Wow, Our Support Was Amazing

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No doubt the support was there , it was fantastic.

But it just shows to me, how much better our support could have been in so many games over the past few years. Here's hoping we can outsing West Ham and Fiorentina in upcoming games.

I think the past few years split the fanbase over managers and players too heavily. Plus, whether right or wrong, the dogshit being served up on the pitch left fuck all worth singing about.

We were going backwards, and I honestly believe the fanbase was left shellshocked from the feel good factor of that first 4th season, and CL run....not only that, but the immense entertainment our football was giving us at the same time.

The rug was pulled out from under us before we could blink, and factions set in...AVB this, Harry that etc etc etc.

Someone said it in another thread, but Poch is uniting the players, and the fans....people are not glory hunting by singing when things are looking up. It is simply a case of having our Spurs back, playing football the right way, and the overwhelming sense of pride most of us feel in doing it the right way, with a chairman who is a lifelong fan and a first team brimming with academy talent who are tearing teams like Chelsea and Woolwich to pieces.

When all is said and done, those among us who openly envy Chelsea and their Russian lotto ticket kind of have no right to bang on about lack of atmosphere. Plastic clubs come with shit, plastic fans.

Someone mentioned it last night, that the feeling of a win was 'in the air'... you could sense it...
So often, the NLD is a mixture of sickening nerves and consigned resignation... but yesterday was different... before, during and of course after! The whole ground was buzzing, and in the streets outside there was a sense of inevitability we'd win. Something i've never felt for a NLD.
The fans felt it... the players obviously sensed it... and thus it came to pass!
...if that's not an advert for positive thinking (and not negative bickering and bitching especially if ever we go a goal down) then I dunno what is!

Someone mentioned it last night, that the feeling of a win was 'in the air'... you could sense it...
So often, the NLD is a mixture of sickening nerves and consigned resignation... but yesterday was different... before, during and of course after! The whole ground was buzzing, and in the streets outside there was a sense of inevitability we'd win. Something i've never felt for a NLD.
The fans felt it... the players obviously sensed it... and thus it came to pass!
...if that's not an advert for positive thinking (and not negative bickering and bitching especially if ever we go a goal down) then I dunno what is!

Even when we went 1-0 down I had that gut feeling that we would pull it back.
And I never get that during NLD games. I usually just feel sick and then we lose and then I feel even sicker.

I think one of the reasons it was sooooo loud was because there was predominately a song with no rude words or about kicking someone's head in......kids can join in without being clipped by a parent, and even an idiot can remember the words.
Even Spurs fans, more than 2 versions of " oh when the Spurs" can get a bit boring, but this song can go on for a long time without getting boring.
Bn1 about LFC, why ?i know one guy seriously considering IT from Kent,,but hasn't got a ticket, but would be probably easyish to collect

One of the things that has to be acknowledged is the stadium. It is, like Goodison and Anfield, becoming unique as the supporters are so close to the pitch, the intensity is ramped up like The Emirates, Etihad and others of its ilk simply can't achieve.

White Hart Lane has been both incredible and awful (which stadium hasn't) but I will miss days like Saturday as and when we do have a new stadium.

Bn1 about LFC, why ?i know one guy seriously considering IT from Kent,,but hasn't got a ticket, but would be probably easyish to collect

Just wondering what our support will be like up there. I know we got given 1,800'ish tickets and it went general sale (completely understandable what with our busy schedule, £55 match tickets, being midweek, etc) - so wondered if there would be people snapping the general sale tickets.. If someone you knows is keen I'd get them to bell Spurs, I'd be pretty confident there's still tickets available.

On the 12:07 from Euston myself, into Liverpool for just after 2 then I imagine I'll head down towards Albert Docks.

I think we need to see where this everywhere we go train takes us...what's mega is that it works perfectly with Mauricio, mopo, and pochettino, the sky is not even close to the limit with this tune

-Everywhere he goes, everywhere he goes
Its Mauricios, yid army glory show, everywhere he goes

-Mauricio, pochettino, "something something"

-Its Mauricio, going toe to toe, everywhere he goes
.Going, standing, stepping

-Its Mauricio, puttin on a show, everywhere he goes

-Its pochettinos boys, bringin the noise, everywhere he goes
.Its mopos boys or its Mauricios, boys...

-ect, ect to infinte

I think we need to see where this everywhere we go train takes us...what's mega is that it works perfectly with Mauricio, mopo, and pochettino, the sky is not even close to the limit with this tune

-Everywhere he goes, everywhere he goes
Its Mauricios, yid army glory show, everywhere he goes

-Mauricio, pochettino, "something something"

-Its Mauricio, going toe to toe, everywhere he goes
.Going, standing, stepping

-Its Mauricio, puttin on a show, everywhere he goes

-Its pochettinos boys, bringin the noise, everywhere he goes
.Its mopos boys or its Mauricios, boys...

-ect, ect to infinte

Just stick til 'everywhere we go, we're the Tottenham boys' etc, shall we? :carrollwtf:

d43a01f5-450e-4d88-8ded-5d603a6bf880-2060x1373.jpeg
I want the white one so bad

Back
Top Bottom