Wolves (A) - Saturday 11th November 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hmmmm...

The 6 games starting yesterday were alwaya going to tell us how much we have got.

Well let's see.

Opportunities for other players to make their mark.

This tells us the strength of the resolve and ability in the squad. Players need to show up.

all our attackers are fine, im not too concerned about wolves. Probably won't keep a clean sheet now but think we'll have too much fire power for them overall.

its villa, newcastle and man city games straight after thats the problem now

Oh No Reaction GIF by BrownSugarApp

Was impressed by O'Neil a few weeks ago on MVF. He seemed to do his homework on the opposition.

Which means tonight's madness may help us as he'll have no clue what Ange is planning.

Still a tough game though. Will settle for a 1-0 win and no injuries/cards!
He'll know exactly what we're planning: a super aggressive high line with Dier and Davies *gulp*

:kulushock::levywhoa::skipwtf:

Neto being out is big for Wolves, he's created a lot of chances and leading in the assists. They beat City, but then lost to Sheff Utd so they're not consistent at all.

I think Madders will be fine, it was a precautionary move for him. I'd like to see Phillips get a game, he's playing well for the u21's and at England level.

Vicario
Porro - Dier - Phillips - Emerson
Sarr - Bissouma
Deki - Maddison - Johnson
Son​

It's amazing that in all of the posts so far no-one has picked Lo Celso and few want Davies.
Why do we keep them if they are never going to play ?
As regards playing Phillips or Dorrington, are they ready as they haven't been on the bench yet ?
Even Ange cannot play 90 mins with people who cannot play a high line ??

We all need to measure our expectations of the team for the next few weeks.

We are really in the trenches at the moment with injuries and suspensions, so it wouldn’t be a surprise if we struggle in the games coming up.

It’s a bad phase but we need to support the players who we have out there and hope we get through the next few weeks as unscathed as possible

Just thinking about it, maybe Ange tries Deki at CAM if Madders is not fit?
Good shout, makes lots of sense.

Brennan - Kulu - Gil/Richy

Sonny
I trust that front 4 to create chances & score goals.

Other option I quite like is:

Kulu - Roddy - Brennan
Sonny

Roddy's got the goods to play higher up the pitch. Can pass, can score, can press. Needs the minutes too.

I would put Davies in as LCB. He reads the game well defensively which could make up for a lack of pace. And if Emerson is going to play on the left I think having a left footer next to him will help our build up play from the back. I don't really ever feel worried with Davies. If it were a home game then I'd be more inclined to give a kid a chance like Phillips but away we need experience to get through IMO.

Not in his decision making.

If it’s Dier so be it but I’d probably even try Phillips or Dorrington
Dorrington has only just started U21 football. Putting him immediately in the starting XI of a Premier League game would be unfair to the kid.

Last edited:
Vicario
Porro
Dier
Davies
Emerson
Sarr
Bissouma
Bentancur
Kulusevski
Son
Johnson
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Dier Davies Emerson
Sarr Bissouma Bentancur
Kulusevski Son Johnson
[/lineup]

Bench: Forster, Phillips, Dorrington, Craig, Hojbjerg, Lo Celso, Gil, Donley, Veliz

Presuming Maddison and Richy are out, I think it might have to be this, that defence is cursed. After Hojbjerg's performance I kinda want to squeeze him in, but preferably not at CB and Bissouma is just better.

Back
Top Bottom