Would you take Mourinho?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you take Mourinho as Poch replacement?

• Yes

Votes: 114 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 124 40.5%
  • Id rather shag my granny

Votes: 76 24.8%

• Total voters
In recent years he has had a mare. But when you look at what he got out of Porto and Inter, I think Mourinho could have the right skills to get this talented squad firing on all cylinders again. Or is he a spent force?
Am I mad? What do you guys think?
Yes to the first question and 'possibly' to the second but I do love reading your posts :thumbup:

I'd rather chew off both my arms.

This thread, and the amount of zombie fans (no you are not supporters) who keep jumping on media campaigns are extremely tedious.

You do know, that these undermine the manager campaigns only are a wheel in the big machinery to create narratives for new stories, right?

I'd rather chew off both my arms.

This thread, and the amount of zombie fans (no you are not supporters) who keep jumping on media campaigns are extremely tedious.

You do know, that these undermine the manager campaigns only are a wheel in the big machinery to create narratives for new stories, right?

I think some fans also follow us far to closely. Watch every game, every kick. Therefore completely disregard the past and the future. Its all about now.

Clearly there are alot of issues with the squad. But it would take any manager 3 or 4 windows to fix it. So why not just support the guy. Hes done it once, he can do it again.

Haven't read the responses in this thread but for me bringing in Mourinho may solve an issue very short term (winning a domestic trophy) yet just hinder us long term. He'll want to spend a lot of money on players at over-inflated prices and we'll be stuck with Sanchez type players that are almost impossible to get rid of.

Winning trophies should not be as low of a priority as Poch has made them but ultimately if we'd had beaten Liverpool in May, it would not have prevented many of the issues that we have today. The issue with our squad is deeper lying than that; it's to do with ego, money and boredom. Some of the players need to go, Eriksen, Toby and Jan for starters (never thought I'd say that about the two Belgies). They're simply not hungry enough for wanting to win at Spurs anymore. Toby at least pretends to care when you watch him celebrating the goal at Leicester for example but his contract situation says everything.

I love Jan but god knows what's going on there?

I think some fans also follow us far to closely. Watch every game, every kick. Therefore completely disregard the past and the future. Its all about now.

Clearly there are alot of issues with the squad. But it would take any manager 3 or 4 windows to fix it. So why not just support the guy. Hes done it once, he can do it again.

not factoring in Daniel Levy, even ...

The worrying thing is if Pochettino does leave or is sacked then I’m sure Levy will at least consider Mourinho if he is available.
At the same time, it’s hard to imagine the two of them working together.

giphy.gif

Is there not a thread on this brutally broken soul already?

Would not touch with a zillion foot barge pole.

This thread is aids AND ebola.

Back
Top Bottom