Would you take Mourinho?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you take Mourinho as Poch replacement?

• Yes

Votes: 114 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 124 40.5%
  • Id rather shag my granny

Votes: 76 24.8%

• Total voters
Would I fuck take Mourinho, Short termism in the extreme. We'd win the league cup and then he'd end up leaving us being more broken than we are now. Jose can fuck right off. I'll tell you how much I don't want him....I'd rather have BFS.

Although winning a trophy is incredibly difficult at the moment as Man City seem to want to hoover up every single piece of silverware going, I do think winning the FA Cup this season would do absolute wonders for our morale and stop the nervous breakdowns the entire forum are teetering on the edge of having. And I am speaking as someone who doesn't actually think the League Cup and FA Cup count for that much these days.

For that objective I think Mourinho is probably a good choice. His spell at Man Utd wasn't great but as OGS and their continued descent is demonstrating, the rot at that club goes a lot deeper than just the manager.

Mourinho? WTF he is literally everything Spurs stands for.

- In regards to attitude our legacy
- In regards playing style
- In regards to operational concept to the way our owners develop

I blame Sky Sports and the betting sites for even putting this rotten idea into the heads of Spurs supporters

As much as i dislike Maureen & while his time at Man U us regarded as a 'failure' he got them to an FA Cup final, runners up in the league, won the league cup & the Europa league and had a 57% win ratio.

I do think he is more trouble than he is worth though. And the media circus would be even worse than it is now.

Mourinho? WTF he is literally everything Spurs stands for.

- In regards to attitude our legacy
- In regards playing style
- In regards to operational concept to the way our owners develop

I blame Sky Sports and the betting sites for even putting this rotten idea into the heads of Spurs supporters
I *think* you may want to revisit your opening sentence? I suspect you might have meant to include "the antithesis of" in between "literally" and "everything"

He won the champions league with Porto when I was 9 years old. Perhaps the happiest I ever saw my dad. There was times I didn’t liked Jose but that faded way. I’m full on bring mou in. Perhaps a bad idea perhaps the greatest idea. I don’t know. But you all have to respect the men. Two Portuguese leagues, one Portuguese cup, two Europa leagues, two champions leagues, two Italian leagues, one Italian cup,three premier leagues, one fa cup, four league cups, one Spanish league, one Spanish cup... the goat manager

Watched that Ajax match.

I'll have Ten Haag thanks. The movement and expressive nature of their play was a joy to watch.

And someone go and fucking sign Van De Beek for us.

As much as i dislike Maureen & while his time at Man U us regarded as a 'failure' he got them to an FA Cup final, runners up in the league, won the league cup & the Europa league and had a 57% win ratio.

I do think he is more trouble than he is worth though. And the media circus would be even worse than it is now.
He also got a really shite United side to second place.

We ought to stop regarding his time there as a failure due to the opinions of entitled Man U fans.

we still did them though and that was with a 'serial loser', they were bigged up to have the best young team around. :pochbye:
We just about did them despite our much vaunted players. We were clear favourites and we were heading out until the 186th minute of the tie.

Since then Ajax have lost their big talents, yet have seamlessly brought in replacements and gave Valencia a right doing in their own stadium.

Mourinho will always leave the club in a mess but will achieve something whilst he’s there.

He said getting United to second was his greatest achievement. This is a man that has won it all. That United team is dog shit. He’s not lying.

If there was a clear succession plan for his inevitable departure (which has never happened before) where an assistant was groomed to take over allowing continuity or something, it might just work.

He’s a serial winner. With a point to prove that he’s not past it. It could just be what we need.

Turgid, defensive football is what he’s remembered for but that’s the building blocks. I’ve seen Jose teams dominate and be swashbuckling too.

Back
Top Bottom