Which game gave you the most satisfaction last season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which game gave you the most personal satisfaction last season?

• Home V L'arse

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Home V Dippers

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Home V Dortmund

• Home V Real Madrid

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Home V Manure

• Away V Dortmund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Away V Real Madrid

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Away V Chavs

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • Away V Dippers

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Away V Spam

• Away V Juve

• Total voters
Game I was at was Woolwich.

That was a 6nil game in everything but scoreline with some Lamela shithousery thrown in.
Absolutely dominated them. Should have been an absolute thrashing but to watch us be on such a different level to them felt great.

Game I wasn’t at - Chavs away. Great result from all aspects but especially historically with us failing to win there for so long.
And really it confirmed CL football that day.

Real Madrid at home ... it was the best game I've been to in my 35 years as a Spurs fan.

Brilliant performance, amazing atmosphere, and managed to get brilliant seats too. A perfect evening of football.

Of all the games I went to this year (all of which were immense dominant performances except for Juve H and Burnley back in August), I’m gonna day Sunday v Leicester

Simply because it served as a reminder of how far we have come since playing like that under Ossie, and that in itself elevates United, RM, Dortmund results and atmospheres (as ones attended)

Chelsea result last month was laying a hoodoo to rest, but set a benchmark also for how far we’ve come

Although the unmitigated levels of salt still being poured today and the fact that if the Pen had not been given would be a 4 point swing and put us 4th, has made the dipper result at Victimsfield just sweeter

Although Spammers and Gonners get honourable mentions, no votes yet. Says so much about our ambitions these days. Harry expressed it best when he said that beating Woolwich will never get old, but his ambition for the future is so much more now.

I think Harry was saying that they are irrelevant now and not worthy of being our rivals

I also think that next season Woolwich will sink further and be nearer to the Spam than they they will be comfortable with

Which decent manager would want either of them now other than the usual journeymen like BFS, Pulis, Moyes etc

But I’m loving it!

Has to be beating them cunts at the Bridge. So many years of hurt and jammy escapes made it all the more satisfying, as did the fact that winning effectively ended their slim CL hopes. Glorious.

Liverpool away.

For me, all of the obvious games were fantastic achievements, Dortmund, Madrid, Manure and the dippers home games and the way we ripped the Chavs up at the home of obnoxiousness.
But my personal favourite was away to the grief monkeys.
We gifted them a goal head start - and then set about dismantling them piece by piece. Their wonderful attacking team that put every team to the sword, including the runaway league leaders, was made to look like the away team, where we outplayed, and out fought them, had better possession (66%), territory and more shots on goal than them (double) and scored probably the goal of the season.
We gave them hope they didn't deserve when Salah scored that (admittedly excellent) goal in injury time and made their fans despair when Harry got the penalty to level things.
When it was saved, dippers fans around the world must have been lowering their trousers and reaching for the kleenex, and you could sense the smugness factor rising, like the heat of a hot summer night.
The satisfaction comes from the anguish, turning to bilious indignation and utter outrage as the second penalty went in, knowing that their pleasure turned to rage and their erections collapsed like a pile of jenga bricks.

If there's a god, she was wearing a Spurs shirt that night.

Schadenfreude at its very best.
Great, great day out that one.

Chelsea away and Real Madrid home were also exceptional. All three of them in different ways.

If I had to choose, then it's the chavs. At the same time, there's nothing quite like a last minute totally unexpected important goal (i.e. Kane's 2nd penalty at Anfield).

Last edited:
Beating RM was amazing but we still survived rather than demolished. Loved the Manutd and Juventus wins when we destroyed them. Chelsea away felt great too.

We didnt win any trophies and all, so thats a bit of a downer, but looking back at it , been a very decent season filled with some unexpected wins.

Liverpool away simply because of how amusing it was reading the dipper meltdowns.

From a purely sporting perspective, it has to be both Real Madrid matches.

Back
Top Bottom