Would you strike against Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you be willing to not show up to your seat in protest of the clubs current behaviour?

• Yes

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 60.0%

• Total voters
the fanbase is too split for anything to really work... Pro-AVB anti-AVB, pro-Sherwood anti-Sherwood, pro-Levy anti-Levy. It's all fucked

This is all seeming a bit pathetic, I know..

What do we have to cry and bitch about?
- Yid chanting, our clubs hands are tied until court is over.
- Stubhub, fair enough. But is it worth discussing a protest?
- Transfer policy. Right, okay. Lets get into this a bit. We average about say 26 home games a year, most sell out, so for arguments sake we'll make it £40 x 36,000. Makes, 1,440,000 x 26 = £37,440,00.
Chuck in £40,000,000 more for TV rights and we're left with £80,000,000.

Once you chuck in maybe £5,000,000 for merchandise per year, then £20,000,000 for sponsorships.
We have an income of possibly £105,000,000 a year.

Once you take out wages you are left with very little, if anything i'd say we are losing money per year.

I was frankly amazed we re invested the Bale money, I thought it would of been earmarked for the new stadium.

I would say im Pro ENIC yes, but i've just seen the shit that other owners have caused and im glad we are sitting a few points off fourth and still in the Europa league. We're coming accoss like Spoilt cunts that need a few minutes (Seasons) on the naughty step before we behave.

This is all seeming a bit pathetic, I know..

What do we have to cry and bitch about?
- Yid chanting, our clubs hands are tied until court is over.
- Stubhub, fair enough. But is it worth discussing a protest?
- Transfer policy. Right, okay. Lets get into this a bit. We average about say 26 home games a year, most sell out, so for arguments sake we'll make it £40 x 36,000. Makes, 1,440,000 x 26 = £37,440,00.
Chuck in £40,000,000 more for TV rights and we're left with £80,000,000.

Once you chuck in maybe £5,000,000 for merchandise per year, then £20,000,000 for sponsorships.
We have an income of possibly £105,000,000 a year.

Once you take out wages you are left with very little, if anything i'd say we are losing money per year.

I was frankly amazed we re invested the Bale money, I thought it would of been earmarked for the new stadium.

I would say im Pro ENIC yes, but i've just seen the shit that other owners have caused and im glad we are sitting a few points off fourth and still in the Europa league. We're coming accoss like Spoilt cunts that need a few minutes (Seasons) on the naughty step before we behave.
can't disagree with any of that.

Stubhub isn't going away anytime soon, the club know the majority of fans hate it but they don't give a fuck about us as they've proven time and time again.

I'm so disillusioned with football atm that I can't be bothered to protest about anything (except the 'yid' thing), as I can't see anything changing.

I'd be happy with a few seasons on the "naughty step" with Spurs, might bring the fun back into it.

The only thing at the moment that we need to be protesting about is Stubhub and we should not stop fighting that

The club can't do much about the yid thing, they have to be seen as co-operating with the Metropolitan Police. I just wish the defended us a bit more on the issue

I have little qualms with the transfer policy this year, we lost our star player in the summer and we re-invested that into the playing squad whereas previously we haven't done that. I don't want us to become another Leeds or Portsmouth and as things are now we probably won't.

ENIC are pretty much like every other owner in football now and that they're main priority is making money for themselves, I believe ENIC will sell up in the next 5-10 years to some Arab billionaire as that is where football is going now and when that happens we will be moaning about that. In my history of being a Spurs fan the fanbase have always been divided about the board, I imagine that is the case everywhere else. Welcome to modern football

Alright you cunts. I've set the deal up. I'm buying Spurs in a Glazer-style leveraged buy-out. I'm putting up $500, they're putting up the remaining 650m pounds, and then we're going to transfer all of that debt to Spurs' balance sheet. We gotta keep up with the Joneses.

Instead of the Star Wars intro we're going to be piping in the Star Spangled Banner over the audio systems. But we're going to let you have your drum back, we're giving stubhub the boot, and we're going to trial a safe standing section of the stadium.

The only thing at the moment that we need to be protesting about is Stubhub and we should not stop fighting that

The club can't do much about the yid thing, they have to be seen as co-operating with the Metropolitan Police. I just wish the defended us a bit more on the issue

I have little qualms with the transfer policy this year, we lost our star player in the summer and we re-invested that into the playing squad whereas previously we haven't done that. I don't want us to become another Leeds or Portsmouth and as things are now we probably won't.

