Would you take Mourinho?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you take Mourinho as Poch replacement?

• Yes

Votes: 114 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 124 40.5%
  • Id rather shag my granny

Votes: 76 24.8%

• Total voters
Would I fuck take Mourinho, Short termism in the extreme. We'd win the league cup and then he'd end up leaving us being more broken than we are now. Jose can fuck right off. I'll tell you how much I don't want him....I'd rather have BFS.

Now you’re talking

Pulis as his assistant and Timmy as head coach

What concerns me is that the longer this poor run continues and Pochettino stays put the clamour for Mourinho might grow, worse still Levy might come round to that line of thinking.
Read somewhere that it would cost £32M to sack MP so that might well mean Levy won’t bin him.
Hopefully the form of the team will turn round and this discussion will all be moot but it’s all just a big mess just now.

This is the same Mourinho who didn’t think the likes of De Bruyne and Salah were good enough. With our current transfer strategy, Mou would be a disaster. He’d sell Winksy for 20 million and Skipp and Tanganga for a 5 million a piece and then properly buy them back for a combined 200 million.

That was Ferguson united. And they won the league

Maybe I got the scoreline wrong, but this is the part I remember most....

Yeah we did and a month later we lost 2-0 in the league cup final to him oh and they won the league title as well

What's the later part of that got to do with embarrassing games/result?

Nothing.

We scarred the bloke.... He reverted to his bullshit bus parking for the rest of that season.... He went from 'Now I'm the happy one" to the morose, terminally miserable cunt we 've seen ever since.

Pretending Jose has never had a pasting is lacking truth-wise and he's brought embarrassment on his clubs in all sorts of other ways too.

You may relish the thought of anti-football; I don't. Bloke's a cancer....

Last edited:
What concerns me is that the longer this poor run continues and Pochettino stays put the clamour for Mourinho might grow, worse still Levy might come round to that line of thinking.
Read somewhere that it would cost £32M to sack MP so that might well mean Levy won’t bin him.
Hopefully the form of the team will turn round and this discussion will all be moot but it’s all just a big mess just now.

Well if Poch won’t fall on his sword and Levy won’t sack him due to the sizeable payoff; Levy should think about handing Poch a bulky spending chest to bring in the player or players he has in mind to further his “project” as clearly an injection is needed.

As to JM: the spending chest he would be demanding would likely give Levy a heart attack - and 82 year old Joe Lewis too!

I can’t believe almost 30% would want JM; it can only be that these voters are overseas Spurs - Yanks, Canadians Asians and Africans etc as no Londoner would want that Chelshit cu^n^!!

I don't think it's Mourinho necessarily (not my first choice) but he's a good marker for the choice we might have to make. People who want Eddie Howe presumably want him because he's young, his sides play progressive football, he's a good, intelligent, driven young manager etc. Presumably because that fits with aspirational Tottenham, with young players, fresh, playing great football etc etc.

But will it fucking win anything?!

We have the best stadium in Europe, better than all the super clubs, the biggest club stadium in the the biggest city involved in the Premier league. I think we should look at employing a proven fucking winner, someone who has worked at all of Europe's super clubs and won things multiple times.

I'd love us to interview Allegri, Ancelloti, Benitez, Mourinho and see if it fits. In terms of aspiring younger managers, the only one that I'd be desperate for is Erik ten Hag.

We need to win things more regularly. If we did, we'd be at the very top table because the rest of it is all in place.

Well we didn’t have any defending the other night

When you’re 1 : 4 down at home and you get an early penalty that makes it 2 : 4 all out attack is the correct option but you’ve got to be good at it - we were a joke in attack - easily defended against and they are obviously masters of counter attack and I was told this the day before the game so WHY DIDNT POCH KNOW?

Proud to count myself among the granny shaggers.

Currently the 'yes' voters outnumber the GS's. You guys must have some mingin' grannies.

Proud to count myself among the granny shaggers.

Currently the 'yes' voters outnumber the GS's. You guys must have some mingin' grannies.

When your Granny's more mingin' than Jose's football..... :lamelashock:

scotty.jpg

When you’re 1 : 4 down at home and you get an early penalty that makes it 2 : 4 all out attack is the correct option but you’ve got to be good at it - we were a joke in attack - easily defended against and they are obviously masters of counter attack and I was told this the day before the game so WHY DIDNT POCH KNOW?

Yes I get that we should have attacked in that position but when we did have to defend we looked so vulnerable
Expected them to score every time they went forward
They’re a good side though and must be one of the favourites as RM are shite

The Wolves fella might be worth a punt?
As a cheap option yeah but then how many times have you seen a unknown manager hit the ground running and then it goes pear shaped! In saying that we got lucky with Pochettino in the same regards though he did nothing outstanding before he came to us and the only way was up. Think we’re now in a position where we could attract a big name or should I say an experienced coach. Options
Mourinho
Rodgers
Benetez
Simone
Allegri
They are expensive options cheaper ones.....Houghton, Howe, ?

Back
Top Bottom