Would you take Mourinho?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you take Mourinho as Poch replacement?

• Yes

Votes: 114 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 124 40.5%
  • Id rather shag my granny

Votes: 76 24.8%

• Total voters
Mourinho is a grade A cunt and his style of football is somehow worse than his despicable personality, he would summon a grey cloud over this beautiful club and tarnish all that Poch has built. Be careful what you wish for folks, be careful what you wish for.

ccelebritiesfotoGIF-Jose-Mourinho-taunts.gif

No he's a fucking cunt. He's loved by Chelsea fans, he turned us down for them, has always looked down his nose at us. Now he's on the scrap heap he's interested. Well fuck him.

No, Mourinho isn't going to solve the gripes I have with Pochettino - he's hardly renowned for creating dressing harmony either.

I want a coach with a proactive ethos. I also want one that would recognise when and how it's more prudent to develop a young player than play a more senior fucknugget - often out of position, a position the kid has been playing for 10 years or so.

I also want a coach that doesn't spend every week whining about how his 8m job isn't as good Jurgen's.

Mourinho isn't going to be that guy.

Last edited:
Can't imagine he would have us playing worse football than we already do. For one thing, our defence would be a lot better. Also, there's no way he would tolerate some of the terrible attitudes in our squad at present.

If he does I bet they make top 4 at our expense.

But lets not take him because he's ex-Chelsea....

We had Gallas and Adebayor play for us, surely Mourinho is nothing compared to that?

Rolling up at Woolwich with Gallas as our captain for the 3-2 win was one of the greatest troll moments in the history of football. If someone wants to work for Tottenham then their history doesn't matter.

Well I’m not too bothered about trophies (who’d be a Spurs fan if you were) but I do care about the style of football we play. Yes, I’m aware we’re not getting that under Poch at the moment, but I feel that appointing Mourinho would be cutting some links from our past. I also understand people want to win trophies, but, for me, not at the expense of our identity. There are the romantic reasons, but from a cold, hard nosed viewpoint, does anyone actually think Mourinho could get us playing well, with flair, on the budget he’s likely to be on? I don’t.

If Poch does go, the next appointment is likely to be an up and coming young manager - and if you’ll be happy with that, fair enough, but forget about Simeone, Allegri, Benitez, Mourinho and the rest. They won’t even get interviewed. Christ, some people were advocating Hassenhutl a few weeks ago.

You see playing hard to get can pay off.

WHAT!? You thought I was being serious? Cah, yeah right. As if I’d be wrong about him and change my mind 180 degrees in the space of 3 weeks. What do you take me for?
I'm going to play the female card yet again, woman's prerogative to change her mind
:mourthumb:

He's wanted a piece of us since we played Real with Bale. I reckon he thinks he's now got something to prove with a team that can't buy success - and he's probably right, but we'd be getting him when he's on the wane (IMO) so i would be very wary. I've never liked him, but at least to begin with he won big things. Now, he's bad tempered, still a wanker, and not winning so much.

I do feel he's lurking though, so it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility. Don't think i'd like it that much.

No. Two reasons. 1. the man's a prick. 2. It would have to be huge, epic wins to make the crap football worth it - PL, CL rather than FA cup, CC, Europa League, and I'm not convinced he'd achieve that nowadays. I could see us sneaking a few trophies with him but it's not worth it IMHO.

People forget levy tried hard to sign him back in 2007 when he was a much bigger name than the club. Don’t fool yourselves if you think Jose wouldn’t gladly take the job. He needs to prove himself again.

He is no longer special. Football has moved on. Having said that if he was in charge of our CL final against Liverpool we would have won it. One off games/finals he knows how to prepare and organise a team to win, he is one of the best ever to do that

Wherever he goes he tries to mindfuck everyone. That's the biggest issue with him, that and his sulky moods. No thanks

Hiring Mourinho now would be like employing George Graham back in the day.

The biggest spending manager in the worlf going to the club that spends fuck all.

Wouldn't that be fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom