Would you take Mourinho?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you take Mourinho as Poch replacement?

• Yes

Votes: 114 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 124 40.5%
  • Id rather shag my granny

Votes: 76 24.8%

• Total voters
Having shagged my Granny; only to see us win 3 on the bounce...

Would I have taken Mourinho?

Maybe. :cool:

No. His relationship with Levy from the off would be no doubt toxic and his football is dire. Without vast amounts of cash thrown we wouldn’t even be guaranteed any trophy for all the pain we would be put through.

If Poch leaves someone more stable like Rafa, Anchelotti, who are tactically astute and pragmatic without all the drama and will play attacking football given the right players.

I get Mourinho can be wonderful but he can also be a total disaster.

I have 2 mindsets on this.

1 - Pochettino is a much more modern manager than Mourinho. He wil bring through youngsters and has transformed us. We all want Poch to win a trophy with Tottenham. However I think he needs to adapt a bit. We peaked 2-3 years ago and seem to have not moved forward.

2. I think Mourinho would win something with these players. He is a serial winner, and will always find a way. Poch hasn’t won a trophy yet, and don’t think he’s sure how to until he does.

The only academy player Poch has "brought through" from never playing for us to being properly integrated, in 5 years is Winks.

I don't want Mourinho, but it wouldn't make much difference to our academy players, Mourinho probably gave more minutes to Utd's than Poch has to ours.

History will show trophies and honours, not the shit that was served up.

I often wonder about people's preoccupation with the proverbial history books.

Sure a history to be proud of is nice (I'm proud of ours AND notably the manner in which we achieved it), but isn't the ultimate aim of any source of ENTERTAINMENT for it to be enjoyable?

Depends if, as a fan, you're worried more about your enjoyment of the composite moments and the game itself opposed to bragging rights for another generation to revel in.

Personally speaking; fuck spending each season grinding one's teeth in anticipation of a (possible) moment of relief at the end of the season before hitting the re-set and starting it all over again the following August.

But he cannot work without money and he isn't getting any spending money with us. Nor do I actually want him. Anyone calling for poch's head please support another club. He's never had levy in his corner and even the money spent this season wasn't in the areas we lost players in nor in areas where we will have players leaving on a free. Agree he has made mistakes but so does every manager. They just have the game changers to cover it up. We don't.

That's nonsense!

Actual Dembele replacement: Ndombele.
Anticipated Rose replacement: Sessengon.
Anticipated Eriksen replacement: Lo Celso

Alderwiereld replacement(s) bought 2 years ago when it originally looked like he was off: Sanchez/Foyth.

Last edited:
Still no... No fucking way...

Never mind tonight; we could get spanked by Woolwich Ladies and it'd still be a huge, fuck off "no".

Non.
Nein.
Nee.
Jo.
Votch.
Yox.
Na.
Ne.
Nann.
M Hai.
Nej.
Ei.
Nom.
Lo.
Nahi.
Tidak.
A-nim-ni-da , A-ni-yo.
Nedda.
etc.

I'd rather chew off both my arms.

This thread, and the amount of zombie fans (no you are not supporters) who keep jumping on media campaigns are extremely tedious.

You do know, that these undermine the manager campaigns only are a wheel in the big machinery to create narratives for new stories, right?

I think some fans also follow us far to closely. Watch every game, every kick. Therefore completely disregard the past and the future. Its all about now.

Clearly there are alot of issues with the squad. But it would take any manager 3 or 4 windows to fix it. So why not just support the guy. Hes done it once, he can do it again.

Watched that Ajax match.

I'll have Ten Haag thanks. The movement and expressive nature of their play was a joy to watch.

And someone go and fucking sign Van De Beek for us.

As much as i dislike Maureen & while his time at Man U us regarded as a 'failure' he got them to an FA Cup final, runners up in the league, won the league cup & the Europa league and had a 57% win ratio.

I do think he is more trouble than he is worth though. And the media circus would be even worse than it is now.
He also got a really shite United side to second place.

We ought to stop regarding his time there as a failure due to the opinions of entitled Man U fans.

Jose can still fuck off. And we could be in league 1 and I’d still feel the same. He is a toxin. As I’ve said before, I’d rather have BFS than the Portuguese poison.

Mourinho has been mutinied out of practically every job he's held since Porto. He had twice the budget and the historical cache of United, and won the mickey mouse double. Now you want him to take over at a club you've all decided should accept nothing short of a league title?

Mourinho would be regression, he'd piss and moan and embarrass us in the press over Levy not giving him enough money, alienate what talent we do have left, maybe win a caribou on the way out and leave us with a disaster and no money to sort it out.

You want to flirt with relegation on a shoestring budget completely hamstrung by payments on stadium debt for the sake of this fucking clown winning a caribou cup? Fuck that.

That 3-1 defeat to wolves at Wembley, the way the players died on their arse in the last 20 was the first big warning sign. Thanks to the summer 18 non window, the squad was stretched beyond reason, accelerating the need for the rebuild even further.
That's the game I always look to as the start of the reversal in form. It was at a time where, when it happened I was literally shocked that when we went a goal behind we didn’t dominate the ball. I just wasn't used to it and couldn't comprehend what was happening. Wolves were the team who looked more likely to score even at 2 and 3-1.

I can't honestly say we've done anything but go backwards from there. Certainly not domestically.

Still don't want Mourinho.

Last edited:
Would I fuck take Mourinho, Short termism in the extreme. We'd win the league cup and then he'd end up leaving us being more broken than we are now. Jose can fuck right off. I'll tell you how much I don't want him....I'd rather have BFS.
You see playing hard to get can pay off.

WHAT!? You thought I was being serious? Cah, yeah right. As if I’d be wrong about him and change my mind 180 degrees in the space of 3 weeks. What do you take me for?

Fuck. No.

We aren’t winning the title with Mourinho and he’s not worth a League Cup. It would set us back 5 years after he inevitably was sacked 18 months in.

No way, I think he has lost whatever he had when he was successful and would drag Spurs down with his Machiavellian behaviour witnessed in his second spell at Chelsea and recently at Man United - don’t want to see young players ignored, horrific football, millions wasted in transfer fees/wages and players regressing at an alarming rate.
Steer clear.

Parrott Skipp and KWP might suggest they’re not getting a fair crack of the whip as would Lucas

Back
Top Bottom