Which game gave you the most satisfaction last season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Which game gave you the most personal satisfaction last season?

• Home V L'arse

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Home V Dippers

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Home V Dortmund

• Home V Real Madrid

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Home V Manure

• Away V Dortmund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Away V Real Madrid

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Away V Chavs

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • Away V Dippers

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Away V Spam

• Away V Juve

• Total voters
How lovely to have quite a number of matches to choose from. From games I was actually present - Real Madrid, Liverpool, Manchester United, Gonners and Dortmund away. Others that I sadly only caught on TV - Liverpool, Juventus and Madrid away.
But if I had only to pick one, then it would have to be the Chelsea away game, for all the obvious reasons, and it gave us a massive cushion, which we needed for the run in.
Put it this way, I was on such a high for the week that followed and no other thing has that power. The thing that I like most is being a Yid.

Liverpool away.

For me, all of the obvious games were fantastic achievements, Dortmund, Madrid, Manure and the dippers home games and the way we ripped the Chavs up at the home of obnoxiousness.
But my personal favourite was away to the grief monkeys.
We gifted them a goal head start - and then set about dismantling them piece by piece. Their wonderful attacking team that put every team to the sword, including the runaway league leaders, was made to look like the away team, where we outplayed, and out fought them, had better possession (66%), territory and more shots on goal than them (double) and scored probably the goal of the season.
We gave them hope they didn't deserve when Salah scored that (admittedly excellent) goal in injury time and made their fans despair when Harry got the penalty to level things.
When it was saved, dippers fans around the world must have been lowering their trousers and reaching for the kleenex, and you could sense the smugness factor rising, like the heat of a hot summer night.
The satisfaction comes from the anguish, turning to bilious indignation and utter outrage as the second penalty went in, knowing that their pleasure turned to rage and their erections collapsed like a pile of jenga bricks.

If there's a god, she was wearing a Spurs shirt that night.

Schadenfreude at its very best.

Reading this thread and taking more than five seconds to look back at our season, the “horrible Wembley season”, it really hammers home what a pathetic bunch the melters and doomsayers are. This Tottenham squad are so far beyond anything we’ve had for around three decades or more.

Chelsea away. The first time in my lifetime we'd beaten that mob. The first time in my lifetime I've wept in joy at a football match. Utd at home was also special on a personal note, living in Devon means I don't get to as many games as I would like and over the years the only games I've been able to get to at the old girl were category c games. Being behind that goal when Eriksen scored after 8 seconds was fucking euphoric.

Chelsea away because of the astonishing length of time that anti-record has held, but Liverpool away was much more challenging and satisfying because they are more of a rival to us now than Chelsea on the pitch. That result was painful for Liverpool and summed up the season between us and final league positions. They have a superstar in Salah but it wasn't enough to beat us. I found that very satisfying.

RM home for me closely followed by Juve away

Oleying RM and watching Ronaldo’s face after the third went in was superb

Nights like those make it all worthwhile

Chavs away. So many years of pain but also hugely meaningful in terms of the season overall. Most crucial result that rounded off an amazing run since December, including a run of difficult games.

Real Madrid brought a different sense of satisfaction in showing that we could compete on the very top European stage.

Chelsea away and it’s not even close. All that talk about us being the Harry Kane team and how we have never won at the bridge and then they get in front and everybody is saying the usual shite about us.

And then Eriksen scored a screamer and we turned it around with Deles two goals and won 3-1. Coming from behind made it so much better and it was the game that showed real progress and kinda clinched CL for us in the new stadium.

Manure home for me. Total and utter domination. Could have scored more and I didn’t once feel nervous when they attacked.
Lost my oldest to that rabble too so the sense of smug satisfaction on a personal level was great. I didn’t say a word to him. Didn’t have to.

United home. I had spent months winding up my united supporting mates and it all culminated in an absolutely glorious demolition of their shite side from start to finish.

Of course when we lost the semi I had 138 delightful messages waiting for me on whatsapp :levyeyes:

The unbridle joy at Chelsea and the Dippers was fantastic, but for me it was Real Madrid.
The supposedly best team in the world was humbled by a Spurs team echoing the Glory glory European nights, under the lights.
It was almost like being home again.

Beating Real Madrid at home, the atmosphere was amazing, we completely smashed the double reining CL winners.

So many matches this season to consider, Dippers home and away, Chavs away, Utd at Wembley in the league.

Dortmund at home our CL opener, lest we forget, after floundering in that competition last season, the now defunct Wembley hoo-doo and I think that match followed our draw against Burnley.
Before kick-off there was a lot of hope not as much expectation, a must win game in the group of death to opponents who soundly beat us home and away last time we met.
Special mention to finally beating Chelsea at their place and initiating a wailing and gnashing of teeth up in red scouse land

RM home and Chelsea away- Dele's pair of braces were absolutely monstrous in both. The brace at home vs RM made me feel like we had finally made it as a club and could do anything; the second vs Chelsea away duly exorcised some demons we'd be haunted by for ages. Now, the sky is the limit for what we can do. We can beat anybody on our day. Fucking love Dele for that.

I think it had to be West Brom at home. Conceding early (a goal I only heard, not saw, as I was queuing outside thanks to slow safety searches) but showing the character to come back against the bottom of the table club who'd just sacked their manager and rescue a well-earned point was a real triumph for us.

Great day out all round. I'm surprised the players didn't take a lap of honour for that one. Poch could learn a lot from Klopp there.

(Serious answer - tempted to say the Liverpool thrashing but beating Chelsea away without Kane to both break our duck at that ground and rubbish the idea of us being a one man team was pretty satisfying)

Back
Top Bottom