Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Toby-Sanchez-Jan
Sissoko-Eriksen-Winks-Lo Celso-Davies
Kane-Son

I'm a bit of a shoulder shrug at this point but we need a midfield and better support in the back. I would be pretty okay with this given the circumstances. This big question mark is Eriksen - I think we NEED TO PLAY HIM because otherwise:

Toby-Sanchez-Jan
Sissoko-Dier-Winks-Davies
Lamela-Kane-Son

Well if we do play as badly as you predict it will solve the constipation problem because we shall have the shit kicked out of us :thumbup:
Let's wait and see what Sunday brings before we bring down the doom and gloom curtain completely. :coys:
And even if we lose, it's only 4 games into the season. Plenty of time for Poch to do his stuff, hopefully.

Ok Poch, I know you get on here for game advice. I'm going to the beach this weekend and if we don't win this game my whole trip will be ruined, so pay close attention, especially to the midfield.

Hugo
Toby-Sanchez-Jan
Dier-Winks-Dele-Ndombele-Rose
Kane-Son
That will confuse them. Having Rose in midfield. I certainly confuses me!

I know we are playing badly and have been since last season but this scum side isn't all that either. It will be low quality all round and just a matter of who wants it more

Saying that it will be as drab scrappy 1-1 draw.

Reckon Aurier should play but it'll have to be this.

-----------------------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------------------------
-------------------Sanchez--------------Alderweireld--------------Vertonghen-----------------
-----Sissoko----------------Winks------------------------Ndombele------------------Rose------
----------------------------------------------Eriksen-------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------Kane-----------------------Son---------------------------------------

It will be :

-----------------------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------------------------
-------------------Sanchez--------------Alderweireld--------------Vertonghen-----------------
-----Sissoko----------------Winks------------------------Ndombele------------------Rose------
----------------------------------------------Eriksen-------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------Kane-----------------------Son---------------------------------------
It won't, Ndombele's crocked

Looks Ndombele and KWP aren't available, and doesnt look like Aurier is involved (although I hope he is)

Could see us going 3 at the back with Sissoko to wing back and Dier into midfield along Winks.

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Dier
Winks - Lo Celso
Eriksen - Kane - Son

Gazzaniga, Sanchez, Davies, Sissoko, Dele, Lamela, Lucas
Hopefully Aurier is fit. Go with a proper defensive mid, then Lo Celso and Winks to dictate play. Eriksen to supply Kane and Son. Gives us 3 attacking options off the bench.

Looks Ndombele and KWP aren't available, and doesnt look like Aurier is involved (although I hope he is)

Could see us going 3 at the back with Sissoko to wing back and Dier into midfield along Winks.

No chance Aurier is involved, he hasn't played since February and we are trying to sell him before Monday. It's possible he may make a token appearance on the bench but zero chance of him starting the game. He's rubbish anyway.

Sissoko seems like the best option for RB, we need someone with pace. Dier would struggle there and he'd be more useful in the middle.

No chance Aurier is involved, he hasn't played since February and we are trying to sell him before Monday. It's possible he may make a token appearance on the bench but zero chance of him starting the game. He's rubbish anyway.

Sissoko seems like the best option for RB, we need someone with pace. Dier would struggle there and he'd be more useful in the middle.
This what annoys me.. Aurier should be playing. He is a right back, we need a right back. He may not always perform well, but he wasn't any worse than Trippier last season. He was brilliant vs Dortmund last season and has played well vs Liverpool against Salah in his first season.

Sissoko would work as wing back, not sure he would as a fullback.

This what annoys me.. Aurier should be playing. He is a right back, we need a right back. He may not always perform well, but he wasn't any worse than Trippier last season. He was brilliant vs Dortmund last season and has played well vs Liverpool against Salah in his first season.

Sissoko would work as wing back, not sure he would as a fullback.

You’re taking about one match that was 6 months ago and another that was almost 2 years ago. If the transfer window was closed and he was still here perhaps he’d get a chance, but we want to sell him, he wants to go and there are clubs trying to buy him before Monday.

You’re taking about one match that was 6 months ago and another that was almost 2 years ago. If the transfer window was closed and he was still here perhaps he’d get a chance, but we want to sell him, he wants to go and there are clubs trying to buy him before Monday.
I appreciate that, but wouldn't you rather a natural right back playing at right back than a centre mid playing at right back?

Dier or Alderweireld could fill in there as they have experience, arguably you could slot Rose in there and have Davies left back.

Back
Top Bottom