Woolwich (H) - The Gallas Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

P0185_zps2018dfe1.png

I think it's quoted somewhere on this thread the Walcott has scored more of a percentage of arsenals goals than bale has of tottenham's. Yet he's no way near him on the list of goals that won points.

So does this mean he's one of those players who will forge a career of scoring the 3rd or 4th goals in a rout but when it comes to actually being relied upon to win tricky games he's useless?

Actually, that's probably more of a rhetorical question

I think it's quoted somewhere on this thread the Walcott has scored more of a percentage of arsenals goals than bale has of tottenham's. Yet he's no way near him on the list of goals that won points.

So does this mean he's one of those players who will forge a career of scoring the 3rd or 4th goals in a rout but when it comes to actually being relied upon to win tricky games he's useless?

There ye go, not more but damn close. [edit-it is more, what the feck was I reading :avbfacepalm:]

@SpursStatMan Spurs Stat Man.

Bale has accounted for 21.3% of Spurs' total goals and assists this season in the PL.
Walcott accounts for 22.1% of Woolwich's. One man team?

Walcott is excellent at scoring meaningless goals

EDIT - 'meaningless' is harsh; all goals are beneficial, just decisive ones more-so than others.

Well done, you two - cue a Walnut hat-trick on Sunday
I rated that funny, but it's funny because it's true :vdvcry:

On another note, if Ade does score this weekend, he'll be approaching Rafa's record against them lot no? He's got 2 goals and 1 assist in 3 games. What was Rafa's? 3 goals and 1 assist in 4 games?

I rated that funny, but it's funny because it's true :vdvcry:

On another note, if Ade does score this weekend, he'll be approaching Rafa's record against them lot no? He's got 2 goals and an assist in 3 games. What was Rafa's? 3 goals and 1 assist in 4 games?

Didn't Rafa score twice in the 3-3? Last season at home and the penalty in the 3-2. Not sure about assists.

Not sure about Rafa's stats but the double nutmeg on Simple Jack carries 10 karma points whereas Ade didn't even silence their fans when he scored last time :vdvshh:

Only got to look at our hammering at their place. He scored when the game was all over, not the equaliser, the 2nd or the 3rd.
Exactly; the game I was thinking of when writing that post. The reason is simple. He's very, very fast and a decent finisher in right central positions. Perfect for picking off a Newcastle side at the Emirates desperately searching for goals, but not for picking open a tight knit defence when the scores are level.

Pretty sure Bale has 4 in NLDs. The FK in 2007, the second in Danny Rose's game, the 1st in the 3-2 comeback, and the consolation in the most recent one.

Pretty sure Bale has 4 in NLDs. The FK in 2007, the second in Danny Rose's game, the 1st in the 3-2 comeback, and the consolation in the most recent one.

What made Rafa's record so good imo was the goal per game ratio.

I think I might self-combust if Bale smashes one in from 25 yards on Sunday

Back
Top Bottom