ENIC are pretty much like every other owner in football now and that they're main priority is making money for themselves, I believe ENIC will sell up in the next 5-10 years to some Arab billionaire as that is where football is going now and when that happens we will be moaning about that. In my history of being a Spurs fan the fanbase have always been divided about the board, I imagine that is the case everywhere else. Welcome to modern football
Pretty much my views, and why I voted no on the poll.

Hypothetically, if things did get to a much worse level, under ENIC or any other owners, it would still be one of my last methods of protest. Ultimately, someone else would just take the seat, so the only person losing out is me.

36,200 without stubhub 35,800 or so with stubhub. I've used it to get non members tkts it does work. I have stood, Sat in the Park Lane, Shelf and Paxton over the last 40 years but like life you can't escape where we are. Rocking WHL around the ground has gone. Anyone want to swap their South Stand with mine in the Paxton blk 20 row 21?

Let's form a splinter club...
:adeninja:

we could call it... HOTSPUR 1882!!
:adegrin2:

....so who's in?
:ade::adebaehug:

....ah, hang on... who's got 11 full strips?
:adeohshit:

....don't s'pose anyone's got a ball and £500 Billion spare have they?
:adestare:

I started my own personal protest at the start of last season (2012-2013) when i decided £50 was my cut-off point for tickets. I have only attended two Cat A games in that time (Chelsea this year - but only as it was part of a 4 game package).

My Cat As have been replaced with Cat 1882s - 10% of the cost but 10X the fun.
I've done the same thing starting last season. I'm not prepared to spend £50 on a match ticket anymore! Chelsea at home last year - the atmosphere was diabolical for what I personally consider the biggest game of the season. The fans in that game were so fickle. Me and my friend were singing at 0-0, when we were down etc, but no-one fancied joining in. As soon as a goal was scored for us, or we went 2-1 in the lead, I'm not joking EVERY fucker in the south stand fancied a sing-a-long.

I have much better things to spend my money on than to line the pockets of millionaires in the boardroom who don't actually give a shit about the supporters. I'm going to be harsh here, but too many Spurs fans are critical of the ticketing policy but don't do anything about it.

This is an unfortunate state of affairs, as I don't really feel apart of the club anymore. I'm only another digit on a financial review. A customer.

Assemble protesters outside WHL on a match day. Bring banners. Make noise. Demonstrate by the StubHub queue. Fight the police.

That's your best bet as far as getting the club and media's attention. A strike (or at least a noticeable one) isn't possible to pull off. Internet campaigning is invisible and a false hope. Take it to the streets.
I think you'll find that it's 'Da Streetz' actually

If there was a protest what is the aim?

Is it to simply remove Stub-Hub? If so, then absolutely, without question. Otherwise, what? Some fans don't sing, others bitch and moan....should we protest against them?

Any kind of protest during a game (turning back, wearing masks - strange one, that, or total silence) only fails to support the team, in my opinion.

All forms of protest have to have a goal. I'm not sure, anything other than the removal of Stub-Hub, is worthy of protesting.

If there was a protest what is the aim?

Is it to simply remove Stub-Hub? If so, then absolutely, without question. Otherwise, what? Some fans don't sing, others bitch and moan....should we protest against them?

Any kind of protest during a game (turning back, wearing masks - strange one, that, or total silence) only fails to support the team, in my opinion.

All forms of protest have to have a goal. I'm not sure, anything other than the removal of Stub-Hub, is worthy of protesting.

I deliberately left it vague as I wanted to guage opinion. There's a lot of finger pointing going on at lots of different things:
  • Stubhub
  • Lack of atmosphere
  • Levy
  • ENIC - Lack of communication
  • Y-Word
  • Ticket Prices
To name a few. On all the above there has been some strong views banded around by different people on the forum, so there real point was to see if genuinely anyone actually feels strongly enough to want to do something about one or more of these topics or if it's all just venting.

The pod this week made a really good point about how a visible action would need to be made to even get the owners of the club to recognise that there was a problem in one of these areas. So I guess the second point to this topic would as what would that be?

Then I would say there are only two viable ones; Stub-Hub and lack of communication.

Ticket prices are hefty but then we know we have a tiny ground by comparisons to many. Y-word, that's a law issues. Levy? Maybe but can't see how Levy going will change a great deal, Lewis is still instrumental. Lack of atmosphere is our responsibility. We have too many Johnny Come Lately's....too many who think the players should create the atmosphere....go to The Brittania, what's to cheer? Fuck knows but they do...

But the top two - I agree 100%

Plenty of things to complain about, but at the same time it could be a hell of a lot worse.

I genuinely hope that our club is well run enough so that we never have to resort to such 'last resort' means.

Back
Top Bottom