Wilfried Zaha

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do remember him tearing Rose apart in the 2 games we faced them last year, don't think I can name another player in the league who's caused Danny Rose as much trouble. We completely and utterly lack pace in the front four, don't think he's a starter by any means but the thought of someone like him coming off the bench on the 70 minute mark makes complete sense to me. Assist wise also I think you've got to take into account who he was trying to find in the box at palace. End product wise if you look at how Walkers delivery has changed under Poch there must be some hope. Hell of a kick in the teeth for Townsend mind.

I do remember him tearing Rose apart in the 2 games we faced them last year, don't think I can name another player in the league who's caused Danny Rose as much trouble. We completely and utterly lack pace in the front four, don't think he's a starter by any means but the thought of someone like him coming off the bench on the 70 minute mark makes complete sense to me. Assist wise also I think you've got to take into account who he was trying to find in the box at palace. End product wise if you look at how Walkers delivery has changed under Poch there must be some hope. Hell of a kick in the teeth for Townsend mind.
Didn't his hopeful cross find Vertonghen who turned the ball into his own net. That will be one assist.
He's been talking for ages about how he needs to improve his goalscoring and crossing and take training form into games. Yet he hasn't done that.

He's great defensively, has pace and can beat a man. If Poch can improve his end product then great.
I am sceptical, but if it happens I hope he does. I hope Zaha improves 10 fold with us.
It could be all shit , it could be true & not a signing Pochettino isn't too keen on, but if Pochettino does want him he knows more than me, and knows what he wants.

Because, dont ya know, not so long ago we spent over 20mill on a player who turned out to be a flop. So we must never, ever pay such transfer fees again
That wasn't under Poch, you helmet
Everyone should have known why Pochettino was brought in and what he does by now.
We seem to have got 3 decent players for £39m under Poch in Alderwiered, Janssen and Wanyama.
Then again we could have bought Bolasie for the same price.
The stadium is getting built Johnny and that costs money. The lodge is getting built, more money.
Pochettino is here to use the academy and supplement it with decent signings.
We have never been £30m club bar one year. Yes the TV money has increased but a chunk is earmarked for the other stuff.
Everton sold stones for £50m so that means they should be spending £160m this season surely.
For all their bluffing Spam have spent the same as us.
Saints have bought 3 players for £27m and sold £57m, really splashing the TV money there.
Palace have spent £50m on 4 players and sold £43m so far, TV money Haemorrhaging there.
I think the TV money is mostly spent on wage bills.
Cunts like Conte meaning about the state of the transfer market and how the mad fees are making it 'difficult' for him.
Obviously knows fuck all about how that all started & Chavdom.

Chill doubting Thomas.

A friendly and we'll thought out counter argument. I can accept that. I disagree with you using the likes of Palace and Southampton as benchmarks though. No comparison to Spurs, Europe's 11th richest club. Far bigger expectations and rightly so
Yeah...I do not like to use those as examples, but Liverpool have always been able to spend more than us, and the other 4 we have no hope of going toe to toe with in fees and wages atm.
So, I just picked Saints & Spam who were next down and Everton ( a similar club in their City) who have been bought out and given bundles to spend. Palace as they just spent £20m+ on a player and the latest hype..
There was my rational

Thanks. Your not even part of our fanbase
And thankfully so

IMG_1687.jpg

I guess Twitter doesn't rate him because he is an English winger...

Zaha has the pace we need and the most consistent dribbler in the league. Yes, his final pass is something to work on, but we did well with the English players Poch has brought in so far. He would finally give our game more width and allow us to counter-attack. Would be nice if this is true and we get the deal done before the Liverpool game.

Back
Top Bottom