Wolves (A) - Saturday 11th November 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So after that, who do we think starts against Wolves next?

This is my best guess (edited after the injury updates):

Vicario
Porro
Dier
PhillipsRoyal
RoyalDavies
Sarr
Bissouma
Højbjerg
Kulusevski
Son
Johnson
lineup code
[lineup="away"]
Vicario
Porro Dier Phillips/Royal Royal/Davies
Sarr Bissouma Højbjerg
Kulusevski Son Johnson
[/lineup]

Last edited:
We move forward.

Problems at the back but more than enough in attack to worry this Wolves team and the fact they'll be without Neto is even more of a blessing now.

Win this and we go back on top, 2 points clear and those below us can play under a bit of pressure again.

Vicario
Porro - Dier - Phillips - Royal
Sarr - Bissouma - Maddison
Kulusevski - Son - Johnson

I doubt we throw Phillips out there tbh I think we're more likely to see one of Hojbjerg/Davies/Royal play there and then one of Davies/Royal at LB. But he has the pace to fill in for van de Ven and allow a more seamless transition.

We move forward.

Problems at the back but more than enough in attack to worry this Wolves team and the fact they'll be without Neto is even more of a blessing now.

Win this and we go back on top, 2 points clear and those below us can play under a bit of pressure again.

Vicario

I doubt we throw Phillips out there tbh I think we're more likely to see one of Hojbjerg/Davies/Royal play there and then one of Davies/Royal at LB. But he has the pace to fill in for van de Ven and allow a more seamless transition.
Would rest Maddison unless we need him in the 2nd half.

Vicario
Porro - Dier - Phillips - Emerson
Bissouma - Bentancur
Kulusevski - Maddison - Johnson
Son

4-1 Spurs.

We move forward.

Vicario

Got to play Phillips or Dorrington if they don't get a chance now with no other CBS it won't look good IMO

The lineup for this one could be truly deranged if Maddison is hurt.

Thank fuck Neto is injured, wouldn’t want to see us playing a high line against him.

Without both Romero and Van De Ven there is no way we will get away with a high line. Im hoping one of our U21s make an appearance rather than Dier and Davies as I dont think they are good enough.

Wolves are no push overs and will be more clinical than Chelsea. Dont forget that they beat City at home.

Hope Madders is fine and it was precautionary we will need all our attacking flair the next few games.

Ange will have the players in the right frame of mind but the major drop-off in quality in our back 4 is what it is. No Maddison is also a huge loss.

A match that will say a lot about us under Ange, as we all feared the impact of injuries to the first 11.

Vic
Porro Dier Philips Royal
Sarr Bissouma Maddison
Johnson Son Kulusevski

Try the above. Philips and Royal both have pace.

Tough game this wolves side beat city don't underestimate them

They have played 5 at home and managed to win one game 2-1 where they had 1 shot on target.
City had 23 shots in total.
Any other day they would have got battered.

15th best team at home so far.
Negative goal difference at home.

If we are that worried about this lot there are much much harder matches to come.

A don’t lose game. Win would be a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom