Wolves (A) - Saturday 11th November 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where is Lo Celso in this?

If we are starting 11 v 11 and Madders isn't fit, surely that's the only chance Lo Celso is going to get?

I'd be tempted to try Kulusevski there but also Ok with Lo Celso getting a start with Bissouma and Sarr.

Especially if Hojberg has to play CB.
For me, our best chance at the back is to have the forward press at 100% - I wish it wasn’t the case but the last couple of times I’ve seen Lo Celso he has looked totally uninterested. Whoever comes in needs to be all over them and not let them pick passes through our defence.

If we are starting 11 v 11 and Madders isn't fit, surely that's the only chance Lo Celso is going to get?

I'd be tempted to try Kulusevski there but also Ok with Lo Celso getting a start with Bissouma and Sarr.

Fuck that

I think this is about as obvious a statement as Son being from South Korea...

We literally don't have any other like for like options...

Technically, PEH is out of his natural position, and Phillips is untried at this level...

It's Dier for definite, + one from PEH or Phillips imho!
You have to start PEH - either in MF or at the back. I think he’ll be ok there, suits his strengths and masks his weaknesses

Could see this

Vicario
Emerson Phillips Dier Davies

Assuming Davies is fit.
I think we look a little light in attack there....
I'd play at LEAST 6 MORE players... (unless this is the team that FINISHES the game, after our half-dozen glut of red cards!!!!!?)

You have to start PEH - either in MF or at the back. I think he’ll be ok there, suits his strengths and masks his weaknesses
Whilst I doubt Ange will ever go ultra defensive.... I think we might see more caution over the next few games... If only to protect the untried back line...

I can certainly Imagine PEH starting as cover in the midfield, maybe alongside Bissouma & Sarr... especially if Maddison is unavailable...

I think Saturday will be a bit of a patchwork team to be honest...
We might see summit more attack minded against Villa, but then at Man City, we're gonna have to shut up shop and hope for the best...

Monday REALLY fucked us!

...and the worst thing is, it was totally avoidable!

We all need to measure our expectations of the team for the next few weeks.

We are really in the trenches at the moment with injuries and suspensions, so it wouldn’t be a surprise if we struggle in the games coming up.

It’s a bad phase but we need to support the players who we have out there and hope we get through the next few weeks as unscathed as possible
I think that if the players, whoever gets selected, play with the effort and 'never-say-die'; attitude, the supporters will stay behind them and Ange, until we get everybody back.

Vic
Porro/Dier/Phillips/Davies
Biss
Sarr/Madds
Deki/Son/Johnson

Forster
Lo Celso
Skipp
Gil
Veliz
Royal
Donley
PEH
Bents

Think Madds will start but go off after 60. International break coming up so will rest after. Phillips I would like to start as despite experience works better in a high line with his pace. Diers experience will help alongside him IMO.

2-1 spurs

I'd play at LEAST 6 MORE players... (unless this is the team that FINISHES the game, after our half-dozen glut of red cards!!!!!?)

Whilst I doubt Ange will ever go ultra defensive.... I think we might see more caution over the next few games... If only to protect the untried back line...

I can certainly Imagine PEH starting as cover in the midfield, maybe alongside Bissouma & Sarr... especially if Maddison is unavailable...

We might see summit more attack minded against Villa, but then at Man City, we're gonna have to shut up shop and hope for the best...

Monday REALLY fucked us!

It will be a patchwork team but putting PEH in MF doesn’t help us defensively - invites pressure. Really hope he plays at the back TBH and rather than sitting off, we play to our strengths and relieve pressure by playing forward

Vic
Porro/Dier/Phillips/Davies
Biss
Sarr/Madds
Deki/Son/Johnson

Forster
Lo Celso
Skipp
Gil
Veliz
Royal
Donley
PEH
Bents

Think Madds will start but go off after 60. International break coming up so will rest after. Phillips I would like to start as despite experience works better in a high line with his pace. Diers experience will help alongside him IMO.

2-1 spurs
No way Royal and PEH start on the bench IMO. Davies is a terrible LB, if he starts I hope it’s LCB.

It will be a patchwork team but putting PEH in MF doesn’t help us defensively - invites pressure. Really hope he plays at the back TBH and rather than sitting off, we play to our strengths and relieve pressure by playing forward
PEH at the heart of defence should be a last resort, as it was the other night. Much rather see 2 actual defenders play, Royal at LB and Davies/Dorrington as squad cover (if the former is even fit).

Call it blind optimism but I'm pretty confident Dier and Phillips will do the job for us. They'll be familiar with how we play from training - they just won't do it as well.

Hwang has been in good form so will be a threat. 3-1 Spurs

Need a bit of change of plan .O'Neil was on sky the other week Monday night football when we did Fulham and did his homework on us . Definitely need to mix it up a bit in style of how we play with the players we have out

Monday REALLY fucked us!

What part of Ange’s interview did you not understand? We won’t be cautious in any way. He goes to win every game. He won’t shut up shop against anyone.

Need a bit of change of plan .O'Neil was on sky the other week Monday night football when we did Fulham and did his homework on us . Definitely need to mix it up a bit in style of how we play with the players we have out
Why?? We have been beaten once because we had 9 men. Why change something that is working ridiculously well? I don’t understand that thinking

The vibe Ange has given is that we will play a certain way under him. Whatever it happening and whoever is playing.

And all clubs do their homework. Just because he was in a sky studio one night so that will make no difference whatsoever.

Personally 100% expect more of the same from this team with everyone knowing the job they have to do and the patterns of play we have been working on since July.

Every manager we’ve came up against has done their homework on us but it hasn’t worked for any of them.

Interestingly, since he's been on MNF he hasn't won a single game. Losing to Sheff Utd in the process.

Forget about Lo Celso he is not good enough to be involved in a starting XI. The realistic options to replace Maddison are Bentancur, Kulusevski and Hojbjerg. At least they can physically compete.

Back
Top Bottom