Wolves (A) - Saturday 11th November 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From what I've seen of Phillips he seems some way off the first team.

On the FTL podcast they had a bloke who follows the U21s and U18s closely who reckoned that Dorrington is nearer senior level at the minute.
I think Phillips is more likely based on physicality and having already having had experience playing mens level with a handful for starts last season in the Championship with Blackburn. Also been on the bench a few times already this season. Few wayward passes in recent games but I think he fits the system a bit better than having PEH/Royal out of position. Big fan of Dorrington and I think he's been slightly better this season for the u21s and looked quite good against the mens teams in the EFL Trophy games but not really had enough experience against men outside of that and training so imagine he's slightly behind Phillips at the moment. There's another u21s EFL trophy game tonight against Cambridge, wouldn't be surprised if both left out so they can train with first team.

all our attackers are fine, im not too concerned about wolves. Probably won't keep a clean sheet now but think we'll have too much fire power for them overall.

its villa, newcastle and man city games straight after thats the problem now

Oh No Reaction GIF by BrownSugarApp

Well Richy isn’t fine! Hes gonna have surgery on his pubis. We are cursed!

Dier did ok but is still asking for trouble in a high line.

Davies and Hojberg in CB for me

Neither are quick, we need a foot runner and that may mean taking a risk on Philips.

You can say other teams go high line we but go extreme. Davies and Hojbjerg would have to be perfect in the offside trap for them to be a partnership.

If Madds is out I'd like to try Kulu as the creative spark , switch Brennan to the right wing and stick Richie out on the left.

Vic
Porro Dier Philips Royal
Sarr Bissouma
Kulu
Johnson Son Richie

So after that, who do we think starts against Wolves next?

This is my best guess (assuming Maddison is ok):

Vicario
Porro
Dier
HøjbjergPhillips
Royal
Sarr
Bissouma
Kulusevski
Maddison
Johnson
Son
lineup code
[lineup="away"]
Vicario
Porro Dier Højbjerg/Phillips Royal
Sarr Bissouma
Kulusevski Maddison Johnson
Son
[/lineup]
I like your idea of sneakily playing 5 in our back 4.

Serious for a moment - I'll be a bit surprised if Maddison's fit. If he's able to start I think he'll only play 60 mins. Richarlison may need to take his place.

If Madds is out I'd like to try Kulu as the creative spark , switch Brennan to the right wing and stick Richie out on the left.

Vic
Porro Dier Philips Royal
Sarr Bissouma
Kulu
Johnson Son Richie
Just heard Richy is having surgery on his pelvis, been having trouble for 8 months apparently. Always the same with our medical staff. See how it goes then surgery.

Vic
Porro Dier Philips Royal
Sarr Bissouma
Kulu
Johnson Son Richie

From what Ange said sounds like Maddison was purely precautionary and tactical adjustments due to sending offs.

I don’t think I’ve ever been more desperate to watch us play again.

Surely I’m mad, right?

You’re not, I’m just as eager for the match against Wolves.

The injuries and suspensions are beyond fucked, but it’s intriguing to see what Ange will do about the line-up. It would be absolutely glorious to see the team bounce back and show their resilience.

Vicario
Porro Royal
Bissouma Maddison Sarr
Johnson Kulu Son Veliz Gil

War Attack GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

Back
Top Bottom