Win at the Bernabeau or the Emirates

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That may be so but we've still only won at Woolwich once in my time as a supporter, so it's time to turn our dominance over them into wins both home and away before we get complacent about beating them.

If it was a two legged quarter final CL win over Real then I might reconsider but the group stage is all about getting through, which we should do anyway.
When will we get to play at the Bernabeau again though? Maybe next season, maybe not again for 5-10 years. We have to play that joke of a side down the road at least twice a season, usually more

Kane and the Lads want to show they can compete against the best.

Win at the Bernabeau to show we've arrived.

It won't matter if we don't win, but then it won't matter if we draw one against Woolwich on a long road of ascendency.

Very difficult question. After weighing up how many limbs I think I would lose celebrating a winner in both games, i'll go with Madrid. I'm actually at a stage where i'm confident going into every game against Woolwich now, whereas the unexpected victory in Madrid would just blow my mind.

Another Sonny limbs moment!!

We get plenty of chances to win at the Emirates. How many times are we likely to get the chance to defeat Real Madrid in their backyard? A win at the Bernabeu would be a huge moment in our history and a huge marker of our progress.

What would a win at the Emirates prove? That we can beat a mediocre team?

I came in here like "is this even a question?" cos it had to be the Emirates, but reading some of the replies I'm kinda torn now.

I mean we don't expect to win at the Bernabeu, and the worst that can happen is that lot have a laugh at us..... So smashing them at their place would shut that down fairly quickly.

How about we draw both?

We won at the Emirates in November 2010 and then lost to Real Madrid later that season. Whilst a bigger gap in months hopefully a good omen for winning at the Emirates but do not want to get beat 4-0 tonight.

We are so beyond beating Woolwich being the highlight of the season. Although beating them is always satisfying, the points are the most important thing now. (The Spammers would be happy to be relegated if they beat us, we are past this). Although we are not expected to win tonight, I can't believe we wouldn't be dancing on the ceiling if we somehow, miracle of miracles, got a win tonight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom