really well when he came back from Sunderland and even thought for that brief moment at start of last season he looked good with Chadli, I was there when he scored against Woolwich those years ago, I feel for him a little as he is not a full back

Pics...

Something i just don't get on these forums the last weeks...Have we done a secret signing of Schneiderlin? because every single one of you are writing about him like he's an ordinary now..

:sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf::sherwoodwtf:

You lot are fucking dreaming.

[formation=4411, Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Davies, Lamela, Sandro, Dembele, Townsend, Eriksen, Soldado][/formation]

Last edited:
[formation="4231, Lloris, Walker, Chiriches, Vertonghen, Davies, Sandro, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Townsend, Adebayor"][/formation]

At this moment in time Dembele, Sandro and Eriksen is by far and away the strongest midfield we have IMO. Paulinho isn't good enough, Eriksen is a nailed-on started behind the striker. Sandro and Dembele would be very hard to break down as well (Dembele isn't suited forward IMo. He has good energy, is a good passer and a tough tackler and I think he would work much better from deep.

This is just a formation going on the players we have at this particular moment. Should we sign Griezman, for example, he would be nailed on for a place on the left-wing, for me.

Walker, Lloris, Davies all pick themselves, and I think we have to get Adebayor up front for the start of the season. He's more adept to Rickie Lambert's role at Southampton so would probably suit Pochettino better at this moment in time. The wingers also pick themselves for me - Lamela will have a good season if he stays fit.

The centre-backs are a case for dispute. For me, Dawson isn't good enough to start. Vertonghen is nailed-on for me - so the it's between Kaboul and Chiriches to play next to him. Although I think Chiriches can be a bit of a liability, he has a much bigger potential to form a partnership with Vertognhen due to the fact that Kaboul is never more then a trip over a thick blade of grass from an injury. He was a very, very good defender a few seasons ago - but I fear he has 'Ledley King syndrome' (a weak joint affects the muscles, leading to pulls and tears etc).

For me, that is logically the best formation. I like BALANCE in my teams and that has it all for me - pace, power, defensive solidarity, height, set-piece production, goals and most importantly - ability to dominate the centre of the pitch.

Last edited:
We are THREE weeks away from the first game - so my bet would be Poch will use the players he has been working with ATM (exception Lloris, Vertonghen) unless say Schneiderlin comes in as Poch will use the players he is coaching the way he sees appropriate - his system, not views they have brought back from WC.
I see the likes of Sandro (if he stays), Paulie, Dembele, Bents etc .... either bench or not playing.
Based on the USA group, Lloris Vertonghen excepted.
.....................Lloris
Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Davies
..............Capoue, Holtby
......Lamela, Eriksen, Townsend
................Soldado

Both Holtby and Townie are looking fit will press according to the Poch system, will link well and Townie can finish better than Lennon.

In the spirit of having finally made an official signing, I'm curious to see some of your first choice lineups you expect to see come the end of the transfer window. Note this is what you expect, not necessarily what you want to see. As a certain poster has also been seen-binned for I think the fifth time, his ban should almost reach September so folks can post in safety of not being assaulted as they were in the "Poch's lineup" thread.

For me:

-------------Lloris--------------
Walk--Astori--Verts--Davies
-------Paul--Schneider-------
-Lamela--Eriksen--Kono-
--------------Ade--------------

Until I see us linked with another first choice CB, I've just utterly no clue. Until then, I'm just going to guess Baldini finds a cheap deal for Astori at Cagliari. As for LW, that one's also a bit of a guess considering we've seen quite a few reports suggesting Kono's contract is some bullshit, and I think there's genuine interest in Griezmann. That having been said, I think a fucked contract Kono is still more realistic than Griezmann. Cheers to hope though, and I know I'd personally be delighted with either.

What're yours TFC?
How can you possibly name players we haven't signed. Your basing these signings based on something you read in the Sun. Our transfer activity will be minimal, and based on what players we can off load, and don't think that will be easy. I am expecting a centre half, and that's about it.

Back
Top Bottom