Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur 2/12/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Part of me wonders if Hugo still has the motivation after the summer. Plus the added fact if he is fit then he plays. Never a good scenario

thats pretty much the scenario everywhere. a clearly defined first choice who plays if fit.
Its very rare that clubs drop their first choice over form issues.

Definite tactical naivety by Poch today. Son was making great runs all across Mustafi and the back line in the first half; the clear impetus for us going ahead.

Then, at the beginning of the 2nd half, Poch moved Dele to be furthest forward and stuck Son out on the right wing. Our attack became slow, lethargic, and unfocused. Son barely had a touch. These, along with mental errors and a strong push on the front foot and pressing by them compounded our efforts and left us lacking the bite to stay in the match.

It's been obvious all season that they are a 2nd half team, and Poch switching things around at halftime only fed into their tactical switches with Ramsey and Lacazette. Torreira bossed the midfield, and we were left wanting without the ball.

Why do we always turn to shit in these games?
We had them at half time...

Then we turn into a gooey 14 year old girl inside Jimmy Saville's Rolls Royce...
Prepared to suck on any old rancid cock, and not think anything of it, until it's too late!

We disgust me sometimes!
:dembelewtf:

Only positive I can take from today is this:

When I was a kid growing up in the 2000s, those lot beating us was almost a procedure. They'd celebrate it, sure, but let's be honest, it was almost a procession, so much so that they got complacent about it, and what almost irritated me more than them winning was how blasé they were about the whole thing.

Look at them today. It was the loudest I've heard the Emirates maybe ever, red flares being set off, players ripping off shirts to celebrate. Make no mistake, this is one of their biggest results for a long, long time, and that just goes to show what a threat we have become. We're no longer the noisy neighbours who roll over for a satisfying three points every season- we are the real deal, and you could see how much it meant to them today. While that hurts now, in the long-term it's healthy for the rivalry, and I do genuinely believe it is the best, most fierce, most entertaining rivalry in British football.

Other than that... yeah, it was fucking shit, but onwards and upwards- I'd have taken two wins out of three v Chelsea, Inter and Arse if you'd offered me it last Saturday. Bouncing back against Southampton in what is sure to be a pretty subdued atmosphere at Wembley midweek is vital.

The way those cunts celebrated shows how far they have fallen and how much they fear us - you would have thought they had won the world cup. How the tides have turned in spite of today's result. COYS.

Back
Top Bottom