Wolves (A)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any reason why this is a 7:45p kick? With the US not on standard time yet, this is a 3:45p kick for us on the East Coast, which feel weird on a Saturday.

NOW WHAT EXCUSE WILL I USE TO DRINK AT 9 IN THE MORNING. THANKS ENGLAND.

Just realised they've lost their last 2 games in the league and haven't scored in any of them. I hope Poch is studying those games to see what caused them problems. In fact, checking out the league table is general, they don't see to score many goals at all. Just 9 goals in the opening 10 games so far, which is no more than West Ham, Cardiff, Newcastle, Huddersfield, Southampton or Palace.

However, they've only conceded 9 goals (with 3 of those coming in their last 2 games). Only City, Liverpool, Chelsea and us have better defensive records. Will be a very very tough game, they did draw away at Old Trafford and also drew with Man City.
Watford spanked them ( 2 early goals) - I heard Brighton just defended which we wont do. Wolves had 25 shots

Any reason why this is a 7:45p kick? With the US not on standard time yet, this is a 3:45p kick for us on the East Coast, which feel weird on a Saturday.

NOW WHAT EXCUSE WILL I USE TO DRINK AT 9 IN THE MORNING. THANKS ENGLAND.
PL & SKY agreed to move it from Sunday to give us time to rest for Tuesday - other teams will go mad at special treatment but in reality the PL & Sky are over the moon as they are trying to get Saturday Evening as a time.

PL & SKY agreed to move it from Sunday to give us time to rest for Tuesday - other teams will go mad at special treatment but in reality the PL & Sky are over the moon as they are trying to get Saturday Evening as a time.
Special treatment? We already played 2 matches in 48 hours, seems like a no brainer to let us play Saturday with Europe on Tuesday.

Thanks for the info.

Special treatment? We already played 2 matches in 48 hours, seems like a no brainer to let us play Saturday with Europe on Tuesday.

Thanks for the info.
That was special treatment that let us change the game from Sunday to the Monday - we cant complain one bit about the 2 matches in 48 hours as this was all due to us fucking up (first with the stadium and then replacement not being available).

as per prem rules

No Club shall have or enter into a ground-sharing agreement in respect of its

Stadium unless the agreement contains legally enforceable provisions to the effect
that:
K.4.1. the playing of the Club’s League Matches at the Stadium shall always take
precedence over the activities of the other party to the agreement; and
K.4.2. the Club shall have the ability to postpone other activities scheduled to
take place on the pitch in the 48 hours immediately preceding the kick-off
of a League Match where, in the reasonable opinion of the Club, there is a
risk that such activity might result in the subsequent postponement or
abandonment of the League Match.

That might be a harsh assessment Arcy. Let’s not forget Lamela was out for over a year and has been the greatest return since Jesus popped out from behind a rock. Or something.

Think Wanyama is just going to require some patience unfortunately.
Signs when he has played are worrying - Lamela was basically out in one long stint

Our game against Leicester next month is also a Saturday 7.45 KO.

Thanks for the info.
Could have given us the 12.30 slot on Saturday. Oh no given that to MU to allow their fans easy travel back to London.

That was special treatment that let us change the game from Sunday to the Monday - we cant complain one bit about the 2 matches in 48 hours as this was all due to us fucking up (first with the stadium and then replacement not being available).

as per prem rules

No Club shall have or enter into a ground-sharing agreement in respect of its

Stadium unless the agreement contains legally enforceable provisions to the effect
that:
K.4.1. the playing of the Club’s League Matches at the Stadium shall always take
precedence over the activities of the other party to the agreement; and
K.4.2. the Club shall have the ability to postpone other activities scheduled to
take place on the pitch in the 48 hours immediately preceding the kick-off
of a League Match where, in the reasonable opinion of the Club, there is a
risk that such activity might result in the subsequent postponement or
abandonment of the League Match.
No I realize its the clubs fault for the latest 48 hour issue, I'm just saying that matches get moved all the damn time for extraordinary circumstances. The league and the owners want to be accommodating in case something happens to them.

Wanyama is finished at Spurs

It’s really sad but I think everyone accepts that now.

Hopefully Skipp can get a slice of the action in the next few weeks.

Signs when he has played are worrying - Lamela was basically out in one long stint

The physical decline in Wanyama is obvious. Lamela might have been our for longer but what he went through has not affected his game and the injury has not recurred. He is being managed carefully and picked up a few muscle strains but nothing serious.

Wanyama has had multiple knee injuries since the initial severe one back in 2017 and it’s blindingly obvious that he can no longer move like he did before. It was expected that he would struggle against Barcelona but he was a ghost against West Ham’s reserves too, after 20 minutes he disappeared from the game and was being completely bypassed and giving fouls away. The Wanyama who used to bully opponents, be alive to everything and could cover every blade of grass...is not coming back. Every month he has another setback and in his current condition he is not able to do the job of defensive midfielder at the level we require.

I really hope he proves me wrong because like Sandro before him, he was an absolute beast before the injury.

Last edited:
Dier and Wanyama out, Sanchez being monitored because he played (Mon & Wed) when can we catch a break on fucking injuries?!?

I'd guess that Sanchez thing might be a red herring to keep the oppo guessing but this could be a great chance for Foyth to partner Toby. Wouldn't mind seeing 3ATB too for this one, the only problem with this would be if it doesn't work we have lost our in-game ability to switch it by utilising Dier. But Foyth prooved on Wednesday that he has pace and can deal with the inevitable ball played behind Tripps.

A deep midfield of Winks and Sissoko isn't anything to fear, maybe Poch might have to sub Sissoko and Dembele during the game. Poch said whilst Dele is fit, that he's a way off match fitness so another potential issue to manage.

-----------------------Lloris--------------------
-------Sanchez----Foyth-----Toby-----------
Aurier--------------------------------------Davies
------------Winks---Eriksen--Alli------------
---------------Lamela/Son--------------------
------------------------Kane-----------------------

I'm 50/50 on Sonny or Lamela tbh.

Back
Top Bottom