Win at the Bernabeau or the Emirates

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Light hearted question here

Just had a friendly disagreement with my Dad over the following hypothetical question , so thought i would see the opinion on here
If someone said to you that Spurs could win at the bernabeau or win at the emirates this season but not both , which would you pick?
I say emirates and would hope the majority agrees , there is no better feeling for me than beating that lot, even when they are shit, and its about time we won at their dump
My dad says win at the bernabeau for the prestige and belief it would bring to the club
Thoughts ?
Other than TLDR gifs ofcourse ;)
Beat them both, that would be nirvana

Draw at one, win at the other, don't mind which way.

Oh, and when we're all safely out the Death Star falls down.

The Bernabeu can collapse too for all I care, it's just it's on a major road and people might get hurt. I couldn't give a rat's hole if they do in N5

I would take a win against those pricks anywhere in the world, whl, Wembley, Emirates or Syria. This game is a bonus for us, the nerves and stress we've endured for good reason over the last couple of years, with the good start we've had in the CL this year means we can sit down and watch this tomorrow relatively stress free and soak in how far we've come legitimately.

The Bernabeu all day long, a win there would resonate worldwide and plus give us a night bearing so many stories that our grandchildren would be telling their grand kids. We can go back to taking the piss out of that lot for the rest of our history (or draw so that we can rightfully ignore them)

I won't give the wanderers the honour of valuing a win against them more than a win against an actual worldclass team.

Fuck that has-been club. We're in another league now, and I'd love nothing more than to prove it by getting points at Bernabeu while those soulless amateurs prepare for a thursday trip to Kazakhstan or wherever.

Last edited:
Emirates. If we beat Real & the scum beat us, then in their delusion & by their logic, they would be the best team in Europe by default. Fuck that.
Draw tonight would be fucking magical though. Unexpected, but magical.

Beating Madrid on their own turf will be something historic and is a statement of where the club is at. Beating that shit show of a club Woolwich is like kicking an old drunk guy passed out on the floor that's already pissed his pants.
That may be so but we've still only won at Woolwich once in my time as a supporter, so it's time to turn our dominance over them into wins both home and away before we get complacent about beating them.

If it was a two legged quarter final CL win over Real then I might reconsider but the group stage is all about getting through, which we should do anyway.

Scumerates by a very small margin simply because, as someone said up thread, the feeling of misery after a loss there is much worse than I will ever feel losing tonight. Plus the scum are a much weaker team than RM and not winning at the scumerates would be harder to take for that reason as well.

Last edited:
May be controversial but win at the Bernabeau.

In terms of what it would mean for the club in the bigger picture and what it would do for the confidence of the team.

We can win at their shit hole any year. We're better than them and have been for a long time now. We know it, they know it.

We're not that club that finishes 14th and hopes for a result against the gooners as the only meaningful game of the season anymore.

Back
Top Bottom