Which game gave you the most satisfaction last season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which game gave you the most personal satisfaction last season?

• Home V L'arse

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Home V Dippers

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Home V Dortmund

• Home V Real Madrid

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Home V Manure

• Away V Dortmund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Away V Real Madrid

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Away V Chavs

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • Away V Dippers

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Away V Spam

• Away V Juve

• Total voters
Liverpool away.

For me, all of the obvious games were fantastic achievements, Dortmund, Madrid, Manure and the dippers home games and the way we ripped the Chavs up at the home of obnoxiousness.
But my personal favourite was away to the grief monkeys.
We gifted them a goal head start - and then set about dismantling them piece by piece. Their wonderful attacking team that put every team to the sword, including the runaway league leaders, was made to look like the away team, where we outplayed, and out fought them, had better possession (66%), territory and more shots on goal than them (double) and scored probably the goal of the season.
We gave them hope they didn't deserve when Salah scored that (admittedly excellent) goal in injury time and made their fans despair when Harry got the penalty to level things.
When it was saved, dippers fans around the world must have been lowering their trousers and reaching for the kleenex, and you could sense the smugness factor rising, like the heat of a hot summer night.
The satisfaction comes from the anguish, turning to bilious indignation and utter outrage as the second penalty went in, knowing that their pleasure turned to rage and their erections collapsed like a pile of jenga bricks.

If there's a god, she was wearing a Spurs shirt that night.

Schadenfreude at its very best.

Manure home for me. Total and utter domination. Could have scored more and I didn’t once feel nervous when they attacked.
Lost my oldest to that rabble too so the sense of smug satisfaction on a personal level was great. I didn’t say a word to him. Didn’t have to.

Chelsea away because of the astonishing length of time that anti-record has held, but Liverpool away was much more challenging and satisfying because they are more of a rival to us now than Chelsea on the pitch. That result was painful for Liverpool and summed up the season between us and final league positions. They have a superstar in Salah but it wasn't enough to beat us. I found that very satisfying.

RM home and Chelsea away- Dele's pair of braces were absolutely monstrous in both. The brace at home vs RM made me feel like we had finally made it as a club and could do anything; the second vs Chelsea away duly exorcised some demons we'd be haunted by for ages. Now, the sky is the limit for what we can do. We can beat anybody on our day. Fucking love Dele for that.

RM home for me closely followed by Juve away

Oleying RM and watching Ronaldo’s face after the third went in was superb

Nights like those make it all worthwhile

RM home and Chelsea away- Dele's pair of braces were absolutely monstrous in both. The brace at home vs RM made me feel like we had finally made it as a club and could do anything; the second vs Chelsea away duly exorcised some demons we'd be haunted by for ages. Now, the sky is the limit for what we can do. We can beat anybody on our day. Fucking love Dele for that.

And some twat on here wanted to bench him!

LMFAO

RM at home
1- I was there & the atmosphere was unbelievably good. One of the very best I’ve encountered.
2- we played them off the park.

In terms of overall satisfaction though, Chavs away. It was the moment when the demon was exorcised & I think that game was the most pivotal in securing top 4 again- at their expense ultimately. A most satisfying feeling
:ledleylick:

Real Madrid at home ... it was the best game I've been to in my 35 years as a Spurs fan.

Brilliant performance, amazing atmosphere, and managed to get brilliant seats too. A perfect evening of football.

Liverpool away.

For me, all of the obvious games were fantastic achievements, Dortmund, Madrid, Manure and the dippers home games and the way we ripped the Chavs up at the home of obnoxiousness.
But my personal favourite was away to the grief monkeys.
We gifted them a goal head start - and then set about dismantling them piece by piece. Their wonderful attacking team that put every team to the sword, including the runaway league leaders, was made to look like the away team, where we outplayed, and out fought them, had better possession (66%), territory and more shots on goal than them (double) and scored probably the goal of the season.
We gave them hope they didn't deserve when Salah scored that (admittedly excellent) goal in injury time and made their fans despair when Harry got the penalty to level things.
When it was saved, dippers fans around the world must have been lowering their trousers and reaching for the kleenex, and you could sense the smugness factor rising, like the heat of a hot summer night.
The satisfaction comes from the anguish, turning to bilious indignation and utter outrage as the second penalty went in, knowing that their pleasure turned to rage and their erections collapsed like a pile of jenga bricks.

If there's a god, she was wearing a Spurs shirt that night.

Schadenfreude at its very best.
Great, great day out that one.

Chelsea away and Real Madrid home were also exceptional. All three of them in different ways.

If I had to choose, then it's the chavs. At the same time, there's nothing quite like a last minute totally unexpected important goal (i.e. Kane's 2nd penalty at Anfield).

Last edited:
United home. I had spent months winding up my united supporting mates and it all culminated in an absolutely glorious demolition of their shite side from start to finish.

Of course when we lost the semi I had 138 delightful messages waiting for me on whatsapp :levyeyes:

Back
Top Bottom