Woolwich (H) - The Gallas Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

After 27 matches of the 2011-12 season Chelsea got rid of André Villas-Boas.

After 27 matches of the 2012-13 season, André Villas-Boas' Tottenham Hotspur overtook Chelsea into third place in the Premier League Table.

After 27 matches of the 2011-12 season Chelsea got rid of André Villas-Boas.

After 27 matches of the 2012-13 season, André Villas-Boas' Tottenham Hotspur overtook Chelsea into third place in the Premier League Table.

That's a nice parallel for my chelsea colleague to hear today, as he sulks about Benitez

I think fixture-by-fixture compared to last season we're 3 points ahead
Fixture-by-fixture obscures last year's second half swoon. Now that the season is 2/3 done, I'm more interested in game week-by-game week. If we don't leapfrog last year soon, we might be in trouble.

Fixture-by-fixture obscures last year's second half swoon. Now that the season is 2/3 done, I'm more interested in game week-by-game week. If we don't leapfrog last year soon, we might be in trouble.

Fairs dos - but wouldn't you consider the opponents in each game week?

Here's a table since our last defeat in December

P0184_zps4608c82d.png

Walcott is going to line up on the right wing, and he's going to be a fuckin problem. If Scotty does his "hey check this shit out I'm about to go up here and run right into a defender" thing Walnut will fuck some shit up.

_______________Lloris________________
_Walker___Gallas____Vertonghen___Benny_
_____________Livermore_______________
________Holtby_____Dembele__________
_Lennon___________________Bale________
____________Adebayor________________
Im actually gonna change my starting XI. 4-2-3-1 with Parker in for Livermore, and Dempsey (if fit) in for Holtby. Dempsey on the Left tracking Walcott back, and Bale doing whatever the fuck he wants. Holtby becomes a great spark off the bench.

270213102517.png

One question... why is it just The Gallas Derby, and not 'The Ade Derby'... or The Aderby as I like to say? or was he just TOO obvious?

:gallashmm: :adestare: :adegrin: :gallas:

Fairs dos - but wouldn't you consider the opponents in each game week?
My point was very pedestrian. The fact that we passed Chelsea in November last season is indicative of how insanely we were playing back then (since most people here buy into the theory that AVB was not a worse manager than di Matteo).

So now what's left to ensure that this season is better than last are things like "finish with more points". The way we do that is both by beating our total last year fixture-by-fixture and by not repeating last season's late season swoon (gw-by-gw). These are mathematically the same thing (at the end of both seasons in question), but fixture-by-fixture assumes that matches are independent events, and I don't think that's at all true. I do believe the order in which we play the matches matters, since injuries and form influence our performance on the pitch.

As a result, to me it will mean something when we pass our gw-by-gw total for last year, since it will mean that we've done that without having last season's insane autumn, which is a testament to how great this season has been, and it will further mean that we're still chugging along when last season we were swooning.

Both of those are narratively valuable, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom