Wolves (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking Hell! I'm exhausted, don't have the energy to break that down. Suffice to say this:

HUGO FUCKING LLORIS BRILLIANT!!!!
Lamela best outfield player.
No one should blame Foyth - he was totally sold down the river by Tripps

Worst game I've seen Winks ever play - lightweight.

Keiran Trippier you are the weakest link - Good Bye. You are an utter liability.

Congratulations to Wolves, thought you were fucking excellent, a proper quality team that's come up from the Championship, you make so many teams look pathetic. Well played.

Want to congratulate Poch, with no Dier, Wanyama, Dembele you still managed to conjure up us getting over the line today, you are a fucking genius. Oh for those that question Dier's role, have a look and just see the steel and stability he bring to the side, don't question it again.

Up The Spurs!

Yes a big shout for Hugo after the recent shitstorm

MOM for me

Made some top class saves

Fucking Hell! I'm exhausted, don't have the energy to break that down. Suffice to say this:

HUGO FUCKING LLORIS BRILLIANT!!!!
Lamela best outfield player.
No one should blame Foyth - he was totally sold down the river by Tripps

Worst game I've seen Winks ever play - lightweight.

Keiran Trippier you are the weakest link - Good Bye. You are an utter liability.

Congratulations to Wolves, thought you were fucking excellent, a proper quality team that's come up from the Championship, you make so many teams look pathetic. Well played.

Want to congratulate Poch, with no Dier, Wanyama, Dembele you still managed to conjure up us getting over the line today, you are a fucking genius. Oh for those that question Dier's role, have a look and just see the steel and stability he bring to the side, don't question it again.

Up The Spurs!
Lloris was man of the match, but I thought Toby had a good game.

Isn't Serge better that Trippier!

The problem is Poch won't drop players easily

I'm sorry but if he isn't dropped after today's performance then there's no hope.

Luckily we will see Aurier against PSV and hopefully he keeps his place from there.

Oh fuck off with that shit

As usual his end product was next to useless, but he did throw himself about to good effect in the last 20. Pressed well and did his best as a destroyer.

When’s Vertonghen due back? We’re desperately missing him.

Anyway, general thoughts on the game...Wolves are a decent team. Some sloppy errors let them back in, but we held our nerve. Sometimes holding out under pressure counts for a lot more in the long term than cruising to a 3-0 win. Didn’t do my nerves any favours, but I’m berry berry happy with that result.

I thought Lamela’s goal was class, and the build up to Moura’s goal was superb. Great to see Kane get his (ultimately match-winning) goal. Plenty to be pleased about.

Sad for Dembele. If that injury doesn’t force Levy to splash out on a quality CM in January, nothing will.

As much as I like Winks, I just don't think he is good enough, at least for the time being, to be relied upon to control the midfield or offer any protection. And Sissoko is not reliable for anything. We desperately need to sort out our midfield and our fullback situations asap. We are getting away with it big time.

As usual his end product was next to useless, but he did throw himself about to good effect in the last 20. Pressed well and did his best as a destroyer.

When’s Vertonghen due back? We’re desperately missing him.

Anyway, general thoughts on the game...Wolves are a decent team. Some sloppy errors let them back in, but we held our nerve. Sometimes holding out under pressure counts for a lot more in the long term than cruising to a 3-0 win. Didn’t do my nerves any favours, but I’m berry berry happy with that result.

I thought Lamela’s goal was class, and the build up to Moura’s goal was superb. Great to see Kane get his (ultimately match-winning) goal. Plenty to be pleased about.

Sad for Dembele. If that injury doesn’t force Levy to splash out on a quality CM in January, nothing will.
Which quality CM can we sign in January though? We’d have to pay a premium. This could have easily been done in the summer

he DID NOT HAVE A SHIT GAME!

for both pens the boy got his foot on the ball

The rest of his game was was either adequate or excellent

Key moments make games, a striker who does sod all for most of the 90 but scores twice had a good match. Reverse with defenders making errors leading to goals.

Foyth looks like a good young player for the most part and will get much better but both pens were pretty clear cut,though he was NOT helped by poor cover and I blame Trippier for no. 1 most of all. But let’s not delude ourselves. Baptism of fire and we move on.

As much as I like Winks, I just don't think he is good enough, at least for the time being, to be relied upon to control the midfield or offer any protection. And Sissoko is not reliable for anything. We desperately need to sort out our midfield and our fullback situations asap. We are getting away with it big time.

Are you Blakey’s apprentice?

We need Eriksen and Dele back. Sissoko is a dead end period

WInks wasn't too bad, average
But Sissoko was out of position and hiding
And yes we need to recruit in January but a ready made player to play straight away

Phew!! Don't like making it easy do we?

I don't want to see trippier near the first 11 for a while. Cruising at 3-0 and he decides to nut meg an opponent by his own box. He was woeful against city, seemed to have regained compusure in the first half tonight and then second half is all over the place.

Lloris was outstanding tonight. The second half showed we lack leaders on the pitch, foyth gave the pens away but actually had a decent premier league debut.

Hope dembele is not out for too long.

Oh well three points and three off the top, strange season!

Back
Top Bottom