Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur 2/12/18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Couple of things to be considered. Those of you that have been on here long enough should know that I will chase you off here with vengeance and fury if you show your colours as a racist, I can't abide any of you. (I can make exceptions in extreme cases but this is largely education and age-related contexts and takes us into a completely different and deep dive debate about racism, still not tolerated on any level, just in some contexts may be understandable, but this isn't the road we should go down over this).

On the face of it, it looks diabolical. This simply isn't seen at football in England anymore, it makes the news still in Europe and Eastern Europe just not here in UK. The person that did this has brought shame on to us the fans and The Club. Ban the cunt for life.

Now, take a deep breath, calm down and apply some objectivity to this situation. There is a possibility that this wasn't an act of racism, it was an act of hatred born out of a Derby with our most hated rivals. If what was thrown was a coin, a lighter, a plastic cup whatever the accusations would be completely different. As too if the person scoring wasn't black if Holding had scored and this same bloke chucked his banana skin at him what would people make of that? A final thing to be considered, I think whenever I've seen these acts of racism before it's usually the whole banana that gets chucked, I've not seen an eaten one and just the skin thrown, had it not been eaten then there it might be easier to say it was pre-meditated.

To add even more layers to this, our players had stuff chucked at them by the scum following Diers goal and whilst the handbags were swinging thereafter, I suggest that their rage was exactly the same rage felt by the bloke in our end, chuck the nearest thing to you, or the thing that happens to be in your hand or pocket at the time, a sandwich, coin, apple or a banana.

I say again, I have zero tolerance for racists and please do not confuse my post as looking for excuses, but just saying sometimes things aren't all that they seem, rival fans and press have presented it as racial and everyone has gone with this.

At least the bloke has been caught, from there and from CCTV it should hopefully be straightforward, maybe he accompanied chucking it with racist language too, if so then piece of piss, he's banged to rights and banned from our club, beautiful, justice is served and that's one less of them in our ranks.

We have to be humble in defeat, don’t give them any more ammo than they already have. When you walk into work tomorrow just say ‘you deserved it, well played’ and you won’t hear shit all day.

And to be fair they did, move on from it and look to regroup. We have very winnable fixtures for the next few weeks so we’ll be above them again soon.

Last night I thought about this.

If you could have any one current Spurs player to score the goal that wins us the league or cup, who would it be?

I was between -

Kane - for obvious reasons. He deserves to be the one to have that title.

Winks - He bleeds Spurs.

Sissoko - Probably only because of recent form.

Vertonghen - Super Jan.

Lamela for me. He's been through hell and he's that one big memorable goal away from being a true hero.

I'd LOVE for him to net the winner at the weekend. Off the bench and set up by Sissoko.

To any idiot blaming Mike Dean...

He didn't drop Toby for Foyth
He didn't make our full backs give them the scope of both wings
He didn't make Vertonghen play like a spastic
He didn't wave a wand that made us collapse after 50 minutes
He didn't make Sissoko revert to the form of the last couple of years
He didn't force us to wait till the 75th minute to change things

He called two penalties and the red card correctly, the yellows too as far as I remember.

We were schooled because, bar 15 minutes, we were shit. Take it on the chin

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the only game Verts and Foyth have started together was Newport County. A massive mistake in a big game like today.

If Poch had played an ill/tired/not fully fit Alderwiereld and we lost due to defence frailties, how many would have moaned about why we played an ill/tired/not fully fit Alderwiereld when we had a fully fit Foyth on the bench.?

Back
Top Bottom