Would you take Mourinho?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you take Mourinho as Poch replacement?

• Yes

Votes: 114 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 124 40.5%
  • Id rather shag my granny

Votes: 76 24.8%

• Total voters
Can't imagine he would have us playing worse football than we already do. For one thing, our defence would be a lot better. Also, there's no way he would tolerate some of the terrible attitudes in our squad at present.

We have far better players than that United team he inherited.
We are two top draw fullbacks and a CB away from a title challenging side, I've seen enough of Ndombele now to believe he is going to be class, we have the strongest squad we've probably ever had, apart from the fullbacks which needs to be addressed.

I think a proper manager who would instil a winning mentality - which Poch clearly doesn't have, would be the final piece of the puzzle.

Mourinho has won the lot, he knows how to win

As far as I’m concerned he’s in Fabio Capello territory. He knew how to win as well, and England hired him because of that. He’ll be on the smallest budget he’s had in a while and thanks to Pochettino a lot of you massively overrate our players. N’Dombele, Kane and Son are our only sure things.

Can't imagine he would have us playing worse football than we already do. For one thing, our defence would be a lot better. Also, there's no way he would tolerate some of the terrible attitudes in our squad at present.
Why don't you think he will tolerate the terrible attitudes? None of our mob are as bad as Pogba under him and he was playing every game.

They’re worse than Pogba. And martial and he used the media to bully Luke Shaw.

This a group low on confidence and you lot want Stalin to come in!
I think Mourinho is a terrible idea, I don't think he will / can cope with terrible attitudes.

Even if you think they are worse than Pogba (I don't), he still had a rubbish attitude and Mourinho could do squat about it. He did bully Shaw, if he comes in maybe he will do the same with KWP because he doesn't take on the big players.

Mourinho has been mutinied out of practically every job he's held since Porto. He had twice the budget and the historical cache of United, and won the mickey mouse double. Now you want him to take over at a club you've all decided should accept nothing short of a league title?

Mourinho would be regression, he'd piss and moan and embarrass us in the press over Levy not giving him enough money, alienate what talent we do have left, maybe win a caribou on the way out and leave us with a disaster and no money to sort it out.

You want to flirt with relegation on a shoestring budget completely hamstrung by payments on stadium debt for the sake of this fucking clown winning a caribou cup? Fuck that.

Just think of all the cool smiley faces we could use on here if Mourinho was in charge.

jose-mourinho-man-utd-2018-19_1vcloom8wympb14bnfrg6pc057.jpg

39366-large.jpeg.cf.jpg

Jose-Mourinho-644066.jpg.cf.jpg

GettyImages-896224694.jpg.cf.jpg

jose-mourinho.jpg.cf.jpg

jose-mourinho.jpg.cf.jpg

jose-mourinho.jpg.cf.jpg

GettyImages-954703444.jpg.cf.jpg

Why don't you think he will tolerate the terrible attitudes? None of our mob are as bad as Pogba under him and he was playing every game.

CE comes close!

More was going on behind the scenes with Pogpa though and Woodward wanted him out

Couldn’t stand Pogpa though and hope he fucks off from the PL in January

One thing to bear in mind is that the last two trophies we won were under managers who had proven track records for winning trophies and they both did it without even having full seasons with us. They were natural winners who did it on instinct. The Martin Jols, the Harry Redknapps, the Mauricio Pochettinos are good at putting teams together but they don't have what it takes to go to the mat; they need someone else to do it for them.

This is what we need if we're going to win the title. A manager who knows how to win the league; someone who knows how to get results and not bottle it when it comes to the crunch; a proven winner. Mourinhio definitely falls into that category; Ranieri wouldn't be a bad bet either.

I don't want him anywhere near the club. Luckily the logic of him and Levy being able to reach agreement on a transfer budget allowance to finance his tenure ensures I sleep at night knowing it will never happen. :thumbup:
We simply cannot afford the guy's extravagant tastes in players.

Back
Top Bottom