Wolves (A) - Saturday 11th November 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bollocks but there you go. Off to rip a chicken apart with my teeth.
Chicken on badge, no?

Real Madrid No GIF by FIFA

When the game finished I took my dogs for a walk to clear my head.
How massively arrogant are you that you think I hang around to read the pap that you serve up.
You utter turkey

I think you need to take the meds early today Mick, them and a nice mug of cocoa. Stick on the telly and we’ll get you a puzzle to complete.

If any of us actually thought that it would be business as usual playing Dier, Davies, Royal & Holberg, I think we’ve just been brought back down to earth with a very big bang. That was like watching Tottenham of last season. I don’t blame them, there’s just a huge drop in quality from the first 11 down to the 2nd string.

What was alarming about this game was how bad Bissouma and Sarr were, not the fringe players. We need them to get back to their previous level very quickly or the season will unravel.

I’m so glad you’re dedicating such a high % of your post count to me, I must really live in that head rent free. Good. Hopefully I continue to that going forward.

Cry & cope I guess, mr multi.
I'll tell you why. I rarely post here, but you caught me on a bad day.

You post your little “Dier is shit” post, get your tiny endorphin boost from 2 other smooth-brains liking it and then post exactly the same thing 10 minutes later. Seriously, how fucking empty is your life to get joy from that?

Day after day you just jump on the latest bandwagon - Porro can’t defend, Romero is a liability, Son has gone, hey “insert name here” get out of my club.

It’s fucking pathetic - we were 5 minutes from going top of the league after a shit performance after plenty of excellent games. TOP OF THE LEAGUE - and you spent the whole match spitting bile at what are meant to be your own players.

You’ve posted 17,000 times - I doubt very much you’ve EVER written anything insightful and intelligent that actually adds to the conversation.

You are like the bored bloke I used to sit behind week after week on the old East stand - just grumbling and complaining about every missed pass and insulting our players.

Give it a fucking rest.

Wouldn't have given a fuck.

- Bounce back from a harmful night on Monday.
- Depleted squad.
- International break looming

This game was about 3 points... Not a pretty performance.

Only Porro can play AngeBall in that starting defence, with Lurch and Davies just so, so defenders. Let's face it if they were considered good enough they would be starting. Royal is the only one of those starting in defence today who should be kept.

The old school needs shifting and should be gone come Summer 2024.

Ange I am sure will be thinking that as well, bring in one or two new faces between January and August and promote one or two from within.

We need rid of most who were here under Poch, who have been here for almost a decade.

Maybe, just maybe, many of the past 12 managers had a point when they eluded to a certain Chairman not backing the team with the required players. I know Ange has said that he has say in the buying of players but he definitely wouldn't have relied on only 2 real CBs.

You can give Ange 100 years, if change doesn't come in upper management, there will be no change.

Putting Harry Kanes 100 million on ice, to collect Interest, while plans for apartments are approved shows where the interest lays.

He was dropping back and linked play just fine. We didn't have enough pace/quality going forward to take advantage of a few of the passes he put through. As far as the final third, he got zero service. Like literally zero. But yeah definitely not his finest game and prob could have done more.
Maybe he was tired I don’t know but not good enough today

We all knew that this team wasn't going to be a quick fix.

Any football fan worthy of the name outside of Woolwich will truly understand that losing three of your starting defence would cause issues for the team.

We have lost as many games as the multi-billionaire team in Manchester, and this with a new coach, depleted team and still learning.

Pep didn't win anything in his first season, as he was rebuilding.

Give Ange time, because the wheels haven't fallen off in a week, we have just suffered through injury and suspension.

We have witnessed what Sheffield did a few weeks ago, and this result should only strengthen our resolve, teach the newer players to the team a lesson and hopefully point out to Udogie and Romero that not being on the field costs the team as much as being on it.

I love Ange but he is not Pep and Spurs are not City. I agree it will take time but we kinda say that with every manager.

Biss has been playing on eggshells since his red card. Hope he’s better when he’s back

I think it's more that the ban for accumulative yellows has been hanging over him....... Now he's had that final yellow I expect we'll see a better Biss again.

Big performance against City from him will exorcise these demons.

You post your little “Dier is shit” post, get your tiny endorphin boost from 2 other smooth-brains liking it and then post exactly the same thing 10 minutes later. Seriously, how fucking empty is your life to get joy from that?

Day after day you just jump on the latest bandwagon - Porro can’t defend, Romero is a liability, Son has gone, hey “insert name here” get out of my club.

It’s fucking pathetic - we were 5 minutes from going top of the league after a shit performance after plenty of excellent games. TOP OF THE LEAGUE - and you spent the whole match spitting bile at what are meant to be your own players.

You’ve posted 17,000 times - I doubt very much you’ve EVER written anything insightful and intelligent that actually adds to the conversation.

You are like the bored bloke I used to sit behind week after week on the old East stand - just grumbling and complaining about every missed pass and insulting our players.

Give it a fucking rest.

TLDR I assume you cried a lot and that makes me happy.

Ok to be fair then, you have been massively critical of him in the past, to an unjustified level. The comments you made, whilst admitting that he has to play, were classic damning with faint praise tactics, and critical of aspects of his game that were obscure.
Because in my opinion he was absolutely terrible. Woeful and completely ill suited to playing as a DM. It was justified IMO. Some fucking maniacs were adamant he was good in that position

What was alarming about this game was how bad Bissouma and Sarr were, not the fringe players. We need them to get back to their previous level very quickly or the season will unravel.
Maybe this reflects the old guard of Dier, Hoj, Davies coming back in and upsetting the team chemistry.

Sarr and Biss have been all smiles and bouncing, but now Hoj and Dier are back bringing their Mourinho/Conte vibe.

Need to move on from that lot. Play the youth if necessary.

Give it a fucking rest.

giphy.gif

Erm……. Beyond VDV and Romero we knew we had little suitable for a high line beyond Sanchez and we got rid of him. You do realise we need a squad not just a first 11. Players get injured, they get sent off that’s life. Going for a high line under Dier is always a huge risk, it’s not his fault, it’s just his attributes.

If Ange is playing the highline with nine on the pitch he sure as hell isn't changing that with eleven on the pitch.

Remember, Ange has said on many occasion this team cannot be fixed in one transfer window. If we are half as successful in next Summers recruitment as we were this Summer then the future is bright.

Today, who is the happier fan, a Spurs one, Chelsea or Man United one?

There are valid reasons for Monday's and todays result, and this should reflect in the mind of both Romero and Udogie, both absent through poor discipline.

Hopefully this result will bring a few home truths to both of them, not that Ange hasn't already reminded them the result of their midweek actions.

Back
Top Bottom