Your Expected Lineup Come September

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In the spirit of having finally made an official signing, I'm curious to see some of your first choice lineups you expect to see come the end of the transfer window. Note this is what you expect, not necessarily what you want to see. As a certain poster has also been seen-binned for I think the fifth time, his ban should almost reach September so folks can post in safety of not being assaulted as they were in the "Poch's lineup" thread.

For me:

-------------Lloris--------------
Walk--Astori--Verts--Davies
-------Paul--Schneider-------
-Lamela--Eriksen--Kono-
--------------Ade--------------

Until I see us linked with another first choice CB, I've just utterly no clue. Until then, I'm just going to guess Baldini finds a cheap deal for Astori at Cagliari. As for LW, that one's also a bit of a guess considering we've seen quite a few reports suggesting Kono's contract is some bullshit, and I think there's genuine interest in Griezmann. That having been said, I think a fucked contract Kono is still more realistic than Griezmann. Cheers to hope though, and I know I'd personally be delighted with either.

What're yours TFC?

Few general remarks

Chiriches instead of Astori (?)

We will not sign Konoplyanka

Sandro shits on every DM we have so he'll most likely start alongside Paulinho and Dembele just in front

Soldado will start ahead of Ade seeing that the latter is going to miss all pre-season by the looks of things

COYS

Few general remarks

Chiriches instead of Astori (?)

We will not sign Konoplyanka

Sandro shits on every DM we have so he'll most likely start alongside Paulinho and Dembele just in front

Soldado will start ahead of Ade seeing that the latter is going to miss all pre-season by the looks of things

COYS

More than likely you're right on Konoplyanka. I do think we'll be getting a new LW this summer though.

I rate Chiriches, but don't think he's quite ready for first choice. His play is just far too shaky as of yet and he's yet to prove physical enough, and I was of this opinion before his Sunderland blunder.

I really don't think Sandro will be here come September. Just overwhelming evidence at this point.

Truth on Soldado in regard to Ade's sickness. I do think Ade will take back first choice relatively soon though. Seems much more the kind of striker that's thrived in the past under Poch than does Soldado. Would love to see Soldado do well though.

Hugo
Walker - Kaboom - Verts - Davies
Schneiderlin - Dembele
Lamela - Eriksen - Depay
Soldado
But man, if Levy can pull off Griezmann ... :gomes:

Initially, I reckoned Ade to get the nod, but I do agree with ArcspacE ArcspacE in that this preseason is sadly going to cause Ade a bummer again (for the very beginning of the season at least.)

And I would like to hope Holtby can fight his way into the starting lineup.
(Most likely for Dembele, as much as I love him though.)​

Last edited:
You lot are fucking dreaming.

[formation=4411, Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Davies, Lamela, Sandro, Dembele, Townsend, Eriksen, Soldado][/formation]

Last edited:

[formation=4411, Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Davies, Paulinho, Sandro, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Soldado][/formation]

I would be very surprised if that's our midfield and CB scenario come September. Poch's tactics are about on the opposite side of the spectrum from the 4-3-3 midfield of "physical specimens" centrally.

[formation=4132, Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Davies, Lennon, Sandro, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Soldado][/formation]
Lamela on the left! :lamelawtf:

Replace Lennon with Townsend (or even Chadli/Holtby), and switch sides for him and Lamela ...
And then I could be fine, IF we don't make any more signings.

Lennon should no way be near the starting lineup, IMO.

I would be very surprised if that's our midfield and CB scenario come September. Poch's tactics are about on the opposite side of the spectrum from the 4-3-3 midfield of "physical specimens" centrally.
REALLY? you'd be surprised if players currently at the club, lined up for us. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was like that.

i couldn't really do the team how i wanted, i think it will be more of a 4-1-2-3 With Sandro or Paulinho in the holding role, Dembele and Eriksen in the middle and Lamela and Townsend/Lennon out wide.

-----------------Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Davies
-----------------Sandro
-----------Eriksen Dembele
----Lamela Soldado Townsend

Im not expecting anyone new in either, tbh i don't think we need it.

Last edited:
i couldn't really do the team how i wanted, i think it will be more of a 4-1-2-3 With Sandro or Paulinho in the holding role, Dembele and Eriksen in the middle and Lamela and Townsend/Lennon out wide.

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Davies
Sandro
Eriksen Dembele
Lamela Soldado Townsend

Im not expecting anyone new in either, tbh i don't think we need it.

Fair enough, definitely looks like something Poch would field with our current players.

I will cry and send you the video on youtube if we don't bring in another CB or LW before the window is over though.

Lloris
Walker-Vertonghen-Kaboul-Davies
Capoue-Pauliniho
Lamela-Eriksen-Townsend
Soldado

I think those who have had a full pre-season may get starts early on (Townsend, Capoue, Soldado etc.)
Also there's no way we are signing more than 1 or 2 more: would love to see Griezmann in that team and Sandro should be starting every game if fit.

[formation=433, Lloris, Walker, Chiriches, Vertonghen, Davies, Bentaleb, Schneiderlin, Eriksen, Lamela, Adebayor, Townsend][/formation]

In dream world, I would also be hoping for upgrades at CB and LW. Mostly I just hope we find a reliable first 11 this season and only have to rotate for strategic rest and injury.

-----------------Bentaleb --------------------
Bentaleb bentaleb Bentaleb Bentaleb
-----------------Bentaleb-----------------------
-----------bentaleb bentaleb-----------------
----bentaleb Bentaleb Bentaleb----------

Sorry could resist the old Sherwood dig poor bentaleb. I suppose my ideal would be

-----------------lloris------------------------
---walker---chirches--verts---Davies
--------schniderlin-----dembele-------
--lamela------eriksen--------Greizmann
-------------------bony---------------------

There's no way we're going to make 5 big signings this summer.

Do you consider Davies and Vorm big signings? Frankly, I'd view Griezmann as a big signing, and Kono as well as Schneiderlin as our level signings. Also keep in mind, we received a fat fuckin check from the TV money this year, and we'll also likely make a decent chunk of change from the Sandro sale.

Back
Top Bottom